Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Holdman Argument OVER!!

jivelikenice

Who ever contended that Holdman was a solution? Williams seats his rookies (see Carlos Rogers) unless injuries play a factor (see Kedric Golston). Many want McIntosh in right now, just like we wanted Jason Campbell in. Though... Campbell's 1-2 as of now. So far, he's hardly the spark Phillip Rivers was. Is it better to keep rookies on the bench to let them soak stuff up? Who knows... but get used to it and stop complaining cuz that's the way it is here with this coaching staff.

Who ever contended that Holdman was a solution? Williams seats his rookies (see Carlos Rogers) unless injuries play a factor (see Kedric Golston). Many want McIntosh in right now, just like we wanted Jason Campbell in. Though... Campbell's 1-2 as of now. So far, he's hardly the spark Phillip Rivers was. Is it better to keep rookies on the bench to let them soak stuff up? Who knows... but get used to it and stop complaining cuz that's the way it is here with this coaching staff.

Phillip Rivers has LT.

we have no CP and Ladell Betts.

Nuff said!

anyone remember Sterling Palmer, undersized DE who couldn't hold the point of attack drafted during the Turner years? :)

Holdman is the second coming of #97. Despite poor performances and draft picks we need to look at for 2007, he continues to receive all the work.

Just like Palmer managed to start here for a couple of years despite being pancacked on a regular basis as the Skins defense was ranked near the bottom of the NFC.

The coaches continued to protect and make excuses for him.

Then when he was finally released and other players brought in, Casserly made the comment that he was looking for DEs that were strong run defenders :laugh:

Sometimes fans DO see the writing on the wall and the staff knows that but are too proud to admit they made a mistake and got caught short on talent at a particular spot.

anyone remember Sterling Palmer, undersized DE who couldn't hold the point of attack drafted during the Turner years? :)

Sometimes fans DO see the writing on the wall and the staff knows that but are too proud to admit they made a mistake and got caught short on talent at a particular spot.

Ugh you had to mention Sterling Palmer :doh:

I'll never forget how many times Turner said he was "getting better"

Sterling was drafted by Richie P, but I agree it has been the same BS. Palmer was all we had and when Turner took over, By keeping him on the roster, it allowed Turner to draft more offense, all he ever seemed to care about.

Holdman has been a point for teams to attack through the last two seasons!

Thats it in a nutshell. Because Lindsey and Williams have both been questioned about Holdman's productivity, it is like they are going to keep him in there just to spite us and the media. :doh:

Phillip Rivers has LT.

Nuff said!

My point wasn't that Jason Campbell isn't playing well. In fact, in my opinion, he's doing considerably better than Brunell by the mere fact that he looks downfield. No, my point is that Jason Campbell, as I said earlier, wasn't the spark that got our team 3-0 under his reign.

It wasn't Brunell that prevented our offense, it was a culmination of many things. That's probably why Gibbs saw no immediate reason to switch quarterbacks. So by the mere fact of getting a "better" QB in there shouldn't, in theory, make our offense better because people will still miss blocks and drop passes. Though, the addition of Campbell might give a spark and some hope. Some of our players might decide to block, catch the ball, shed some tackles... oh, I don't know. What people who make millions of dollars generally do. If we did that, the sky's the limit. However, for some damn reason, 14 points was the sky today.

My point with Holdman is: switching 1 of 3 linebackers, 1 of 11 defensive players on the field, will not make the defense play better. The team is not as strong as it's weakest link. Though he can hamper you by becoming a liability, a target of the opposing offense, that's still not enough. Every team has a weak spot (due to injuries, suspensions, free agency, etc) but that doesn't stop them. We have to stop blaming individual players...

There have been several games this year where Golston has gotten the start over a healthy Salave'a. I'm sorry, but I'm done buying that argument.

Holdman needs to go. LOL! Its funny though...he had 3 INTs and was player of the week in Madden NFL 07. I was playing next to him as a LB in Superstar mode replacing Marshall (I had about the same ratings). What's my point? Oh yeah...OVERRATED! Holdman...you can play Special Teams if you want but that's it.

GET ROCKY IN NOW!

There have been several games this year where Golston has gotten the start over a healthy Salave'a. I'm sorry, but I'm done buying that argument.

