Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adam Archuletta

Taylor 21

Why don't you put this blame where it belongs? On the Front Office and not on Archuleta and his agent. You can't blame him for lining his pockets if the Skins were willing to pay him a king's ransom. What stings here is the fact we won't get the bitter taste of this deal out of our mouths for some time to come. Archuleta likely calls Deion at this point to laugh about all the money they've gotten from Snyder.

Why don't you put this blame where it belongs? On the Front Office and not on Archuleta and his agent. You can't blame him for lining his pockets if the Skins were willing to pay him a king's ransom. What stings here is the fact we won't get the bitter taste of this deal out of our mouths for some time to come. Archuleta likely calls Deion at this point to laugh about all the money they've gotten from Snyder.

I believe he has a large roster bonus due in March 2007. IMHO, He will rework his deal or he will be gone.

If I were him and this team, I would work really hard to figure out an amicable seperation. He may have stunk, but this coaching staff wronged him. Made him the scapegoat. They need to wash their hands of each other. It's amazing it hasn't turned cancerous.

I believe he has a large roster bonus due in March 2007. IMHO, He will rework his deal or he will be gone.
The way his contract is structured, it benefits us greatly to keep him around for another year and then cut him. There is no way in hell he will restructure, IMHO. I think his struggles were a result of being new to the system and the lack of a pass rush. I think they will give him another year and hope that he can improve within the system. He will also be valuable on special teams and Gibbs values that more than any other coach.

But if we cut him, he has a nearly equal portion of his salary become guaranteed, so cutting him before his bonus is due saves us no cap money. No way is he going to rework his deal - do you think he cares at this point if he's gone?

If I were him and this team, I would work really hard to figure out an amicable seperation. He may have stunk, but this coaching staff wronged him. Made him the scapegoat. They need to wash their hands of each other. It's amazing it hasn't turned cancerous.

Amazingly though, I've heard him in recent interviews, and al least publicly, he seems to have a lot less of a problem with his situation than everyone here does.

I know the coaches have basically "lavared" Arch and the FO screwed up in assesing his talent. I'm neither defending him nor chastising him when I say this but, for all the Arch lovers who have said "give him a chance" or "he's a good player that the coaches have an ax to grind," tell me how many pro bowls or all pro teams Arch deluxe has made? I can't count on one hand. Please don't give credit where credit is NOT due. And in this case, it is NOT due. Arch was not that great with the Rams and he made fools out of our FO with his "workout warrior" tape. Enough said.

Does feel like every year. One guy is the scapegoat.

Then we're told that its just a thing where their package isn't being called. Talk about thinking the least of the fans.

Does feel like every year. One guy is the scapegoat.

Then we're told that its just a thing where their package isn't being called. Talk about thinking the least of the fans.

It does the team no good to publically bash players that we're most likely trying to let go after the season.

That is how a Champ Bailey and a 2nd rounder for Clinton Portis happens.

He will redo his contract or he will be gone.

Uh, no. The team has zero leverage over him. He got a $5 million bonus last year and is due a $5 million bonus this year as well. If he is cut or does not get his $5 million bonus then the next few years of his contract become guaranteed to a total of $5 million. Whatever the redskins due he his owed $5 million more which will count against the cap. If you cut him there is going to be almost $9 million that will count against the cap this and next year.

Archived