Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(Rumor PFT) Strahan to the Skins? (MERGED)

Kurd Cudins

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

STRAHAN TO THE 'SKINS?

There's talk at the scouting combine in Indy that Giants defensive end Michael Strahan wants to become a member of the Washington Redskins.

On the surface, the chances of the Giants trading Strahan within the division seem to be remote at best. But, as the rumor goes, Strahan is prepared to be difficult in the locker room if the team won't let him leave.

The presumed motivation? Money. Strahan had a lot of it. Last month, he was ordered to give a lot of it to his ex-wife.

And the Redskins are always willing to overpay. Especially at a time when the free-agent market doesn't contain many high-end performers at the position.

For the Giants, moving Strahan could be a short-term curse but a long-term blessing. The team has been dysfunctional for several years, and the continued presence of guys like Strahan has not helped the situation. At all.

With TiVi Barber and LaVar Arrington and Luke Pet-a-goat already gone, it makes sense (in our view) to continue to clear out the chronic malcontents. Like Strahan. And Plaxico Burress. And Jeremy Shockey.

Strahan, 35, is under contract with the Giants for the next two seasons, at salaries of $4 million per year. He missed seven games due to injury in 2006.

I don't even know what to think about this. Discuss.

STRAHAN TO THE 'SKINS?

There's talk at the scouting combine in Indy that Giants defensive end Michael Strahan wants to become a member of the Washington Redskins.

On the surface, the chances of the Giants trading Strahan within the division seem to be remote at best. But, as the rumor goes, Strahan is prepared to be difficult in the locker room if the team won't let him leave.

The presumed motivation? Money. Strahan had a lot of it. Last month, he was ordered to give a lot of it to his ex-wife.

And the Redskins are always willing to overpay. Especially at a time when the free-agent market doesn't contain many high-end performers at the position.

For the Giants, moving Strahan could be a short-term curse but a long-term blessing. The team has been dysfunctional for several years, and the continued presence of guys like Strahan has not helped the situation. At all.

With TiVi Barber and LaVar Arrington and Luke Pet-a-goat already gone, it makes sense (in our view) to continue to clear out the chronic malcontents. Like Strahan. And Plaxico Burress. And Jeremy Shockey.

Strahan, 35, is under contract with the Giants for the next two seasons, at salaries of $4 million per year. He missed seven games due to injury in 2006.

ridiculous. I think they make up and post whatever absurd scenario comes to mind, calling it a rumor because once its on their board it becomes just that. Never ever happen in a million years.

that is my logic. PFT just throws out soo many random pointless crap ideas that some are bound to be true. They just cover themselves by saying "rumor". That way, the true ones, they can say they scooped others and get people to subscribe to them.

I say they just throw out whatever little credibility they have left and become an Onion like site for football.

I don't know, based on the fact we have not spoken to either DE about restructuring and that DE is easily the best and deepest position in the draft, this could be a distinct possibility. We could be bringing in Strahan to mentor a young stud. I just hope he's not another Bruce Smith, who's sole goal was personal records. I don't want this, but it will be an upgrade for us.

its a fact strahan is just trying to get paid. his ex wife pwned him hard on their divorce and i think he had to give her half. thats painful.

Ah PFT - the Weekly World News of the NFL. Really, they sit back, and fling poo against the wall and see what sticks.

As far as Strahan is considered, he is old, beat up, wants to get paid a la Bruce Smith, is a locker room cancer, and prefers the company of men - not that there's anything wrong with that

Archived