Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ComCast/Bram Post Game (ESPN Article/Whodunit? Discussion) MERGED

MontanaRed

id say springs or archuletta. obviously springs is the first choice cause hes been with the skins now and knows williams, but archuletta is probably the most bitter considering reed doughty has now replaced him on the depth chart.

but im leaning towards arch, cause springs seems like the kind of guy who would just come out and say that it was him. he'd water it down a little bit but hes very outspoken.

I don't know if it's Archuleta. The player in the article seems to be talking about the past two years, so he would HAVE had to be with the Redskins in 2004.

Interesting.. maybe it's not Springs.

Added safety Shawn Springs: "Yeah, Gregg is arrogant, but so am I. I like the confidence he brings to the team, and I personally felt that whoever said it [anonymously], should've came out and said [who he was]. Now one thing you know about me, if I feel that way, I will go and tell the coach that, because I've developed that type of relationship with Gregg and Coach Gibbs and Steve Jackson ... And some things in there are probably very true. They are true. Some things are true in there. But the thing is, we are still a family."

There's no reason to believe that it has to be a player from last year. Just because he talks about other guys leaving does not mean he was on the time.

I personally thought it was very curious that Friend kept making a point that it was Archuleta's agent who had all of the information about his contract negotiations. I think that's a red flag that it was Archuleta himself who was interviewed by Friend. That has to be why there are so many specifics on Arch.

Whoever it is, they should get a thank you card from the organization. Something had to happen to spark this team and get them out of the hole they'd dug themselves into. The defense for the first time all year looked like it did the previous two seasons. The talk after the game was all about the article so there is no possible way people can pretend it didn't get the whole defenses attention. Gregg Williams, the defensive coaches, and all the players were called by that article and forced to respond.

Interesting.. maybe it's not Springs.

Just to add to that. I think he said something about how it's popular now to be a T.O., or something to that extent. So I don't think it's him. He seems like a guy who would've said it openly if at all.

to say that the new guys couldn't have done it is not true- because maybe some of the veteran Redskins would have told the new ones about last year. Couldn't you see a frustrated Phillip Daniels telling Archuleta in a moment of extreme frustration about how much everything has changed since last year, and how we didn't get pressure on the QB until we changed to straight rushing. It is perfectly possible that a new redskin leaked even with the things from last year included. The whole Sean Taylor thing is pretty confusing, and I have no idea what to make of it in terms of figuring out the speaker...

I think Archuletta myself ... just because he talks about players from last year and beyond doens't meen he has tohave been here . He was also here for the begining of the OTAs or part there of .

Arch is very pissed off it is showing in the limited play he gets and he is a rather introspective quiet man type .

It also seems to me at least to be a guy who not only has been around the NFL but isn't in with the Coach Gibbs mentality of you don't speek out against family so that rules out Brunell, Portis, Washington, Springs, Jansen etc.

Cooley, Rogers, Cambell all are pretty new so I don't think they are the man same with other bubble guys trying to make a name for themselves they don't want to piss off the coaches who may turn around and bury them on the depth chart.

it could be someone like Holdman or Wynn - been around seen Williams.

It could be Vincent - He has been around and Williams and Jackson and in the secondary

It could be anyone really

Longshot - Ethan Allbright

Just to add to that. I think he said something about how it's popular now to be a T.O., or something to that extent. So I don't think it's him. He seems like a guy who would've said it openly if at all.

If Shawn Springs is NOT the source, then he should find the player and choke him along with Tom Friend for making it seem like it was him. I would be incredibly pissed. Of course, that's if Springs isn't the source.

Archived