Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Political Affiliation (Poll)

kaffeen

I was thinking King of Greater Mexico ...if ya can't beat em,Rule them.:)

My long time buddy (very bright and interesting dude--Vietnam vet--carrier duty) has a spot picked out and I can't remember the name. They've only had electricity a few years and it has already attracted a spate of expatriates and artist/craftsmen forming a community with the locals. I'll Pm it to you later. I might head there in a few years.

whats the difference?

I don't know, but my general thoughts are that the free market system is good at making wealth, but instead of trying to regulate fair outcomes by regulating the market I'm more in favor of using taxation for social services to get to those fair outcomes.

I think progressives are generally hostile to the free market idea

I don't know, but my general thoughts are that the free market system is good at making wealth, but instead of trying to regulate fair outcomes by regulating the market I'm more in favor of using taxation for social services to get to those fair outcomes.

I think progressives are generally hostile to the free market idea

You cant be both a "redistributionist" and pro-free market. They are contradictions in terms

You cant be both a "redistributionist" and pro-free market. They are contradictions in terms
Only if you treat "free market" like some kind of inflexible dogma. Free market and redistributive ideas can work hand-in-hand.

For example, I believe that public funding for education, including grants and financial aid for those who cannot afford higher education, is beneficial to a free market economy because it allows people to acquire skills and qualifications based on their talent and their own hard work, rather than the socioeconomic status of their parents. By redistributing money to lower income families, we can actually create a more efficient labor market.

Or another example in education is charter schools. I believe that charter schools can be effective solutions by introducing free market incentives into public education. While there is redistribution of government resources to poorer school districts, using a market-based solution to run the schools can provide better outcomes for students.

Archived