Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Plummer to the Skins next year?? (ESPN chat tidbit)

macnoke03

the redskins have a win now mentality.. never worked and never will.. until we figure out that we have to years to rebuild and groom a quarterback.. this franchise is not winning a superbowl for a long time

Dan Snyder and the organization still hasnt figure it out yet.

Bottom line, the media knows that if they are gonna speculate wildly then they have the best chance to be right speculating on the Redskins.

Unless Campbell totally bombs and shows nothing, and I do mean NOTHING, worst case would be that it is a three way competition next season.

But I for one think Campbell will be the starter next season, Gibbs drafted the guy to take the position and he will give him every opportunity to fufill it.

I love how the media, and apparently everyone here, hates on Jake so much. All he does is win...he's not perfect, but there is NO ONE in the league I would rather have leading my team in a pinch with 2:00 to go.

32-13 Regular season record since joining the Broncos.

The most 4th Quarter Game-winning Drives among active QB's...

With that said, we DO NOT need a QB. Seriously. No matter what, let's give Jason Campbell a full season at least.

Hows Jake in the playoffs?

OK. He is a gambler and not even a good one at that. The Broncos record is not because of Plummer, Shanahan has simply kept the reign tight and let his system go to work.

I don't think I would hand the Broncos record to Plummer either, but the fact remains, despite having a tendency to make a mistake here and there, the guy is a winner. He wins ball games. He won lots of ball games he shouldn't have when he was in Arizona. Again, don't think he should be our QB, I just feel like trashing him is the cool thing to do in this league, but for some reason he is a consistant starter. A consistant starter with one of the best winning %'s of active QBs and the most game winning drives among actives.

Leftwich - yes, please (if Campbell struggles)

Plummer - hell no!

Leftwich can throw the ball well. But he's about as mobile as a brick wall. Sorry, he certainly wouldn't be a solution.

We need a fast, accurate QB, so Plummer is also out of the picture (terribly inconsistent).

So, JC has got to do well. That's our only option right now.

Let's wait until the end of the season.

Right now I'm like everyone else, excited to see Jason play and to see his growth over these last 7 games.

But IF he looks horrible. I mean lost and pathetic to the point that Gibbs is forced to bring back Brunell :twitch: then all of a sudden bringing in Leftwich would not seem like such a terrible idea.

It's just way to premature to talk about next year right now. Until he proves otherwise, as far as I'm concerned Jason will be our quarterback for the next decade.

Living in the Rocky Mtn area all I get is Bronx news. At least 90% of the fans in this area cannot wait to get rid of Plummer. The Cutler era is upon the Broncos as is the Campbell era in DC. Plummer is under very tight control by Shannahan. Control only a few coaches have in this day. And he still plays BAD. If Plummer becomes a Redskin, I just might start watching baseball again.

Archived