Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

• 3 months later...
On 11/30/2017 at 7:14 PM, -JB- said:

If the Skins lose tonight , retire these god awful burgundy on burgundy uniforms once & for all.

This.  And also.  The yellow pants are ugly as hell.  Can we just go back to the white jersey/burgundy pants at home.  It’s clearly the coolest look we have.  

?

Edited by -JB-

38 minutes ago, -JB- said:

This.  And also.  The yellow pants are ugly as hell.  Can we just go back to the white jersey/burgundy pants at home.  It’s clearly the coolest look we have.  

?

I sill think Burgundy jerseys, White Pants and Burgundy socks is the best.

HTTR 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, -JB- said:

?

Not as long as Allen is making the decision.

Mustard and ketchup will rule the day. :huh:

Edited by SkinsGuy
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, -JB- said:

?

the yellow pants are great.

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

I sill think Burgundy jerseys, White Pants and Burgundy socks is the best.

HTTR 

the white pants are boring as hell, I hope we never go back to them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, -JB- said:

The yellow pants are an abomination.  The white jersey/yellow pants combination was just plain terrible lol

I won't argue the white and yellow is terrible, but so is the burgundy jersey/white pants.  It's just boring as hell

2 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

Its a good look, but I don't want to see it 14 times a year.

I never minded!  Couple games a year with the white pants/burgundy jersey was cool.  Yellow pants at least 8 times a year is just sickening lol

2 hours ago, carex said:

I won't argue the white and yellow is terrible, but so is the burgundy jersey/white pants.  It's just boring as hell

Boring, maybe.  Terrible, no.

3 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

Its a good look, but I don't want to see it 14 times a year.

14 times a year?? Where you come up with that math ? or is that the amount of games you watch until you get fed up with the teams **** ?? that would be more understandable actually 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

14 times a year?? Where you come up with that math ? or is that the amount of games you watch until you get fed up with the teams **** ?? that would be more understandable actually 

In fact

that's about how often we saw it in the old days,  The problem is the home team always chooses the color.  If we choose white on red at home, and then most of our opponents choose to wear their color jersey in their home game we'll almost never wear the burgundy jersey.  In fact, during Gibbs 1 it got the the point we only saw it when we played the Cowboys in Texas Stadium

• Like 1

The novelty of the mustard yellow pants with the dark jerseys has worn off for me, too. I was one of the biggest supporters of it at first but as with other recent attempts by management to win me other with nostalgia of the "glory years," all its done is remind me that I was born after they were over (which has deepened my resentment toward the organization and its leadership)

I mean, hey, good on Bruce for paying tribute to his old man but if we keep with them, they ought to go with a darker/muted shade.

You know - actual burgundy and gold. 

Baugh_throws.jpg

d3593152d17a17d6a89012d7d80f06d6.jpg

You can still cynically use fan nostalgia to squeeze more money out of them but at least the players will look better.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Our uniforms need a complete overhaul.

It's time to bring this team into the 2020's, not stuck in the 1970's.

The 2010's are neon colors with digital clock numbers. I fear what 2020's are going to bring.

3 hours ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Our uniforms need a complete overhaul.

It's time to bring this team into the 2020's, not stuck in the 1970's.

That's just begging to be laughed at 20-30 years down the line, though. Chasing design trends is seldom a good idea in the long run. I mean, how many cringy  logos and uniforms have we seen from teams over the years? I'm still not convinced people actually came around on the Buccaneers Creamsicle unis. That's gotta be an example of the 40-year-rule. 

I don't think the uniforms or even the base color scheme is beyond repair. The numbers & names are easily readable and the colors burgundy & gold aren't a bad combination - as long as they're actually burgundy and gold, not "slightly darker red and bright yellow."

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Actually, I think you found the one way to make everyone angry. :P

Sometimes, that's the only way that makes people actually work together and come up with their own solution.

This thread does make me wonder what separates a classic, timeless design from the rest. Yankees have been rocking the pinstripes and the interlocked NY for nigh on a century. Despite moving across the country, the Dodgers have basically had the same uniforms since the Great Depression. