Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Holdman Argument OVER!!

jivelikenice

McIntosh better be good....We passed on a number of other players that people here were clamoring about who could have played important roles on this team such as CB Cedric Griffin, DE Darryl Tapp, CB Jimmy Williams, LB Thomas Howard, and CB Richard Marshall.

If he is a bust then we can chalk it up to yet another draft blunder by the Skins. The year before it was passing on DE Chris Canty for Manuel White who has had zero impact thus far.

Campbell's 1-2 as of now. So far, he's hardly the spark Phillip Rivers was. Is it better to keep rookies on the bench to let them soak stuff up? Who knows... but get used to it and stop complaining cuz that's the way it is here with this coaching staff.

Rivers sat for two season in the same offense, but then again Young is winning games for the Titans Who does know?. Campbell is once again learning a new offense for the 6th year in a row. Its best to get used to it seeing the coaching staff has no idea what they are doing, and dont help the players when they dont execute. Its obvious when they keep making the same mistakes over and over and over.

It is a mystery that Holdman is still starting. Lindsey and Gregg Williams must have a man crush on the guy. There is no way McIntosh could be any worse than Holdman. It is like Raub's sig, the key to beating us is to run the ball right at Holdman's side, because Holdman can't shed blocks to save his life.

ST was in the starting lineup after the first few games of his rookie campaign, and while it did take Rogers a little longer, I'm almost positive that he was a starter by Week 13. Not only is Rocky not starting, he's not even getting on the field. No excuse for this.

Taylor was only starting that early because Andre Lott got hurt.

If you notice, Williams doesn't rotate LBs in. There are some in different packages (like Campbell in the short yardage package), but they don't get rotated in and out. That's why Rocky isn't seeing playing time.

Jason

Who ever contended that Holdman was a solution? Williams seats his rookies (see Carlos Rogers) unless injuries play a factor (see Kedric Golston). Many want McIntosh in right now, just like we wanted Jason Campbell in. Though... Campbell's 1-2 as of now. So far, he's hardly the spark Phillip Rivers was. Is it better to keep rookies on the bench to let them soak stuff up? Who knows... but get used to it and stop complaining cuz that's the way it is here with this coaching staff.

Ummm....Rivers also has one of the best defenses in the league behind him.

Who ever contended that Holdman was a solution? Williams seats his rookies (see Carlos Rogers) unless injuries play a factor (see Kedric Golston). Many want McIntosh in right now, just like we wanted Jason Campbell in. Though... Campbell's 1-2 as of now. So far, he's hardly the spark Phillip Rivers was. Is it better to keep rookies on the bench to let them soak stuff up? Who knows... but get used to it and stop complaining cuz that's the way it is here with this coaching staff.

Campbell isn't a rookie.

Taylor was only starting that early because Andre Lott got hurt.

If you notice, Williams doesn't rotate LBs in. There are some in different packages (like Campbell in the short yardage package), but they don't get rotated in and out. That's why Rocky isn't seeing playing time.

Jason

Interesting point. If thats the case, then they should just put Rocky in full-time. Do you think the lack of rotation is GW's call or Lindsey's? Blache, or GW, rotates the linemen in fairly regularly.

Interesting point. If thats the case, then they should just put Rocky in full-time. Do you think the lack of rotation is GW's call or Lindsey's? Blache, or GW, rotates the linemen in fairly regularly.

So, are you ok with Rocky if he goes in there and puts himself in bad positions and doesn't know what his responsibilities are? Is that better than Holdman, who may not be as talented, but knows his defensive responsibilities?

In that case, I could see people going, "Man, that guy sucks. We gave up two draft picks for this?"

Jason

You can live with rookie mistakes as long as they're progressing game to game. Holdman is what he is and is getting older so it won't be getting any better. Plus I can learn the Skins playbook and know my assignments but it won't help me actually do anything based on it. Plus we are at the point where we have to evaluate for 2007 and don't you think its important to find out whether or not we have a potential starter at wlb??

i think because we still had a chance to turn things around, there was a risk putting in Rocky instead of someone who knows what hese doin, Short term it would make our D worse, we def. dint need that down the stretch. Now that were eliminated i think we should see much more Rock Mac in the starting line up. Long term we will benefit with a much faster and talented LB, not only that, but he plays hungry.

