Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Plummer to the Skins next year?? (ESPN chat tidbit)

macnoke03

Hell no to BOTH Plummer AND Leftwich.

Why would we want Leftwich, if he wasn't even good enough to beat the Skins, a team that has only beaten Houston and Dallas, besides Leftwich's team ?!?!?!?!

I don't know about you but I was at the jax game and there is no way that loss could be put solely on Leftwich. He was killing us all day. Standing in the pocket, getting nailed and still firing completions all over the field. I was impressed.

Leftwich didn't lose the game, Moss won it.:)

According to Wikipedia:

Leftwich is one of the largest (Height: 6-5 Weight: 242) and strongest (300-pound bench press … 370-pound squat … 286-pound power clean) starting quarterbacks in all of the NFL. This size and strength allows him to throw extremely fast bullet passes and deep balls with ease. He is not very fast and prefers to remain in the pocket regardless of how the offensive line is holding up. His size allows him to bounce off of blitzing linebackers on occasion. He rarely fumbles, and is very smart with the ball, posting one of the best touchdown to interception ratios in the NFL.

According to Wikipedia:

Leftwich is one of the largest (Height: 6-5 Weight: 242) and strongest (300-pound bench press … 370-pound squat … 286-pound power clean) starting quarterbacks in all of the NFL. This size and strength allows him to throw extremely fast bullet passes and deep balls with ease. He is not very fast and prefers to remain in the pocket regardless of how the offensive line is holding up. His size allows him to bounce off of blitzing linebackers on occasion. He rarely fumbles, and is very smart with the ball, posting one of the best touchdown to interception ratios in the NFL.

I thought Daunte Culpepper was the strongest, heaviest, and largest

A good GM would have nothing to do with the 31 year old Plummer. He is getting older and to me looks like a player in the Brunell mold, smaller and depending upon his mobility to make plays. This isn't a guy that is going to live up to a big contract in free agency in 2007.

31 years old.... in the mold of Brunell.... and if a good GM wouldnt touch him, that means Gibbs is definitely picking him up!!!! j/k :D Seriously though, we go through QB's around here faster then babies go through diapers.

no thank you. Campbell will establish himself as #1 and neither wants to come here to be #2

how exarly is getting plummer a upgrade over brunell?

and how exatly is brylon leftwich who has so many injuries an upgrade over a fresh kidd like campbell?

i will be funny if we sign plummer or leftwich and then we release campbell eagles picks him up and he takes over after mcnabb and hunts us for another 10 years

The following question and answer took place in Jeremey Green's NFL chat:

Kevin (Manassas): What's good JG? What are your thoughts on Jason Campbell? Will he show Gibbs enough to go into next year as the #1 QB? I keep hearing *rumors about Leftwich coming to the Skins next year.

sn2.gifJeremy Green: (4:40 PM ET ) Glad I am going to get a little look in the 2nd half of the season. Who their QB is next season will depend on how he plays. If he struggles, both Leftwich and Plummer will be in play for the Skins.

Say it ain't so :doh:

*"How do rumors get started,

Started by the jealous people" - Timex Social Club 1986

Eli Manning went 1-6 when he became the starter 2 seasons ago. Did they bring in a new QB? No. What an idiot. And what about Alex Smith?

If this team goes after another QB...... :doh:

The Jury is still out on Manning. I was listening to the FAN today and even thier own fans and radio talk show guys think that he is still very inconsistent.

According to Wikipedia:

You forgot "he gets hurt every year"

I love how the media, and apparently everyone here, hates on Jake so much. All he does is win...he's not perfect, but there is NO ONE in the league I would rather have leading my team in a pinch with 2:00 to go.

32-13 Regular season record since joining the Broncos.

The most 4th Quarter Game-winning Drives among active QB's...

With that said, we DO NOT need a QB. Seriously. No matter what, let's give Jason Campbell a full season at least.

Archived