Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Membership Announcement. You Better Read.

TK

You know I love ya Rick, but if there are people that need banning, and you all can do the banning, then whats stopping you?

Why should folks - most of whom presumably don't deserve banning - have to read this kind of announcement? Do you think the disruptive idiots in question are going to say 'Gee - it never dawned on me I was being uncivil and reducing the quality of the board, I think I'll adjust myself!'? I don't see that as being very likely.

Worrying about and threatening a few instigators isn't going to get this place headed back in the right direction.

Just my opinion.

i understand what you were saying

i mean i was cool with the first 5 trade portis threads

then it got annoying people made new ones everyday

Yeah, not just Portis, but any subject with redundancy. It does get old, but like I said...the main reason they hang around is because people post "there are a million threads on this already you idiot" and send it right back up to the top of the list.

(of course those people will be banned soon apparently, so it may not be too much of a problem)

I'm still worried about poopy-face though.

Tarhog I appreciate you putting that post out there. Very interesting perspective.

You know what zoon....I'm tired, and the truth is, the part of my post that you were referring to won't make one bit of difference to those its directed to, and will just make a couple of dear friends feel bad. I don't think its worth it just to say 'you all should have listened to me'.

So I think I'll take the high road. As Mark Twain said 'never try and teach a pig to sing. It annoys the pig, and its a waste of your time'.

I'll keep an eye on what you fellas are doing, but I think I'll keep the posts to a minimum until the "purge" is done.

Frankly, there are some people that are gone that shouldn't be and there are a BUNCH of people that should be gone and aren't. It just doesn't seem to be as fun here as it used to....and it's ashamed b/c it's a great site and I've met some really nice people here (Tarhog, jwebst1, jrock, iheart as examples).

I've been a member here since June of 2004 and since the merger sadly the civility has gotten progressively worse here (not blaming the Redskins or ES but this thread alone agrees with my thoughts).

Maybe this will help, maybe if the Redskins can start to win (someday) that may help, who knows?

Best of luck at whatever you all do.

-WD

PS.

This isn't about ignorant threads. We have the No New Threads group for that.

This is about people simply attacking one another because they have a difference of opinion. ES has never been about that, and never will.

I have been placed on the No New Threads list and I don't know why. I have not made any disrespectful threads towards anyone. Yet I can not make new threads. I have sent emails requesting someone let me know where I have crossed the line, yet no response. Several times I have started a thread with basic context and asked for input.Many times I have gotten " That is stupid for you to say" or something of that sort. Now if you are going to stop me from creating threads, you should stop folks from being disrespectful to those who disagree with them. Now take me off your freakin list so I can create some meaningful threads. Unlike those fake car accident threads you permit.

Geez, I don't know if I even have enough posts to read this thread...

But seriously, I don't even know if the team returning to winning will fix the attitudes of some of the posters around here.

Some people just think they are superior to all others, and feel the need to let the entire world know this through the use of vulgarity, profanity, and bad humor.

I've only officially been around here since last January, but even I said it's about time when I started reading this thread...

Could've done without those last two sentences, I think...

;)

That is just frustration. I have been forced to just reply to other people's threads when I have all these brilliant ideas floating around in my head. My creative mind has been held back by the restrictive nature of this establishment. Or maybe I am just pissed. :cry:

I have been placed on the No New Threads list and I don't know why. I have not made any disrespectful threads towards anyone. Yet I can not make new threads. I have sent emails requesting someone let me know where I have crossed the line, yet no response. Several times I have started a thread with basic context and asked for input.Many times I have gotten " That is stupid for you to say" or something of that sort. Now if you are going to stop me from creating threads, you should stop folks from being disrespectful to those who disagree with them. Now take me off your freakin list so I can create some meaningful threads. Unlike those fake car accident threads you permit.
Could've done without those last two sentences, I think...

;)

Typical for the situation, though, Joe Sick ;) .

Playboy 1972, (a good year) the answer to this is, and long has been, posted every Redskins game day in a big "Read Me" stickied-thread at the top of the main page by TK. Anyone who continues to remain on No New Threads is proving that they do not take much time or accountability to pay attention, or to learn what they agreed to learn when they registered (the rules) and solve their problem.

This Sunday, find the thread, follow the instructions, and realize afterwards you could have done it long ago.

Same is true for anyone wandering around day after day with the "No New Threads" tag. They can undo it any time if they just take some accountability and pay attention to the threads from staff members that say "Read Me" and are stickied to the top of forum pages (and learn/follow the rules in the first place like everyone agrees to when they register).

It's like speed limits. You are responsible for reading them and knowing them, they usually don't "teach" you the speed when you're pulled over ;) .

Same is true for anyone wandering around day after day with the "No New Threads" tag. They can undo it any time if they just take some accountability and pay attention to the threads from staff members that say "Read Me" and are stickied to the top of forum pages (and learn/follow the rules in the first place like everyone agrees to when they register).

