Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looking at different options at MLB - news

Skinsinparadise

From Pro-Football weekly's whispers section -- who knows if its true but interesting:

All indications are that the Redskins are looking at a different option at middle linebacker next season. Lemar Marshall clearly struggled against blockers and might move to the weak side, where he likely would battle with Rocky Mcintosh for a starting spot in '07.

This crop of FA MLB's is really weak, EJ Henderson could have been ours if he hadnt been resigned. Looks more and more like Fletcher will be our man in the middle next year...another guy we could possibly look at is Danny Clark, a little bit younger than Fletcher and had a great season in 05-06 with the Raiders but dissappointed last season in NO.

I wouldn't mind getting adalius thomas, he can play MLB and both OLB positions if need be

Can't utilize his talents as well at MLB though, I'd rather move Rocky to the middle if in some dream scenario we got Thomas. I remember Deion saying that Thomas was the best athlete he had ever played with. I know its Deion but that speaks volumes about Thomas' ability.

Does some how trading down and picking up Paul Pozlusny make sense to anyone? This guy is smart, and is a tackling machine. Two time LB of the year in college. We could also pick up a pass rusher or best available with the other pick.

No offense meant, but not to me. He is a decent LB but we really should build from the trenches back and this draft is pretty deep with D line. Ideally I'd like to pick up Anderson, but Branch would be fine too. At MLB I'd prefer the presence of someone with experience at the position. Once we have that we can think about getting a young MLB in the draft perhaps in 08 and groom him. I think Fletcher would be a good fit but to be honest so would Thomas. I know he is mostly an OLB right now but the guy has pretty much played every position on the defense and been great at all of them. I think he would be a very good MLB for us. Of course he is going to have quite a price tag. Fletcher is a pure MLB and would cost less...plus he knows GW's schemes and is a team leader. Downside is he is 31, but his production hasn't gone down at all over time and he has also never missed a single game. We'll see what they do. I think most people should realize that GW is most likely going to lobby pretty hard to get Clements and he will probably get him. I have no problem with this, as long as we upgrade other positions as well.

:2cents:

We all knew, even last year, that Marshall wasn't necessarily playing the position he should be playing. He filled the role well enough last year when everyone around him was playing better too, but this year he was simply non-existent. Our LBs had a lot of trouble as a whole though... I just think this would be a good move. We need another good LB, that way Williams can be comfortable doing all of the rotating he likes doing.

No matter how we look at it, our Defensive line is still the most important part. No matter who we bring in at the LB position, they'll stink it up with the type of play we had on our line this year.

Marshall is 31 also, so the age thing shouldn't be such a big deal around here with Fletcher. - This scenario makes the most sense to me too. Get Fletcher and Clements in FA and draft a d-linemen.

PERFECT but if we cant get Fletcher I also like Willis from Ole Miss he's a solid MLB

Archived