Well,i personally have been cursing G.Williams since he got here for bein an idiot.his arrogance and personell choices are baffling at times and he seems to have absolutely zero ability to successfully manage a linebacking corps.ours has steadily declined every year he's been here to the point our D is at now.all the names and all the faces over the last few years that have changed but one that hasn't.and it's his show.he's not gonna take the blame for his defense suckin but he's still the one callin the shots so he's still the one to put the burden on.now that the season is gone all the kids should be out there learnin thier craft.especially if the veteran they're waitin on isn't gettin the job done.

Can someone please explain how the Falcons can have 40 carries and Holdman comes away with 1 tackle and 1 assist? Please explain because I continue to be amazed and find it now comical that he is playing for us. What a freaking joke.

Its sad all over when your last line of defense (Free Safety) leads the team in tackles. :(

http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/WAS/2006/regular

And amazingly Archuleta is still in the top 5 even when he hasn't really played since early November.

So, are you ok with Rocky if he goes in there and puts himself in bad positions and doesn't know what his responsibilities are? Is that better than Holdman, who may not be as talented, but knows his defensive responsibilities?

In that case, I could see people going, "Man, that guy sucks. We gave up two draft picks for this?"

Jason

Right now, I'm saying "Why did we give up two draft picks for a guy who cannot play?"

Someone needs to tell Gibbs and Williamsn that it's not 1983. You have to get something out of rookies to be successful in the modern NFL.

The Seahawks started Lofa Tatupa at middle linebacker in the Super Bowl last year. Surely, we can get Rocky a few snaps at OLB as we play out the string.

Honestly, I simply cannot understand why Rocky can't just play one series a game if nothing else.

i think because we still had a chance to turn things around, there was a risk putting in Rocky instead of someone who knows what hese doin, Short term it would make our D worse, we def. dint need that down the stretch. Now that were eliminated i think we should see much more Rock Mac in the starting line up. Long term we will benefit with a much faster and talented LB, not only that, but he plays hungry.

There is simply no way to make this defense worse.

With Rocky in there yesterday, what happens? Do we give up 300 yards rushing?

Can someone please explain how the Falcons can have 40 carries and Holdman comes away with 1 tackle and 1 assist? Please explain because I continue to be amazed and find it now comical that he is playing for us. What a freaking joke.

The best stat of all, is that Holdman recorded those "tackles" on back to back plays in the 2nd quarter, in a span of less then a minute. Get this guy OUTTA here!!

Here's what's going to happen. We finally put the defense out of its misery and let Holdman go. He signs with Dallas and becomes the second-coming of Lawrence Taylor. Believe me, I want him gone, too, but that's the way things go with the franchise. :doh:

there may very well be changes to this coaching staff in the offseason. I think there are too many senior coaches here and not enough hungry younger assistants willing to put in the hours and learn the game under Gibbs.

I think Gibbs found out this year that Saunders, while a branch off the same coaching tree, has his own ideas about how to run an offense and Saunders definitely has a big ego that needs to be stroked. In fact I remember a number of NFL personnel guys saying that Saunders' interviewed for a number of jobs he didn't get and one reason was his ****y demeanor.

On the other side of the ball we have four former defensive coordinators running the unit :laugh:

Geez, I don't think Eisenhower had this much staff support planning the Normandy landings in 1944 :laugh: :laugh:

So true--we really need an infusion of young blood and talent. Football is a young man's game--look at dallas--they have parcells, but their two coordinators are young and hungry...we really need it.

Rocky has crazy athletic abilities and can at least make game changing plays (just think of some his special teams contributions), Holdman at best can be a steady LB that won't make any major plays. Anyone know when the last time he had a sac or forced a turnover? I think he may have one tackle for a loss this season. That doesn't cut it and he only made 1.5 more tackles than I did this week. Rocky, Rocky, Rocky!!! The worse we could get by putting him in is: 1. The same performace as Holdman 2. Continue to be the worst D in the leage. 3. Some experience for the "Future" Rocky! Rocky! Rocky!

Archived