Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Plummer to the Skins next year?? (ESPN chat tidbit)

macnoke03

The following question and answer took place in Jeremey Green's NFL chat:

Kevin (Manassas): What's good JG? What are your thoughts on Jason Campbell? Will he show Gibbs enough to go into next year as the #1 QB? I keep hearing rumors about Leftwich coming to the Skins next year.

sn2.gifJeremy Green: (4:40 PM ET ) Glad I am going to get a little look in the 2nd half of the season. Who their QB is next season will depend on how he plays. If he struggles, both Leftwich and Plummer will be in play for the Skins.

Say it ain't so :doh:

It's pure speculation, but it is very realistic.

Gibbs will never make a commitment to the future. Campbell doesn't need to simply grow to keep the starting job, he needs to win five games. If that doesn't happen he'll go back on the bench to "develop" more, while we go 5-11 with a veteran QB.

bitter much ...

Eli Manning went 1-6 when he became the starter 2 seasons ago. Did they bring in a new QB? No. :doh:

the redskins have a win now mentality.. never worked and never will.. until we figure out that we have to years to rebuild and groom a quarterback.. this franchise is not winning a superbowl for a long time

Unless JC looks flat-out terrible, they have to give him this year and all of next year. Think how bad Alex Smith looked last year -- people were labeling him a huge bust.

But we are talking about our front office here -- who knows what they do?

Was there this much speculation when Carson Palmer, Philip Rivers, Linehart, Romo sits to pee, and the other 3-4 1st year quarterbacks were given their jobs? Hell no, Campbell will be just fine. Let him learn this season, and let him terrorize next season. That's the way it works guys. Quit the signing of old men, and commit to your future. That's how championship teams are built.

Was there this much speculation when Carson Palmer, Philip Rivers, Linehart, Romo sits to pee, and the other 3-4 1st year quarterbacks were given their jobs? Hell no, Campbell will be just fine. Let him learn this season, and let him terrorize next season. That's the way it works guys. Quit the signing of old men, and commit to your future. That's how championship teams are built.

the smart guys of the redskins front office dont thikn like that:(

Leftwich wouldn't be bad , he's from the DC area too....that would be adding insult to injury, replacing Brunell with the man that replaced him Jacksonville....lol.....I've got faith in Campbell though.

That would be really funny actually. I wouldnt be as upset if Leftwich came in, but if we got the Plumber ( I know i spelled it wrong, quiet down over there :silly: ) Id be pissed. Im hoping Campbell wins a few and looks impressive so we wont have to throw next years draft picks out. Leftwich would be more then servicable though, but it would be yet another QB in their first year of the Saunders dink and dunk system, reading the 700 page screen pass manual.... yay. :(

The following question and answer took place in Jeremey Green's NFL chat:

Kevin (Manassas): What's good JG? What are your thoughts on Jason Campbell? Will he show Gibbs enough to go into next year as the #1 QB? I keep hearing rumors about Leftwich coming to the Skins next year.

sn2.gifJeremy Green: (4:40 PM ET ) Glad I am going to get a little look in the 2nd half of the season. Who their QB is next season will depend on how he plays. If he struggles, both Leftwich and Plummer will be in play for the Skins.

:blahblah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: - OMG! My sides hurt! I hear that Aikman is coming out of retirement and playing for the Redskins:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:, they are just too funny!

A good GM would have nothing to do with the 31 year old Plummer. He is getting older and to me looks like a player in the Brunell mold, smaller and depending upon his mobility to make plays. This isn't a guy that is going to live up to a big contract in free agency in 2007.

Archived