Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We pick #6 (I think it's official)

Dirk Diggler

Also' date=' for all the people not willing to pass up on Alan Branch, DTs are one of the most bust-ridden positions in the draft. John Henderson wasn't even the first DT taken in his draft. A bust by the name of Ryan Sims was the first DT taken that year. Same goes for Gerard Warren, DeWayne Robertson, and Travis Johnson for their respective draft classes.

I'd sooner our front office do some serious scouting this offseason and find some quality lineman in the later rounds. This requires trading down, and yes, it may be a difficult task, but there are always teams looking to move up. We've seen it in every recent draft.

The problem with the current Redskins organization is that we're too reliant on the superstar player. When Shawn Springs gets hurt, we can't stop the pass. When Marcus Washington gets hurt, we can't stop the run. When Cornelius Griffin gets hurt, we can't stop the run or pass. It's time to forget about that one "special" talent, and go after a group of "good to great" talents. We're building a team and not one particular unit on defense or offense. In 2004, our defense was special because we had so many "good" players surrounding our supposed superstars.[/quote']

Totally agree. We need depth and competition not just good starters with scrubs backing them up. This is the difference between us and the Patriots and Eagles. We have better starters than both of those teams overall.

Unless the NFL have some other weird rules, the redskins get the 5th pick by reason of a harder schedule. The cardinal's opponents' combined record is 128-128 and the redskins' opponents' combined record is 131-125. The redskins had the harder schedule so they get the 5th pick.

If the Redskins played a harder schedule and finished with the same record, wouldn't that make Arizona worse than us? Which means they'd pick before us? Seems fair too, as unfortunate as it is may be. Besides, ESPN just showed who is picking in the top 5 on SportsCenter and Arizona was sitting there.

Interestingly, Tampa and Cleveland will flip a coin to see who picks #3 and #4.

Mock draft, but this is how this one has them:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nflmockdraft.html

No way Calvin Johnson goes at 7, not happening. He is easily a top 5 pick. Easily. Possibly top 3 with the talent he has. And no way Quentin Moses is up at 6 unless he shines like nothing else at the combine; he has not had a very impressive year. I also think Adrian Peterson will definitely go higher than 8. Willis at #9? That is pretty impressive since most mock drafts I have seen have him mid to late 1st.

That philosophy sounds nice and might work for free agency, but not for the draft. You definitely don't avoid someone on the basis of star potential... you take whoever you figure is the better player.

It worked for San Diego... They got Rivers and Merriman out of it, too. Also, sometimes there's reason to pass on the "superstar" in the making. Randy Moss comes to mind. When I think of the most consistently competitive teams, I think of the Patriots, Colts, Eagles, and Chargers. Three out of those four teams gave up picks to gain extra picks. I'm sure they weren't looking for superstars with those extra picks, but they definately got value in exchange for it (and even a couple of "superstars"). I think it's more about who fits as opposed to whom you want fit around.

Lol, I loved the Bush references. The video seemed a little choppy and well, to say the least, crappy. The guy seems pretty good though.

However, he plays on the Michigan line. The same line that Alan Branch plays on, the guy that we should get. I think his numbers may be a little higher because he plays with a beast like Branch.

screw that, i say trade back more that i think of it...because that will be our ONLY pick unless we dont have the $$ to afford a 2nd/3rd rounder....

but then again GAINES ADAMS or ALAN BRANCH would be a great addition

ill let u know how i really feel come april!

i should be the official EXTREMESKINS.com scout!

Am i the only person that thinks we need a MLB? A DT is nice, but we have abour 5.

we need one, but I think it would be better to get a vet mlb through FA to be the field captian for the front 7 which is also what the mlb usually is, and draft a young de to replace an aging daniels

It's hard to get all that excited about picking earlier or whereever in the first round considering we hardly have any other picks in the later rounds. I can't get excited. One player will not solidify this defense. Alan Branch is good, and EVERYONE who is all over him, please watch the game today and we will see what he is made of and, does he even want to enter the draft? I just think trading down for a later 1st and high 2nd is something we should do. But, I will be excited for whoever we draft, because we need new young players no matter how much we lack any draft picks.

Archived