If this is posted somewhere I apologize. I know the rules and protocol and I follow them.

What is the sentence length for the NNT group? I was in it once but I PM'd a mod and was taken out.

Typical for the situation, though, Joe Sick ;) .

Playboy 1972, (a good year) the answer to this is, and long has been, posted every Redskins game day in a big "Read Me" stickied-thread at the top of the main page by TK. Anyone who continues to remain on No New Threads is proving that they do not take much time or accountability to pay attention, or to learn what they agreed to learn when they registered (the rules) and solve their problem.

This Sunday, find the thread, follow the instructions, and realize afterwards you could have done it long ago.

It's like speed limits. You are responsible for reading them and knowing them, they usually don't "teach" you the speed when you're pulled over ;) .

Read Me? Everyday there is a new READ ME posted. This is a fan interaction site and you guys are posting new laws like this is Congress or something. Geez, is it that serious?

I think Tarhog’s post will be mis-used by many who read it, as he mentions laster to zoony.

Banning quietly and privately is still in play and often is more appropriate depending on the situation, IMO, and of course I am speaking only for myself.

On the other hand, every bit of good research and historical experience (and your own experiences, probably, if you think about it) done on enforcement/compliance dynamics of rules/laws/guidelines in All kinds of group situations highlights visibility of enforcement as an important factor for maximizing effectiveness.

When the kid is yanked out of the class in front of others it has an effect on many. Not the hard-core at either extreme, but many others. This is how it works, period, to the best of my knowledge.

I think both work fine. Ban quietly and ban in plain sight when you can make a point about what behavior can get someone caught up. I know seeing the cop at the bottom of the turn regularly busting speeders with his lights on makes me more careful every time I go down that road.

Why ignore that knowledge in this one arena where it probably most needed due to individual anonymity and isolation from real consequences (except for banning)? Here, full grown “adults” can act like fructose-frenzied 10 year-olds without being as embarrassed if they did in front of their friends and family in “real life”---e.g. for saying mind-numbingly insipid things like “you Brunell Zombies blow donkeys” or “You ******* Gibbs haters aren’t Redskins fans you’re just a bunch of *******"...or similar gems from any point of view on any topic.

As to what will make the site better? Simple.

Avoid being just another egotistical dick with your oh-so-unique insight and wisdom that really isn't that much more more likely to be "spot-on" than most other brain-farts or lucky guesses or hindsight brilliances, or one of the stupid/angry/bratty/whiny child-mob. You still get to ***** and gripe quite a bit without crossing any normal behavioral line. C'mon you jarheads, this isn't rocket science. I know rocket science. :)

Act like grownups. (Holy ****! Who said that!) Have fun, be crazy, be silly--I often am. Be bitingly witty or cleverly sarcastic--but use it as seasoning, not a main course. Jab at each other in spirited debate. But do so with something above a 5th-grade level of repartee. If that's too hard for you, work on it.

Get off the "homers" "haters" "zombies" "lovers" "party-lines" "real fans" "realists" "die-hards" and general "us" vs. "them" pretentious, misplaced, discussion-killing, group-labeling of what some poster (or several posters) are actually posting.

Stop saying the same thing (whether glibly and eloquently, or bluntly and stupidly) in every thread. Stop repeating yourself over and over every day. If you can't think of something new to say, just read. You can still repeat yourself a few times a week and be ok :laugh:

Stop expecting everyone should think like you. Argue your side, disparage theirs if you need to (following the guidelines) but understand that at the end of the day, no matter what it LOOKS like NOW, the other guy may be as right as you in the end. At least in some cases anyway :laugh: . Don't take yourself too seriously ALL the time. :2cents:

Being a semi-reasonable age-action-appropriate human-being doesn't equal "not having any fun" or not having a "great message board." Evidence would in fact suggest the opposite.

Well, I better stop...see what happens when I don't post much for awhile? :D

In my rather limited experience on this site (April '04), I have noticed that people who feel the need to trumpet from the heavens about their meaningful threads and ideas really don't have that much that's meaningful to say at all. But of course there is always an exception or two to that rule.

Just be careful talking about how profound you think you are.

Read Me? Everyday there is a new READ ME posted. This is a fan interaction site and you guys are posting new laws like this is Congress or something. Geez, is it that serious?

I figured you'd respond like this, dude, and it's cool. Someday you'll surprise me. The fact is you have no idea what it's like, serious or otherwise, though I think you're bright enough to get it if you just stopped and thought about the whole deal for awhile.

There are almost never any new laws. NNT's has been around for quite awhile. Read Me's are almost always us going over the same old stuff that has been around "forever", trying to help you guys en masse since there are tens of thousands of members and less than dozen moderators. Plus most all the other guys do a lot of outside work bringing special features to the site.

And while we actually do tend to have some idea of what we're doing here, all the second guessing by people who have no clue is just natural and we will have to live with that--well-intended and friendly input is always appreciated, speaking for myself.

Archived