Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kirwan On Campbell

Hooper

Which side of the fence are you??  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Which side of the fence are you??

• Keep the playoff hopes ALIVE!!!
    • Get ready for next year with a year under JC's belt!
    • Undecided... TBD...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9836402

When the quarterback class of 2004 hit the NFL field, it made quite an impression. Ben Roethlisberger has already been part of a winning Super Bowl. Eli Manning has already won a division title. Phillip Rivers is the hottest young QB in the league right now. All three have another thing in common besides being drafted in the first round of the same draft. They each threw a touchdown pass in their first career -- Roethlisberger and Rivers both threw another in their second starts. Right away people got excited about what they saw from these young signal callers. Well, what about another young quarterback who threw twice as many touchdowns in his first two career starts? I Don't hear too much enthusiasm for a guy with four TD passes in his first two starts. But that's exactly what Jason Campbell has done for the Redskins. Time to keep an eye on this emerging star.

he's in his second year...not a big deal... we need to WIN

The good thing is... he has shown in two straight games he has the heart, skill, and poise to put points up on the board when the game is on the line. It is a big deal for people in the football world to notice that in his first two games ever, he has shown great promise.

I just wish they'd open up the playbook a little more for him, instead of taking all these baby steps. We'll never know what he can do unless he's given the entire thing. The fact that he called his own play on that Cooley touchdown tells you what kind of athlete he is. Use him!

Romo sits to pee-verated gets more publicity because the media is in love with Parcells and the Cowgirls. I am surprised someone even took the time write about a skins QB, usually we gets no love. Also, I am with SkinsGlory, I am pumped to watch our offense and see how he will do.

Romo sits to pee has gotten more press because he has actually played consistently well. Young, Leinart, Walter, Gradkowski, Frye, they've had their chances, but other than Young again, none have played consistently well. Romo sits to pee has pretty much blown them out of the water the way it stands. I think it's valid he gets the press for now, and Campbell may soon get just as much.

Romo sits to pee deserves the credit he has gotten as much as it pains me to say it. That team is MUCH better with him back there. He makes plays when the o-line breaks down and that is something Bledsoe couldnt dream of doing. I hate the Cowboys as much as anyone but Romo sits to pee is pretty good...thus far.

Kirwan seems like the only reporter that has something positive to say about the Redskins.

JC's been getting good press from even the usual cast of idjits. Once he has a few more W's, he'll be getting as much Romo sits to pee-type raves. After all, when your team is sitting at the bottom-level of the NFC, you aren't going to get the glowing reviews. Romo sits to pee deserves it because he took a struggling offense to the top of the division.

Too bad he couldn't have started after the BYE. We might be 6-5 and in serious contention for the division.

Yup I cannot get over the hard on the media has for the Pukes and Parcells...but by far in terms of starts Rivers has been outstanding. Jason in the next 5 games will show us if he deserves to be part of an elite young group of upcoming QB's. That said, I am pretty impressed with Romo sits to pee. ONe of the things that i see is that Romo sits to pee, Young, Rivers, Smith and Campbell are pretty cool under pressure...and that is absolutely essential in this league.

I am truly excited everytime the offense has the ball. I can't wait to see what the kid does next.

What do you find more exciting? The three and outs or the inaccurate throws?

Look, Campbell has promise, but our offense has been atrocious since he took over. I love what he may be able to bring us as well. I'm just not sure I get the love affair with how horribly he played last week after only a fair first game. He has a LOT to improve on to get us legitimately excited unless your sole pleasure comes from the fact he happens to have the ability to throw the ball reasonably down the field.

Look, Campbell has promise, but our offense has been atrocious since he took over. I love what he may be able to bring us as well. I'm just not sure I get the love affair with how horribly he played last week after only a fair first game. He has a LOT to improve on to get us legitimately excited unless your sole pleasure comes from the fact he happens to have the ability to throw the ball reasonably down the field.

I think the "sole pleasure" many fans are feeling is knowing that this is probably not Campbell's ceiling. Right or wrong Brunell was limited and getting worse....

There is a very important word when applied to Campbell: hope.

Many fans have that now.

It's a beautiful thing.

Who are the other three QBs???

Per Elias Sports Bureau:

Jason Campbell threw a pair of touchdown passes in the Redskins' 17-13 win over the Panthers. Although Campbell is only the fourth player to throw at least two TD passes in each of his first two NFL games, that list includes two other Redskins QBs: Mark Rypien (1988) and Gus Frerotte (1994). The other player was Greg Cook of the AFL's Bengals in 1969.

It's obvious you still have a hard on for Brunell

Archived