Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We pick #6 (I think it's official)

Dirk Diggler

hmm, Branch, plz declare for draft. Anyway, if we do get 6th pick, who else is looking at a DL? Raiders need a QB, same for Detriot. The bucs need a WR and maybe some depth at LB. The browns don't need a line, but they need alot. The cards need o-line

I hope that Branch comes to the skins because we need him to at least declare for draft. When will we find out?

But Oakland and Detroit need QBs, Tampa needs DL help also (replace an aging Simeon Rice and Booger McFarland), Cleveland needs anything and everything, Arizona needs OL and DL help.

:(

Booger McFarland has been playing for the Colts.

I don't know what options would be available at #6 but building from our defensive line should be our priority. A good D-line makes LBs and CBs look good, nuff said.

I'm really torn on the Calvin Johnson thing. We are in dire need of fresh impact talent on our D line, but Johson could be the best WR to come out of the draft in a long time. That being said, I seriously doubt he will be there at #6. I'm guessing at least top 5, if not top 3.
I am torn also. I like the thought of getting potentially the best player coming out of college. I love day dreaming about our 6'5 QB throwing passes to our 6'6 WR. But then reality sets in and I am quickly reminded of those glaring needs that we have on defense. :doh:

too many people sleep on golston. the dude is constantly making plays, plus hes extremely fast for his size. and this was his first year. if we had Golston/Branch as our DTs, imagine how great that would be? carter finally figured it out, so all we need on the line is another DE. we have enough competant backups that will work, plus we could probably trade griffin and daniels for draft picks, or hell just griffin and keep daniels as a backup. hes big but hes too slow.

Edit: About a minute behind ^^^^ that dude up there :(

I have a question.

Didn't Golston show enough this season that he has the potential to be a good DT in the NFL? He just seemed to be an aggressive guy that was around the ball alot.

Not to mention Montgomery might be a worthy backup to Griff and Golston. Don't get me wrong. I'm a STRONG believer in "the game is won in the trenches" thing.

In all honesty...the Redskins could never have "too many" DTs or defensive lineman...

We all know Griffin is good for being out of 2-3 games ever year (due to injury)...and its not like Mr. Wynn and Mr. Daniels are getting any younger...

Let's see who declares for the draft...before we make any "we should do this" or "we should draft this guy" exclamations...

itll really depend on the coin flip now for the 3 spot. whoever drafts at 3 will go calvin johnson or joe thomas. whichever is available. if the browns draft at 4 they will probably draft Alan Branch. if the bucs go at 4 they will probably draft Gaines Adams, Branch, or Leon Hall.

Hopefully the browns get the 4 spot so that branch is gone and none of you guys then object to us trading down to pick up other draft picks and select Patrick Willis, Darelle Revis, or Marcus McCauley

itll really depend on the coin flip now for the 3 spot. whoever drafts at 3 will go calvin johnson or joe thomas. whichever is available. if the browns draft at 4 they will probably draft Alan Branch. if the bucs go at 4 they will probably draft Gaines Adams, Branch, or Leon Hall.

Hopefully the browns get the 4 spot so that branch is gone and none of you guys then object to us trading down to pick up other draft picks and select Patrick Willis, Darelle Revis, or Marcus McCauley

I'm among the few that want a secondary draft... LaRon Landry... pretty please with a cherry on top?

The browns have some huge DT. They don't need that.

• 4 weeks later...

What we need to do is Trade the 6th pick and get three picks for it ( swapping the 1st rnd pick with whomever we deal with in addition to picking up a 2nd and maybe a 4th rnd) It sounds like a lot but there are teams willing to do it tat are desperate enough to jump up to that spot and take an impact implayer.... WE can still fill our needs with a Pass Rushing D.E. Run Stopping M.L.B. and a good cover corner who is decent in run support. This is very do-able..

I've rewatched that senior bowl rewinding it over and over on each play watching certain guys.. Omobi will be a stud but needs to get stronger.. He got stood up on run downs and did'nt seem to be overpowering when he got locked up.. He is very agile though and seems to have a good array of rips and really got pressure on the passing plays.. With him being only 19 years old he has a tremoundous future ahead of him.. He is gonna naturally get bigger and stronger and seems to have a higher cieling then the other DT's.. Branch is clearly more ready to play but Omobi has probowl physical talent..

The most impressive player was Patrick Willis he was everywhere sideline to sideline..

I still say you gotta trade down and get more picks the talent level is'nt that much different.. I'd shoot for the best d-lineman available, Willis or Landry those 2 are surefire studs..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived