Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looking at different options at MLB - news

Skinsinparadise

what about trading our first this year and a first or second next year for the jets first and Vilma.great young MLB,still have a shot at one of the top corners or D-linemen in the draft.and yeah,yeah i know,you can't morgage our future by givin up our future draft picks,but Imo it'll be worth it.we can add a DT in FA,we get a young top MLB,depth in the secondary and the line.

Yeah, but how many bogus "media" reports are there every offseason about "Redskins interested in X player", or "Redskins want to upgrade X position?" It seems they like to throw crap out there, hoping that something will stick, so they can get credit for reporting it first and having great "sources."

You said "IF" the media reports are true....... which is a BIG if.

I'm not saying it won't happen. I'm saying that just because some media shmuck says "Redskins interested blah blah blah," doesn't necessarily mean that he's doing anything more than speculating and throwing a pretty bow on it.

Sure I went out of my way to use the word "If" for that reason. Its possible its made up but it seems at least likely that its true becuase I would assume when they say "all indications" they have some source. But you never know. Having said that I don't dismiss it outright as being wrong.

But who? And at what cost?

Most of us agree that we could use an upgrade, but it's really not feasible this year.

That is the million dollar question. I say keep him in the middle one more year, save free agent money on Clements, ignore Briggs, ignore Fletcher and use the 2008 1st rounder on a stud MLB.

what about trading our first this year and a first or second next year for the jets first and Vilma.great young MLB,still have a shot at one of the top corners or D-linemen in the draft.and yeah,yeah i know,you can't morgage our future by givin up our future draft picks,but Imo it'll be worth it.we can add a DT in FA,we get a young top MLB,depth in the secondary and the line.

Are the Jets trying to get rid of Vilma? Hadn't heard that one. I know they switched to a 3-4 and he is better in the 4-3.

That is the million dollar question. I say keep him in the middle one more year, save free agent money on Clements, ignore Briggs, ignore Fletcher and use the 2008 1st rounder on a stud MLB.

I'd rather go the route of getting a MLB, get a CB like Harper, and then savee the 2008 1st rounder on a SS or a FS ( depending on what position you want ST to play). But I think we just really need to focus on corner depht and Dline. If our offense does take it to the next level, we really just need to stop the other team from running all over us.

Our defensive line is top priority at the moment. If we can get a solid DE either through FA or the draft, and a solid run stopping DT either through FA or the draft, Marshall's going to look ALOT better.

Even after the defensive line, our secondary is a higher priority then our linebackers.

Are the Jets trying to get rid of Vilma? Hadn't heard that one. I know they switched to a 3-4 and he is better in the 4-3.

somebody on here mentioned it a couple of days ago and now i can't stop thinkin about it.personally i don't think our secondary is in need of a lot of work but our D-line is our main if not only real priority this off season,but i do think we could use a stud in the middle like vilma.i love marshall as a back up at every LB possition,but we could use a real MLB.

somebody on here mentioned it a couple of days ago and now i can't stop thinkin about it.personally i don't think our secondary is in need of a lot of work but our D-line is our main if not only real priority this off season,but i do think we could use a stud in the middle like vilma.i love marshall as a back up at every LB possition,but we could use a real MLB.

Would take Vilma in a second as our MLB, but it would have to be a deal where we get Vilma and the Jets and us swap 1st round picks.

Would take Vilma in a second as our MLB, but it would have to be a deal where we get Vilma and the Jets and us swap 1st round picks.

I take back this statement. He is only listed at 230lbs. This is way to small to be a MLB.

I'd rather go the route of getting a MLB, get a CB like Harper, and then savee the 2008 1st rounder on a SS or a FS ( depending on what position you want ST to play). But I think we just really need to focus on corner depht and Dline. If our offense does take it to the next level, we really just need to stop the other team from running all over us.

Totally agree. Have to work from the D-line out. Sign Clements, let Marshall play MLB and then next year we'll have at least 6 of our picks (no 4th) to get another safety, MLB and more OL/DL depth.

I take back this statement. He is only listed at 230lbs. This is way to small to be a MLB.

