Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Political Affiliation (Poll)

kaffeen

Originally posted by Rdskns2000

Independent and proud of it. Would never become a democrat or republican. Like my independence. Don't need some party telling me how to vote. I'll vote my mind, when I choose to vote again. Sat out this time but can't wait for 2004.

I'm an Independent as well, but ...

You'd best choose to vote more often, or you will be chosen for. :)

I'm also an independent and I must agree with RiggoDrill here:

If you don't vote your doing yourself, your country, and all those who died for the right a disservice. Those who don't vote shouldn't b!tch about politics or current events.

man do I agree with 62. I think the state of our leadership is the sadest its ever been.

However, this is their shot to step up and impress and I hope they do. Who really wants the other guy to fail if he's elected? You want your county, state or country to be worse off in a few years?

That's just ****ed up.

I am a registered Independant. But I can only think of 1 major party candidate I have ever voted for who was not a Republican. Zell Miller. I now live in Fla and voted almost straight party ticket. I voted for a Dem in the State Senate race.

On local races I have probably voted more often for the GOP but not more than 60-40.

Those who don't vote shouldn't b!tch about politics or current events.

Untrue.

Voting is a privelege (a right, whatever) but it is not a pre-requisite to public service or public discontent. By not voting, some people are actually getting their voices heard.

In many a state this election year, the candidates were crap GOP vs. crap DEM. The difference between the two parties, for the majority, is neglible. Granted their are some extreme leftists and extreme rightists - but the majority are blurred across the party lines.

The problem is for most people, why vote when you are going to get the same slime in office?

This isnt my sentiments - but it is a justifiable reason for why the percentage of those voting seems to be shrinking.

Peace.

BTW - Why wasn't Populist listed as a choice? :D (Oh, I vote Independent - aka - none of your damn business ;))

Who's the other Libertarian on this board? If you don't mind, please show yourself (or you could send me a private message). Not a big deal, just curious.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I actually come from a line of Republican politicians, but left the party to become a Libertarian when it seemed to me they were wasting more time with social issues than restraining the growth in spending. When I told my Dad I'd become a Libertarian, his first words were "Where did I go wrong..."

I'm not Libertarian, but I have a lot of respect for their views on:

Foreign policy: Dismantle the World Bank, IMF, WTO -- Most aid programs hurt more than help. (I should know, I worked at the World Bank). Also, the US should mind its own business and not be the world's custodian and/or policeman.

Individual Liberty: If people want to smoke banana peels, have sex with farm animals, worship dirt, whatever ... that's their business, no matter how wierd or immoral I might think it is. As long as it doesn't directly threaten me, it's not the realm of the government.

I don't agree with most of their views on domestic political economy, but I at least respect the consistency of their arguments.

Originally posted by RiggoDrill

I'm an Independent as well, but ...

You'd best choose to vote more often, or you will be chosen for. :)

In Ohio, my choice was a bozo governor that got reelected vs. a bozo democrat. Nothing there to draw me in.

In 2004, I'll be drawn in because of he presidential election.

Voted for Pa Bush in 88, Clinton in 92- though I look at that as firing Bush and Voted for W in 2000. Plan to vote against Bush in 2004-probably registering a third party protest vote.

Somehow from the MaryJane thread on CPND, I knew Kilmer was libertarian. I also put down Lib. Neal Boortz is a nut, but I find myself agreeing with him many times.

Im definitely right of center, but will vote for a Dem if I feel he/she is a better candidate. A lot of who I vote for is determined by which issues they stress. Some issues are more important to me and on some issues I don't lean as far right as many republican candidates.

i'm a registered republican, but consider myself to be more in line with the libertarians. voted libertarian on this poll. also voted libertarian for the cali gov. race. simon and davis are both morons and amoral as hell. it amazes me (well not really) that the californians voted for all the propositions that spend 80+ billion dollars when we have a 23 billion deficit. where the hell will the money come from? while the programs are good, we can't pay for em. i'd like a new car. it would be a good thing. but i can't afford it, so i don't buy it. seems simple to me. guess not...:rolleyes:

Archived