Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Car Thread

shk75

I currently drive an 01 VW GTi. It's a good car, handles nice the way it's set up. I plan to start another Rabbit project sometime soon, though.

As far as what I'd like to drive? I'd LOVE an old E30 BMW M3. Straight up race cars for the road. 200 hp out of a 2.0 liter 4 cylinder with no forced induction. Such a badass car.

e30_09.jpg

I drive a white '03 Chevy Impala. But, this spring I plan on buying a Jeep Wrangler to be my "toy". Basically, I want to take the top off and leave it in the garage. On nice days, I'll drive the Jeep . . . and on rainy days, I'll drive the Impala.

I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFXsjofFKD4

...and this is how I roll:

7549-2006-Ford-Mustang.jpg

Why don't Nissan sell their Skyline GT-R's here?

Well, they don't make 'em anymore (stopped in 2002)... but I never really understood why Nissan didn't even bother trying to market them out here. Granted, they do have the Nissan GT-R under works. That should come out sometime in the next couple of years (as soon as 2008) and is modeled significantly closer to the 350Z than anything else.

And yeah... it will be sold in the US.

1/8th mile? Who does that?

People who don't live within 2 hours of a 1/4th mile do that...

Haha I was thinking the same thing... 9.47 second 1/4 mile would be something to brag about. 9.47 second 1/8th of a mile... not so much. :doh:

I said it was STOCK... That means NO MODIFICATIONS!!!! That is fast for a 4 Cylinder, also .5 sec faster than another stock Redline that I came with. Look I'm sorry that I am proud of my car, my car isn't just another run of the mill, less than 1000 were made my model year in my color and I have been told that it is the fastest stock Redline that they have ever seen...

BTW I feel that 9.47 is something to brag about, whether or not you think it is, well I could care less...

P.S. where are the pictures of you guys' cars? Takes a tough person to come and talk smack to someone when they haven't even participated in the point of the thread.

• 1 year later...

IMG_0079.jpg

not a great picture, but this is what i got. its what i saved up for for awhile so i cant say i really want anything else right now. ill probably just mod it into an 11 second car, and then move on to another project. :D

Done before but this is my ride.

vett_sml.jpg

vett_show-3_sml.jpg

It's crazy and I'm still not quite use to it, but it's not at all uncommon for people to take pictures or video of my car. Almost every single day I get some kind of compliment or reaction. While I'm driving, in parking lots, tourists, locals... it's crazy how much attention it gets. Last week I was pumping gas and this dude just walks up and without saying a word just walks around the car looking it over. I said hello and he just nodded, looked at the car some more and walked away. Kind of creepy. :laugh: But the fun part is watching little kids faces light up as they point and tug on their parents arm. Every time it happens it takes me back to being a little kid again and pointing at some cool car myself. I'm actually surprised but even some women seem to really dig it. Almost half the comments I get are from women. I think most of it comes from being different. You just don't see many C3s these days so I can park my poor man's vette next to a $70,000 08 Z06 and people want to check out the old car they dont see very often vs the new vette that they see 10 times a day. All of it is a little unnerving though for a guy who just bought the car because he's loved corvettes and old hot rods since he was a kid. Though I admit, I did get a kick out of snapping my head around to watch a yellow lambo go by in the other direction one day and seeing the driver do the same to me. :laugh:

As for the ride I want....

This year the real fun starts. A friend just found me a 350 block and we are going to re-build it and drop it in. I'm thinking around the 350-400 hp range with aluminum heads and a mild cam. The current L-81 has been stripped of the emissions baggage and sports a larger carb and HP ignition but it's worn out and still a weak at around 250-280 hp for my taste. Of course I'm also rebuilding the suspension and drive train.

The plan is to make it it a custom street rod but not anything too flashy. I want to cut a little functional air intake in the hood like the new Z06 - nothing too noticeable. In the Chip Foose tradition, I want to keep it looking like it came that way stock and make people wonder just exactly what is original and what is custom. And I'm researching the idea of a custom digital dash. I'm thinking about a hi-res multi function display and a tasteful, modern, mildly custom interior. Dynomat when I re-do the carpet, kick ass stereo system, hunt down squeaks and rattles and then a fresh coat of the newer Millenium Yellow used on C5s. Maybe by then I will know what I want to do with the wheels and tires. :D

Archived