Williams even said himself that he doesn't like starting rookies. What about Sean Taylor and Carlos Rogers? It's not that I agree with the approach, but there's reasoning behind it (even if it's illogical)

Williams even said himself that he doesn't like starting rookies. What about Sean Taylor and Carlos Rogers? It's not that I agree with the approach, but there's reasoning behind it (even if it's illogical)

ST was in the starting lineup after the first few games of his rookie campaign, and while it did take Rogers a little longer, I'm almost positive that he was a starter by Week 13. Not only is Rocky not starting, he's not even getting on the field. No excuse for this.

The argument is amusing to me over what fans know. All during the Turner years we were told that only 'insiders' could really know what was going on with a football team and the fans didn't know a lot of what was going on inside the doors at Redskins Park.

Fair enough. We don't.

But we don't have to ;)

Like consumers of a chocolate bar or a new software program we can look at the entertainment product and how it performs vs. other products in the same market.

When consumers see a crappy product, they can see it, taste it, smell it, etc.

They might not know why 'new' Coke's formula made the soft drink taste 'off' or 'poor' but they refused to buy it and eventually Coke admitted their mistake and took it off the market.

Eventually, the same thing happens in the NFL.

We all know that Holdman is not a stellar weakside linebacker. The staff isn't fooling anyone, they know that too.

And the way the fans will know we were onto something is by watching what happens in the offseason.

Whether the staff is covering for the fact McIntosh is a perceived bust or they are just in too deep with the problems on D to have the patience to break in a rookie, it will all come out in the wash. I promise you that.

ST was in the starting lineup after the first few games of his rookie campaign, and while it did take Rogers a little longer, I'm almost positive that he was a starter by Week 13. Not only is Rocky not starting, he's not even getting on the field. No excuse for this.

Huh, you're right about Taylor... I could've sworn I read that he started around mid season. Anyway, my focus of arguement wasn't on when those two started, I don't know how I got off topic. Switching up a player won't make a difference. And at this point? Why would anyone want us to finish the season "strong". I want the best draft pick we can get. Unless the reason to start McIntosh is to see what he has to offer (like Campbell), I see no point. The season's over and the team's just flat out playing poorly. If Campbell wasn't the spark to the team, McIntosh sure won't be.

Is it better to keep rookies on the bench to let them soak stuff up? Who knows... but get used to it and stop complaining cuz that's the way it is here with this coaching staff.

Yes, it is definitely better to keep Rookie LB's that you thought were so good you traded up to grab them with your top pick on the bench, while playing a weak veteran instead. Because if you play the rookie the team might go 4-8 or something.... Also you don't want him to start learning and adjusting to game speed until his 2nd season....:doh:

there may very well be changes to this coaching staff in the offseason. I think there are too many senior coaches here and not enough hungry younger assistants willing to put in the hours and learn the game under Gibbs.

I think Gibbs found out this year that Saunders, while a branch off the same coaching tree, has his own ideas about how to run an offense and Saunders definitely has a big ego that needs to be stroked. In fact I remember a number of NFL personnel guys saying that Saunders' interviewed for a number of jobs he didn't get and one reason was his ****y demeanor.

On the other side of the ball we have four former defensive coordinators running the unit :laugh:

Geez, I don't think Eisenhower had this much staff support planning the Normandy landings in 1944 :laugh: :laugh:

Phillip Rivers has LT.

Nuff said!

It doesn't matter who the running back is as long as they are producing. Betts rushed for almost 160 yards today, but we still didn't win and Campbell didn't light it up. I'm not taking anything away from Campbell, but the whole "they have LT" argument doesn't work today cuz Betts had nearly as good a game as LT today.

Phillip Rivers has LT.

Nuff said!

Actually not enough

Betts career day......Moss great as usual

JC? two INTs and a TD that should have been another INT

If we are going to analyze the situation.....

Please stop sniffing the Jock of your favorite player

The future is now........next year

Actually not enough

Betts career day......Moss great as usual

JC? two INTs and a TD that should have been another INT

If we are going to analyze the situation.....

Please stop sniffing the Jock of your favorite player

The future is now........next year

Let's go draft Brady Quinn...:doh: , Can we realize that JC wasn't going to play good this time of the year?

Archived