Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What if: Brunnel to Tampa pick swap

Veretax

Here's a thought I had. Maybe I'm wrong about Tampa, and they do badly need a QB, but because Gruden has to win now, doesn't want to draft Quinn and risk it being a bust. Gradowski takes too many sacks, so who can you find with NFl experience that throws few INTs and a Avoids sacks.

Why not trade Mark brunnel to Tampa to swap picks?

What do you think of that move?

What do you think we do after such a trade happens?

Do we pick the BPA, draft for our D Line needs the studd we really want, Take Calvin Johnson, or is it a move to try to trade down for a lower 1st rd pick and a second third etc?

What do you guys think?

Here's a thought I had. Maybe I'm wrong about Tampa, and they do badly need a QB, but because Gruden has to win now, doesn't want to draft Quinn and risk it being a bust. Gradowski takes too many sacks, so who can you find with NFl experience that throws few INTs and a Avoids sacks.

Do we pick the BPA, draft for our D Line needs the studd we really want, Take Calvin Johnson, or is it a move to try to trade down for a lower 1st rd pick and a second third etc?

What do you guys think?

No one in hell would Tampa ever make that trade. I'm sure Gruden was impressed by Mark's explosive 41 yard game in Tampa in the playoffs.

Plus, even if we could find some sucker to take Mark off our hands, the cap hit we would take would probably kill the deal.

What do you guys think?

They re-signed Simms. They take CJ. Also, moving up does nothing for us because we'll still have at least one fo the guys we need/want at #6.

They re-signed Simms. They take CJ. Also, moving up does nothing for us because we'll still have at least one fo the guys we need/want at #6.

And Tampa may not need a WR, they may go out in FA and get one if they need one that badly, but seriouslythis isn't about CJ, its about if the trade were offered would it be enough for tampa, and what would the skins afterwards.

I initially thought they might be looking at a QB also, but I think Gruden is going to stick with Simms (credit to another poster who informed me that Simms signed a new deal with Tampa earlier)

Signing a new deal in the NFL is like saying, "the check is in the mail." That doesn't mean anything and he gets to many balls batted down at the LOS. I say they go after a QB in the draft.

And Tampa may not need a WR, they may go out in FA and get one if they need one that badly, but seriouslythis isn't about CJ, its about if the trade were offered would it be enough for tampa, and what would the skins afterwards.

When everything you post is about CJ, I'm betting its about CJ.

I'll explain.

Why on earth would anyone want Brunell? Have you seen ins contract? No one in there right mind would trade for that. So, no, that idea is stupid. and why would we even want to trade up 2 spots?

Oh right, so we could get you your CJ. Gimme a freakin' break man.:doh:

When everything you post is about CJ, I'm betting its about CJ.

I'll explain.

Why on earth would anyone want Brunell? Have you seen ins contract? No one in there right mind would trade for that. So, no, that idea is stupid. and why would we even want to trade up 2 spots?

Oh right, so we could get you your CJ. Gimme a freakin' break man.:doh:

The only reason I thought about brunnel, was because of how he played last year. He may not be able to go up the field, but noone can argue he manages the game well and throws few pics. But I am thinking that he may not be worth enough to trade up so maybe we have to throw in some other player (unless its lloyd, it aint happening, so I think i've gotten this idea resolved in my head as a bad one)

(also I am assuming that Mark renegotiates his contract takes a cut making him more tradeable)

Don't get me wrong I do like CJ, and I would now advocate trading up to get him, but it has to depend on the trade. Personally I'm comfortable sitting tight at 6, and if hes not there sighing and taking D or trading down at that point. If he is there I'd take him no problem though

And who is that directed at?

The creator of this thread, whereas Pittman usually makes absurd threads for fun involving the Pewter Pirates. I figured this had to be a joke.

I mean c'mon, Brunell will be 37 years old in September, has a huge heart, is super-smart, but carries a limp noodle for an arm.

To trade the 4th overall pick for the 6th overall, in terms of value, would equate to a mid-3rd round pick as the difference.

Who on God's green earth is going to give you a 3rd round pick for Scott?

Only one man- Vinny Cerrato. And he did it when Brunell was 3 years younger, in 2004. :doh:

The only reason I thought about brunnel, was because of how he played last year. He may not be able to go up the field, but noone can argue he manages the game well and throws few pics. But I am thinking that he may not be worth enough to trade up so maybe we have to throw in some other player (unless its lloyd, it aint happening, so I think i've gotten this idea resolved in my head as a bad one)

(also I am assuming that Mark renegotiates his contract takes a cut making him more tradeable)

Don't get me wrong I do like CJ, and I would now advocate trading up to get him, but it has to depend on the trade. Personally I'm comfortable sitting tight at 6, and if hes not there sighing and taking D or trading down at that point. If he is there I'd take him no problem though

Again,why would we do this? Mark has a huge contract and no way the Bucs take it on. I doubt Mark will take a pay cut so he can go get traded and backup another young QB either. Yeah, I know you want to have CJ's childern (like a few others) but at least try to stick with stuff like "if/when he falls to us at #6" stuff. At least it's abit more plausable. We dont have any picks as it is due to retarded moves like this would be. And if we had a 2nd and 3rd and 4th round pick THIS year getting CJ at #6 would be even less of a bad thing. But we dont, and CJ will most likely not be there at 6. And to trade up for a guy that is not a pressing need on you team is boderline insane. And the bucs dont swap for a 36 year old QB that has been injury prone as of late and has a HUGE contract.

Archived