Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ComCast/Bram Post Game (ESPN Article/Whodunit? Discussion) MERGED

MontanaRed

He said "they wern't saying" but that the players knew who it was and most certainly the coaches knew then, too, but at this point has just been ignored by GW/coaches in front of the players and by GW in front of the media.a

I don't think the players would tattle to the coaches about one of their own.

I really thinks its one of the new guys either Archuleta or Mike Rumph

Rumph has no motive. He was already thought of as a bust when we brought him in here. We've given him a new shot, and so far he's done okay with it. He hasn't been the bust that he was for SF, but he hasn't really proven his detractors wrong either. He's played above expectations, and has been given a fair shake. Obviously his playing time is going to decrease with a healthy Springs back in the lineup.

If it's anybody in the secondary, it's either Springs or Archuletta. I would lean toward Archuletta because he has a clear motive, and the article showed insight into the negotiations between him and the Redskins. Also the article defended Archuletta, whereas you would think his teammates would be bitter against him because he is making way more money than them. Also notice how Archuletta seemed a lot more supportive of his teammates today. He was talking with Taylor on the sidelines, congratulating people.

Also, if you're a reporter looking for a story, who are you going to run first to: the guy whose career the Redskins revitalized, who has been with the team for 3 seasons now and has been a leader on defense? Or are you going to go to the new guy, whose loyalty to the current regime and his fellow players s probably much less solidified, and who has been made a scapegoat for the defense's, and who remains in the doghouse despite clear evidence that he was not the problem in our secondary?

The fact that he specifically mentioned Sean Taylor would make me think it was Rumph because they are both from the U, so he would make note of how Sean was playing more than Adam Archuleta would.

...by the way, there was just a clip on channel 7 of Shawn Springs being asked if it was him and he said it wasn't him. He said his father would kill him he was putting out the team's dirty laundry, having also played in the NFL.

It cannot be Archuletta, Rumph, or Wright. All three of those guys are brand new to the team. Many of the comments from the "source" speak to older events from past years.

Actually, I don't think the player mentioned anything that couldn't have been seen from the outside.

I think it's Rumph.

He also said as far as defense "we didn't change the players or the scheme", directly referrencing that one quote from article.

QUOTE]

Actually thats not quite true...I saw Golston and Evans in there alot more today then I normally do.

Also saw a lot more straight up rushing from the D line and less "psyche" blitzes, you know the ones where you act like you're going to blitz then say psyche. :D You also saw a lot less cushion from Rogers also. I don't care who the "player" was, I think it needed to be said. What do you expect GW to say?

"Well the player was right and I've seen the error of my ways and it won't happen again?"

GW got punked and IMO the "player" had every right to do so.

Actually, I don't think the player mentioned anything that couldn't have been seen from the outside.

I think it's Rumph.

Its not Rumph

I feel like Arnold Schwazzaneger in Kindergarden Cop "its NOT A TUMAAAA"

Bram's words from his friday night radio show

"This is a starter, a leader in the secondary"

Mike Rumph is not a leader in the secondary, and neither is AA

It is Shawn Springs, it is oh so obvious. Notice no other reporters asked anyone else in the secondary if they were "the leak"

This was written Nov 9th...when a report sniffs discontent or controversy, they make the phone call...I think AA is the guy.

http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?story=114073&ran=117532

ASHBURN - Adam Archuleta isn't proud of it or happy about it. But the Redskins' struggling safety admits that the big bucks of a free-agent contract caused him to lose his focus and contributed to a tumultuous season.

Archuleta, whose $30 million free-agent deal included a $10 million salary bonus that's an all-time high for a safety, was replaced in the starting lineup by Troy Vincent in the team's 22-19 victory over Dallas on Sunday. It was the latest blow in a disappointing season in which he has become a focal point on a 30th-ranked defense that has just two interceptions and has allowed more touchdown passes, 20-yard and 40-yard passes than any team in the league.

"It was a unique situation for me to come in here with as a high profile as I did - I'm not used to that," Archuleta told reporters Tuesday evening as he left Redskin Park. "I allowed that, as well as some other things, to be a distraction. I let those things get in the way of what is truly important: Who I am and what I've done to get to this point in my career and the player I was. I lost sight of that and lost focus during this process."

Archuleta wouldn't get more specific. Privately, some inside Redskin Park say he hasn't been used in a way that plays to his strengths, which is close to the line of scrimmage and more on the blitz than in coverage. Late in Sunday's game, he was beaten on a 28-yard pass play that gave the Cowboys a shot at a winning field goal.

"I've had a lot of adversity thrown my way, and this, for whatever reason, is the situation that has presented itself," Archuleta said. "It's a matter of me getting back to who I am and playing the game through my eyes, not somebody else's."

Its not Rumph

I feel like Arnold Schwazzaneger in Kindergarden Cop "its NOT A TUMAAAA"

Bram's words from his friday night radio show

"This is a starter, a leader in the secondary"

Mike Rumph is not a leader in the secondary, and neither is AA

It is Shawn Springs, it is oh so obvious. Notice no other reporters asked anyone else in the secondary if they were "the leak"

Well hell, Bram's should know then? I don't get to listen to his show but is there a reason he wouldn't say who it is? I'm guessing Springs is the only one being asked because most people are assuming he is the guilty one.

I went back and reread the article and at times the writer says a player and at times he says a source. It looks like to me the writer has put together things that have already been said from the past along with some of this new stuff.

I seen only one comment from this anonymous player that actually refered to a previous year with any insight. He mentioned something about the D line wanting to do less stunting at the end of last year and just rushing straight on. The rest of the stuff in this article, including that, could have been deducted from just watching film and being around the team. Nothing in that article is clear evidence that this was said by a player who has been here the previous years.

Well hell, Bram's should know then? I don't get to listen to his show but is there a reason he wouldn't say who it is?

You're kidding, right? Weinstein has likely been told to keep his mouth shut here - theres no way he's going to divulge something the team really wants to be kept quiet. Period. And Bram probably wants to keep his job.

Prof Plum in the Study with the Candlestick

(in reality, it was Springs and it's obvious it was him. But get over the gossip already. Most of you are grown men who would roll their eyes to see your girlfriend/spouse watching a Soap Opera - yet you involve yourself in the very same thing).

You're kidding, right? Weinstein has likely been told to keep his mouth shut here - theres no way he's going to divulge something the team really wants to be kept quiet. Period. And Bram probably wants to keep his job.

I hear what you're saying but why does he keep giving these clues of who it might be? If he knows this is definetly a topic to be avoided why does he keep bringing it up with a new clue every time?

I would think if he's so worried about his job he could care less in trying to convey who said this with his clues to the fans and let it go.

Well hell, Bram's should know then? I don't get to listen to his show but is there a reason he wouldn't say who it is? I'm guessing Springs is the only one being asked because most people are assuming he is the guilty one.

According to the channel 7 reporter, that's exactly the reason Springs was asked, because "people in the media thought it was him".

Everyone is looking in the wrong places... I think it was Ade Jimoh... Noone would think it was him..

we were kinda talking about that in the car today....

look, it has to be someone who has been here (no AA or Rumph) b/c they wouldn't really know/care what went on w/ Lavar, pierce, smoot, clark, or harris. The article specifical;ly mentioned how they were mad that these players were disrespected and that the coaches felt they were above them.

So jimoh has basically been benched this year when the last couple years he has been playing in the secondary. I thought maybe taylor or rogers, but they both played great today and i just don't see springs being that type of guy....who knows though

I think the guys got fired up today b/c the article call them the biggest flop/turkey of the NFL:whoknows:

Archived