Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Car Thread

shk75

Just bought a new Chevy HHR today. I'll be taking delivery of it on Tuesday evening.

My roommates will take my Jeep Grand Cherokee off my hands and they'll get rid of their ****box 1994 Chevy Trailblazer with the rust holes and completely failing electrical system.

Just walked in the door from a stressful, emotional day and night and I just want to say that today a nice long 70 mph run with the tops down and the wind in my hair saved my sanity. Pulling into my driveway a moment ago, i had to pause and run my hand over her fender flair... I love my car.

goodnight all. :cheers:

I just went from this turd of a car:

1995 Plymouth Neon

2.0L, 5 speed manual

Approx. 140 hp after all of my stupid mods.

199820DODGE20NEON20GREEN20SDN205-13-05.jpg

to...

This beast of a car:

2008 Honda Civic Si Coupe

2.0L 6 speed manual

197 hp stock

Touch screen navigation

2008_Honda_Civic_Si_coupe_rear.jpg

interior-header.jpg

UPGRADE!!!:silly: :silly: :cheers: :cheers:

you realize we are mortal enemys right? :silly:

this srt4 vs speed3 thing is starting to get big!

I test drove an SRT-4 about two years ago. Wanted to buy one but the timing wasn't right. They should've kept the SRT-4 as a Neon body style, I'm not a big fan of the Caliber SRT-4.

Either way, I'd take the Mazdaspeed 3 in a race any day.

whoa whoa WHOA. Race? :D

Let me rephrase, I'd take the Mazdaspeed 3 over the SRT-4 in my choice to win that race. Quarter mile for example.

SRT-4: 14.2

Mazdaspeed 3: 14.0

My Honda Civic Si doesn't even come close at 14.9. Although I'm sure the lack of turbo makes all the difference in that one.

^^^

All above numbers are from stock models.

I was just messing with you dude. :) I actually wanted a SI at first but then I drove the Speed3 and never looked back.

I wanted a Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 originally... Then I realized I could get a fully loaded Si for less than I could get a base Altima. That sealed the deal for me. I couldn't be happier I made that deciscion, the Si is so much fun to drive. Six speed manual freaking rules!:silly:

I wanted a Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 originally... Then I realized I could get a fully loaded Si for less than I could get a base Altima. That sealed the deal for me. I couldn't be happier I made that deciscion, the Si is so much fun to drive. Six speed manual freaking rules!:silly:

the coupe pwns the si in hp though

Let me rephrase, I'd take the Mazdaspeed 3 over the SRT-4 in my choice to win that race. Quarter mile for example.

SRT-4: 14.2

Mazdaspeed 3: 14.0

My Honda Civic Si doesn't even come close at 14.9. Although I'm sure the lack of turbo makes all the difference in that one.

^^^

All above numbers are from stock models.

who cares about what it does stock?!?! :silly:

but seriously in a race the winner could go either way. its really down to the driver. .2 of a second isnt a big enough difference to really say one will own the other.

I test drove an SRT-4 about two years ago. Wanted to buy one but the timing wasn't right. They should've kept the SRT-4 as a Neon body style, I'm not a big fan of the Caliber SRT-4.

Either way, I'd take the Mazdaspeed 3 in a race any day.

the neon srt had its time. it was loud, aggressive, and dont get me wrong it was fast. the caliber is much more refined and thats why i went with it. remember this is still the first production year of the new srt4. people are writing it off way too early, and i know down the road its going to surprise some people. imo its a worthy sequel to the 2003 - 2005 srt4.

Archived