Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Membership Announcement. You Better Read.

TK

how about a minimum post count requirement for new threads?

that would greatly help cut back on the clutter of ignorant threads we've seen lately

I dont like this minimum post count, as you can see I have very few posts but I have been here for a long time and most of my post came from a couple of game threads for the geographically challenged.

First 8 page thread in the stadium that I've read from one end to the other in quite some time. There are many valid points; none more persuasive as this place needs a real good cleaning.

:animation-sweeping_jumbo.gif

If you guys are looking for part-time volunteers to help, please PM me; I'll do whatever I can to assist you guys.

Thanks for making this place so great!!!!

Thanks Sonny, you're one of the Gold Club, in my book. And that has nothing to do with time on the site and everything to do with what you bring to the table.

Heres a reply - go f*** yourself. And the mods too.

Get a fu*kin life and real job.

Ban me mother f-ers. You are uneducated losers and this board sucks because of you all.

Ill find another way on I assure you.

Kiss my a**

I have issue with people who call others uneducated, and yet can not have a discussion without saying ****.

And if the board sucks so much, why would you want to find another way on here?

I suppose you lack a life and a way of expressing yourself. Could that be it?

Blondie

You know what the problem is with recruiting? It's easy to put your hand up. It's quite another to follow through. etc.

Ok, you're right, it's easy to get that thrill of "I'm in" when asked but very different to follow through. That's not just here, it's everywhere. Call it human nature if you like, it goes on all the time.

So, if I may be so bold, what are the alternatives? The mods can do some slash-n-burn to clear the landscape some, I trust their discretion on such things, but is that it? Isn't part of the problem that "We trust you guys to fix it" attitude? The job is immense and dumping it all on the mods to repair while we sit and gripe about it doesn't seem like a reasonable response.

We all want to chip in at times only to find out afterwards that we can't and there's no good way of ducking it. It's going to happen, but does that mean the essence of the idea has no merit? I still have enough faith in people to think that some will help out, and some is better than none. That is precisely why I mentioned part-timers when available.

It all comes down to eatin' the elephant.

Ban me mother f-ers. You are uneducated losers and this board sucks because of you all.

Kiss my a**

uneducated? You make yourself sound uneducated when you go off on a rant like this. I guess if the hat fits, wear it.

asshatcopy.gif

One of the "things" that I always felt we should do is police ourselves. Take care of our own. But, in the past few months, I have seen others and I have tried to keep reminding members of the rules.

In many instances, members will say "You aren't a mod so STFU." or even some older members will make comments how if someone tries to help, they are trying to be all that.

I would love this place to be even better than it was 3 years ago.

I will do everything I can to make this a happy place.

Blondie

Am I the only one who'd be proud of the asshat avatar? It's unique...isn't it? :laugh: Nobody really takes my views that seriously anyway, despite most of you being polite. I realise my footballing knowledge isn't up to the standard of most people here...but hey, part of registering here was to learn more about the game and the Skins. I wasn't fortunate enough to be born a Skins fan you see...

But anyway...my post count will always be low. Mainly because I don't think I can contribute much, at the moment, to most of the threads started in the Stadium section. But I still read them. That's why most of my posts will be in the "Tailgate" section...hope I'm not doing anything wrong there?

By the way...people take themselves way too seriously in forums, I find. Laugh and the world laughs with you. :cheers: Though have to say this is the forum with the best mods I've ever been on...they give us chat sessions, funny avs and they don;t just show up to stamp down their authority and hardly any of them has a God-complex like in other forums. Good job mods. :cheers:

Yeah -- this is real great. Lets see...I want others to act civil and respectful to one another. Therefore, in order to bring this about, I will be uncivil and dispectful to others. How bout setting the example. You want civility, then the mods on the Board should set the example???

Funny as it is, I have kids and they are asking about this. So please set a good example and change this.

Kiss my a**

Oh well, I guess the kiddies are officially corrupted now. Though they'll now be saddled with the sad memory of seeing Daddy get banned.

Too bad, it was almost worth it putting up with you to get to see the Asshat avatar.

Kiss my a**

You have to wonder sometimes about people, ( okay, maybe not in this case). Good ol fight4olddc. The ability to not only give himself enough rope to hang himself, he ties the knot as well. And will make your point for you too. I'm sure he was just setting in example to the kids on the wrong way to handle a situation. :rolleyes:

You have to wonder sometimes about people, ( okay, maybe not in this case). Good ol fight4olddc. The ability to not only give himself enough rope to hang himself, he ties the knot as well. And will make your point for you too. I'm sure he was just setting in example to the kids on the wrong way to handle a situation. :rolleyes:

it's kind of a telling thing when the guy's been on the board for only four months and a couple hundred posts and everyone knows of him.

How about this.....it's a radical choice but I think maybe it is the best way.

In order to prevent a spread of cancer you need to remove THE ENTIRE TUMOR and some of the surrounding "good" tissue.

So here's my suggestion: Season ends in 3 weeks.

On the LAST sunday of the final game (Giants), 11:59PM EST.

ES should shut down and ALL MEMBERS purged.

That's right EVERYBODY.

For the next 3-4 months (hell wait until mini-camps or even training camp if need be) the site should be on down time.

During the down time- more Mods added, bring back the features that Tarhog suggested and that many fans here having asking to return since the merger, come up with a viable chat room system to accomadate the game-time problems.

Then slowly allow members to rejoin and everybody starts fresh.

Also, I hate to suggest this-- but can the ring of fame and/or avatar per post be eliminated? This seems to encourage useless threads and posts just to up counts.

I know nobody will probably think this is a good idea, but since we're brainstorming perse.........

Kiss my a**

Do you have anything in pissed-off poster? Anything at all?

he had a ban-wish

How about this.....it's a radical choice but I think maybe it is the best way.

In order to prevent a spread of cancer you need to remove THE ENTIRE TUMOR and some of the surrounding "good" tissue.

So here's my suggestion: Season ends in 3 weeks.

On the LAST sunday of the final game (Giants), 11:59PM EST.

ES should shut down and ALL MEMBERS purged.

That's right EVERYBODY.

For the next 3-4 months (hell wait until mini-camps or even training camp if need be) the site should be on down time.

During the down time- more Mods added, bring back the features that Tarhog suggested and that many fans here having asking to return since the merger, come up with a viable chat room system to accomadate the game-time problems.

Then slowly allow members to rejoin and everybody starts fresh.

Also, I hate to suggest this-- but can the ring of fame and/or avatar per post be eliminated? This seems to encourage useless threads and posts just to up counts.

I know nobody will probably think this is a good idea, but since we're brainstorming perse.........

Honestly, I love that idea. It would also make me a productive member of society again, when I think of all the time I have spent here the last 4 years :doh:

Archived