Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What if: Brunnel to Tampa pick swap

Veretax

Even the mentally challenged at St. Elizabeth hospital here thinks even the idea is retarded.

Teams don't value our garbage like that. They have the sense to wait til we cut players or their contracts end.

They don't do Madden 2008 on crack in real life which is what they would to be on to even consider such a move

Originally Posted by Veretax

All right time for me to disagree check out this roster of Wideouts.

Joey Galloway Age: 35 Height: 5-11 Weight: 197 Experience: 12 Ohio State

I like Joey. I'd like him more if he wasnt my age.

Ike Hilliard Age: 30 Height: 5-11 Weight: 210 Experience: 10 Florida

Sucks

David Boston Age: 28 Height: 6-2 Weight: 228 Experience: 8 Ohio State

Out of football steroid abuser

Mark Jones Age: 26 Height: 5-9 Weight: 185 Experience: 3 Tennessee

Im a HUGE UT fan, but Mark isnt a good NFL WR. Heck he wasnt that good at UT

Chas Gessner Age: 25 Height: 6-4 Weight: 215 Experience: 1 Brown

Um, yeah. guy will be lucky to make the practice squad

Chad Lucas Age: 25 Height: 6-1 Weight: 201 Experience: 1 Alabama State

Ditto

Michael Clayton Age: 24 Height: 6-3 Weight: 215 Experience: 3 LSU

Might be a good player, if he could actually get on the field.

Paris Warren Age: 24 Height: 6-0 Weight: 213 Experience: 2 Utah

Camp fodder

Chad Owens Age: 24 Height: 5-7 Weight: 188 Experience: 1 Hawaii

Serious camp fodder

Efrem Hill Age: 23 Height: 6-2 Weight: 185 Experience: 1 Samford

enjoy training camp, it's the last you'll see of the NFL

Maurice Stovall Age: 22 Height: 6-4 Weight: 229 Experience: R Notre Dame

Cool, one guy that might be a #3/#4 WR on most teams

They have 2 WR over 30 this is true, one is 28 the rest are under 26 with good youth and some modest experience. That is not including their Tight Ends that can catch see: Anthony Becht (didn't realize TB had him)

Yes, but none are any good except for Clayton. Unfortunately he gets hurt when the wind blows. Joey is the only guy there is can actually play,a nd he wont last much longer.

THey got some talent already in their corp, but when your best QB goes down most teams would be hurting somewhat. TB may not be in as dire need for A WR as you can think. And if they are lacking it might be an Experienced guy to add to their youth.

Well, actually they have zip. The have one guy that can play on Sunday and he is 35. One guy that might be decent if he wasnt made of crystal and after than they have nothing. Basically think of us a couple of years ago with Coles, add for your #2 guy Charles Rogers and then your #3 is say..........Taylor Jacobs. But he's your #2 because Rogers is broken on every play. Im guessing if we had that WR Corps we'd be clammoring for a WR.

Basically, you dont have a pot to piss in.

and yes 2007 Mark Brunnel >>> Chris Simms

I see to much "ryan leaf" in chris simms

YOU must be Mark Brunell himself?? Glad to meet you Mark. Hey, just as an FYI nobody would trade for you much less even consider signing you as a backup. Enjoy retirement once Gibbs lets you go.

And, of those, Galloway is 35, Clayton has been a bust, Hilliard is mediocre and Boston they just picked up off the scrap heap. Stovall has a chance to develop into an OK #3 or 4 WR. To anypne sane, this adds up to WR being a position of big need for them.

The consensus last trining camp was that Simms was ready for a huge breakout year. Then came the fluke injury. They obviously believe in him because they just gave him an extension. And Gradkowski at least showed some promise as a rookie. QB doesn't look at all like a position of need.

Above all else, tho, Brunell has ZERO trade value. This idea is pure lunacy, at best.

yeah, his breakout year was 1 td to 7 pick

Nobody was going to give up anything for Brunell 3 years ago (except one team whom I love dearly but does stupid things from time to time) you really think that now, 3 years later, somebody else would give us anything for Brunell?

I disagree with the premise that Tampa even needs a QB. I'd rather go into the season with Simms and Gradowski fighting it out for #1 than Brunell, but let's say for the sake of arguement that Tampa does feel that QB is a position of need.

Here's an analogy, the Skins have a need at middle linebacker and let's say that the team picking 8th or 9th is offering us Junior Seau (yes, I know he's on the Patriots but I'm just using an old former good player at a position of need as an example) as incentive for us to drop from 6 to 8 or 9 would you do it?

Didn't think so.

No one in hell would Tampa ever make that trade. I'm sure Gruden was impressed by Mark's explosive 41 yard game in Tampa in the playoffs.

Plus, even if we could find some sucker to take Mark off our hands, the cap hit we would take would probably kill the deal.

I love how most people assume that we would take a huge cap hit if we traded someone.

If traded or outright cut it would be

2007 Total Cap Hit = 6.715 mil

Outstanding Bonus Money Due = 4.629 mil

Total Cap Savings on 2007 = 2.086 mil SAVINGS

About a mil less if he takes a pay cut down to 2.5 mil as I expect.

Here's a thought I had. Maybe I'm wrong about Tampa, and they do badly need a QB, but because Gruden has to win now, doesn't want to draft Quinn and risk it being a bust. Gradowski takes too many sacks, so who can you find with NFl experience that throws few INTs and a Avoids sacks.

Why not trade Mark brunnel to Tampa to swap picks?

What do you think of that move?

What do you think we do after such a trade happens?

Do we pick the BPA, draft for our D Line needs the studd we really want, Take Calvin Johnson, or is it a move to try to trade down for a lower 1st rd pick and a second third etc?

What do you guys think?

Actually I was thinking the same exact thing. I was also thinking how about bringing Darrell Green and Ray Brown back and trading them with Brunell in a 4 player swap in which we get Rhonde Barber. I love that idea. You are a frikken genius.:doh:

Archived