Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We pick #6 (I think it's official)

Dirk Diggler

By my count, our opponents have won 131 games. Arizona's opponents have won 121 games. They will pick #5.

Regardless, I think we still have a shot at the best defensive player available - whoever that may be. There are some banner offensive players in the pool and the teams ahead of us seem to have greater needs on that side of the ball. Let's hope players like Adrian Peterson, Cal Johnson, and JaMarcus Russell come out. :)

technically 95% chance we get 6th seed but close enough.. lets go get alan branch or trade down

Exactly!I say we go after Branch at the 6th spot(NO TRADING UP FOR HIM)If we miss and he gets grabbed in the top 5 then we look to trade down and gather more draft picks and go after Pit****...DT

Then use the 2nd or 3rd rounder we get from trading down and grab the BPA and hope it's a MLB,CB or possibly another D-lineman...

So we either get a Monster stud in Branch or we get a very good Pit**** and diamond in the rough 2nd or 3rd round player....

That's what I would do...

Until we address the D-line we will be pathetic for a very long,long time!!

We were good back in the day because we had Butz,Manley,Mann..

kevin11, there is no guy at #5 that would be worth the pick.. unless we get 1 thru a trade down scenario it aint happening.. maybe Lemar had a offyear, but defintely need a backup efficient or enough to push him for the starting job

So Branch is on tomorrow? I will scout him for myself. We do need a fat DT that needs to be doubleteamed? is that what branch does?

Will Gaines Adams or Alan Branch still be there at the #6 pick?

That's the question people need to be asking...!

Not...We need calvin Johnson...we need a MLB....We need a CB....blablabla...

We have not drafted a D-lineman in a very long time....Well.....Good that is!Blue chipper...

I promise you people....If we draft Branch..you will not be disappointed!

My god people.....He's 6'6" 330 pounds!

He could be our Dave Butz!We haven't had a Butz in a really long time!!

So Branch is on tomorrow? I will scout him for myself. We do need a fat DT that needs to be doubleteamed? is that what branch does?

6'4 330 LBs i would say so

The interior of the Redskins defensive line is in such shambles that they've been forced to start Kedric Golston, a rookie 6th round pick, alongside Cornelius Griffin. Needless to say an infusion of talent in the middle sure wouldn't hurt and to land the top defensive tackle on the board here would be a coup. A massive presence at 6-6 and 331 lbs., Alan Branch is a great all-around player who will remind you of John Henderson and he could be the impact defensive lineman the Redskins have been searching for. Only a junior, Branch has emerged as one of the best prospects in the college game this year and will go very high should he decide to go pro early.

We do not need a DT. We need a pass rushing end that gets 10 sacks a year.

2. A shut down number 1 corner that will allow Greg Williams to blitz.

3. A stud middle linebacker that is a freak of nature and can shed his blocks like a Urlacker

4. A stud offensive guard to replace Dockey

5. A tall WR to replace MR i can not get open Lloyd

We do not need a DT. We need a pass rushing end that gets 10 sacks a year.

2. A shut down number 1 corner that will allow Greg Williams to blitz.

3. A stud middle linebacker that is a freak of nature and can shed his blocks like a Urlacker

4. A stud offensive guard to replace Dockey

5. A tall WR to replace MR i can not get open Lloyd

We already have a good DE named Carter. You don't draft corners and throw them into the wolves. Corner need to get better over time. Urlacher is good when he has a big fat DT in front of him. Same for ray lewis. They need fat guys to make sure a LB doesn't get blocked by a center or guard.

DOckery is fine.

alan branch would need no training and would start immediately.. griffin is getting old and we can ill afford losing him for more games.. golston is alright but i dont see him ever command double teams.. branch is a stud and would command double teams like bryant young did for andre carter in sf that enabled him to get high sack totals.

We already have a good DE named Carter. You don't draft corners and throw them into the wolves. Corner need to get better over time. Urlacher is good when he has a big fat DT in front of him. Same for ray lewis. They need fat guys to make sure a LB doesn't get blocked by a center or guard.

DOckery is fine.

I would not be oppose to drafting a beast DT. But if he is a beast.

Archived