Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

11 hours ago, c slag said:

The white jersey burgandy pants or burgundy jersey white pants represent the Super Bowl seasons for me 

The gold pants are ok but kinda represent the Shanahans seasons to me at least

Yes but during our SuperBowl seasons we NEVER wore the white pants at home, That was always a road uni when we played at Dallas and what seemed to always be at Arizona, sometimes Philly.

Like I said the only time we consistently wore the Burgundy Jersey on  white pants at home was during the Marty Shotteinheimer era

27 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Yes but during our SuperBowl seasons we NEVER wore the white pants at home, That was always a road uni when we played at Dallas and what seemed to always be at Arizona, sometimes Philly.

Like I said the only time we consistently wore the Burgundy Jersey on  white pants at home was during the Marty Shotteinheimer era

and pre-Gibbs.  Beathard intro'd them in 79 or 80 and I'm pretty sure we did the standard color at home, white away until Gibbs

12 hours ago, c slag said:

The white jersey burgandy pants or burgundy jersey white pants represent the Super Bowl seasons for me 

The gold pants are ok but kinda represent the Shanahans seasons to me at least

That's pretty short-sighted. The gold pants actually have a longer track record here than white pants do. I don't think we got white pants until after Allen's tenure (maybe while Pardee was here). We wore some type of gold pants from the 30s through the 70s.

So, yes, from time to time during the Super Bowl years we'd have to wear the white pants (it was rare simply because we chose to wear traditional "road" unis at home so we only ended up wearing "home" unis when we'd bump into another team who shared that philosophy), but I wouldn't say they were emblematic of that time period. 

If we are going to stay with dark jerseys at home, I wouldn't mind the gold pants. But, I'd love us to eventually go back to white-over-burgundy at home. That would be cool. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, -JB- said:

We can only hope & pray!  The mustard yellow is awful and needs to stay away!

I want an angry face or a thumbs down in the likes section.  That color is great and frankly I wish we had an alternate jersey in it

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, -JB- said:

The yellow pants are gross!  Not as bad with the burgundy jerseys but an absolute atrocity with the white jerseys! Lol

the yellow pants with the burgundy jerseys are gorgeous, however they look washed out with the white jerseys and they should never have been paired

Edited by carex

Can we just agree that gold jerseys on burgundy pants would be an atrocity? Or gold on gold? I think I remember there were some barbarians that liked our all gold color rush uniforms, but they were barbarians.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Can we just agree that gold jerseys on burgundy pants would be an atrocity? Or gold on gold? I think I remember there were some barbarians that liked our all gold color rush uniforms, but they were barbarians.

no we can't

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

That's pretty short-sighted. The gold pants actually have a longer track record here than white pants do. I don't think we got white pants until after Allen's tenure (maybe while Pardee was here). We wore some type of gold pants from the 30s through the 70s.

Agree with the gold pants in the 70s but personally for me I never got to see the Redskins play every week on television until after the Colts left Baltimore by that time the gold pants were shelved 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

We typically only wore the Burgandy on White when we played at Dallas and at NYG.  Dallas and NYG both wore (at the time) white at home.  My memory says that the Eagles and Cardinals wore color at home, but I was like 8-12, so my memory might be somewhat faulty. 

But absolutely remember about Dallas and NYG.  In fact, I remember a story somewhere from WAY back that said the 'Skins only wore the Burgundy jerseys twice a year....

One of the things they used to say about the Cowboys is that you always wanted to put them into the blues, because they just didn't look like the cowboys.  Which might have been the genesis of the white jerseys at home. Dallas also only wore the blues on the road at Washington and NYG.  And NYGs only wore the blues at Dallas and Washington.  It was like NFC East version of Kriss Kross

image.png.79a794925d16ac6d21ebaceaa7ab7ca1.png

10 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

We typically only wore the Burgandy on White when we played at Dallas and at NYG.  Dallas and NYG both wore (at the time) white at home.  My memory says that the Eagles and Cardinals wore color at home, but I was like 8-12, so my memory might be somewhat faulty. 

But absolutely remember about Dallas and NYG.  In fact, I remember a story somewhere from WAY back that said the 'Skins only wore the Burgundy jerseys twice a year....

One of the things they used to say about the Cowboys is that you always wanted to put them into the blues, because they just didn't look like the cowboys.  Which might have been the genesis of the white jerseys at home. Dallas also only wore the blues on the road at Washington and NYG.  And NYGs only wore the blues at Dallas and Washington.  It was like NFC East version of Kriss Kross

Mostly right...the Giants have ALWAYS been a blue-at-home team. During the Gibbs era, we never needed burgundy jerseys to play them (home or away). Dallas was always white at home. The other two (Philly and Arizona) seemed to mix and match. So, occasionally we'd wear the darks on the road against those teams, but not always (I'm guessing there was rhyme or reason to it maybe with heat or something). 

12 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Mostly right...the Giants have ALWAYS been a blue-at-home team. During the Gibbs era, we never needed burgundy jerseys to play them (home or away). Dallas was always white at home. The other two (Philly and Arizona) seemed to mix and match. So, occasionally we'd wear the darks on the road against those teams, but not always (I'm guessing there was rhyme or reason to it maybe with heat or something). 

Then there was another team that always wore white at home, because I distinctly remember the story that we had to break out the burgundy tops twice a year.  Maybe it was the Cards. I thought it was the Giants.  Or maybe the Giants wore white at home when they played Dallas to put Dallas in the blues, because that was a thing...

God, the 80's were so long ago.  I found out I needed "progressive lenses" yesterday.  Or modern day bifocals.  I'm getting old.

10 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

One school of thought about Gibbs preferring to wear white at home was that he was influenced by his time in Tampa and San Diego. Tampa has been known to wear white at home often (not exclusively) and during the Air Coryell years in San Diego (Gibbs was the O Coordinator), the Chargers wore white at home full-time.

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Then there was another team that always wore white at home, because I distinctly remember the story that we had to break out the burgundy tops twice a year.  Maybe it was the Cards. I thought it was the Giants.  Or maybe the Giants wore white at home when they played Dallas to put Dallas in the blues, because that was a thing...

God, the 80's were so long ago.  I found out I needed "progressive lenses" yesterday.  Or modern day bifocals.  I'm getting old.

It was usually up for grabs with Philly or Arizona (only after they moved to Arizona). I think early in the year they'd wear white at home and then later in the year they'd switch to dark. So, if we played in Arizona or Philly in the first few games of the year, we'd be in our burgundy jerseys. That plus Dallas and sometimes a random other opponent (Tampa for example), is really all I can remember from the Gibbs years. 

13 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Remember at the old Texas stadium they would put a Redskins logo colored pad at the bottom of one of the goal posts and that stupid cowboys mascot would use it as a punching bag