Vilma is a WSLB in the 4-3 if I'm not mistaken, but the guy is a tackling machine. I don't think there is any way we can get him though. It would take more than just switching #1's as another poster said.

I'm hearing that - though it IS hard to look past Clements.

What can I say - I'm a recovering Redskins FA splash junkie.

Totally agree. Have to work from the D-line out. Sign Clements, let Marshall play MLB and then next year we'll have at least 6 of our picks (no 4th) to get another safety, MLB and more OL/DL depth.

:notworthy The draft. What a concept.

Vilma is a WSLB in the 4-3 if I'm not mistaken, but the guy is a tackling machine. I don't think there is any way we can get him though. It would take more than just switching #1's as another poster said.

i thought he played middle his rookie year and at miami.i know he called plays as a rook.and i don't care what he weighs in at,the guy can ball!

Napolean Harris - 27 year old, 255lb true MLB. - Sign him, Nick Harper, possibely a mid-tier D-linemen, draft a D-linemen.

Then allow AA to go back to playing a 46 style SS, with Springs coming in as the cover 2 safety/nickel DB on passing downs.

I was all for the Nate Clemants thing, but not now hearing how he wants to be the highest paid.

Just seems like typical FA posturing.

could be, but by going this route, we could spread our FA money this year over a solid MLB that will be here for several years, and a decent CB. Then draft a DT or DE.

Doing things like this, we could also maybe use a high pick next year on a CB.

I know right...and I think I made that clear earlier in this thread...you got to have the body or the opponents OG's and center--mainly will be throwing your "Mike" LB into a spin cycle (the wash) every time. Remember the "Goose" Saragossa (spelling?) but ya'll remember him. He played up in Baltimore. He was what made Ray Lewis able to go sideline-to-sideline. So until we get that then it doesn't matter. Our run defense will suffer and there will be a domino effect. Looks like that’s what happened to Baltimore against Ind. Indy was just too well balanced. And while I’m speaking of coaches, Indianapolis and Chicago has great assistant coaches.

Oh I'm not taking nothing away from Dungy and Lovey they can Coach, now! But their assistant coaches' adjustments and schemes based off of what they see is the decisive point. Only thing about great DL they don't come around that often and when they do their vvvvvery expensive. But great post and the reason why the Bears were in the game was because of their defense. Who on the Chicago Bears offence matches up with a Portis, or an El, or a Moss, or a Cooley, or Lloyd, even or hell go down the line and let’s say a Betts or Cartwright. Benson doesn’t run like Cartwright, and Berrian or Muhamad can't even come close to our WRs. What's the problem? Hell I'm not in the club house, but I don't think we're smart enough to win a Super Bowl-especially starting in the front office.

Oh nothing against our OL but we also are know where good enough at the LOS from the offensive side either. What's the problem there? Oh and now that's an easy one: First off, we just don't have an identity on the OL. Chicago and Indy do, Brown for Chicago and Saturday for a start for Indy....and that's all you need is one road grater, but the biggest thing are the penalties on the OL; we make way too many, most importantly at crucial times. We are not a Red zone offense because of it too.

Jansen and Samuels get called for more penalties then you can shake a stick at and neither one of them are road graters. Oh I'm glad Jansen stayed on but he has much improvement against those speed DEs, because he's not getting it done not at a Super Bowl level. Know he isn't getting it done! So there's a myriad of issues we must contend with and we're not smart enough. Oh we have problems on offense and defense and all over the place. So DL is a good place to start. Bet there weren't a lot of politics on Indy or Chicago's team either you're getting it done or you aren't. Hell assistant coaches don't even talk to Dungy or Lovey on the sideline.....You can tell there very well coached. Look at Chicago on paper and they don't have a lot of high powered players on their offense....just look at them. So all we could get was 5-11...barely got that come on now. I know "He Hate Me."

i thought he played middle his rookie year and at miami.i know he called plays as a rook.and i don't care what he weighs in at,the guy can ball!

You're right, I just looked at the NYJ depth chart. He is a MLB. Yeah, dude is a baller, but like I said, I don't see why the Jets would want to get rid of him and it would take more than just a swap of #1's. They'd never send the #16 pick and Vilma for the #6.

Archived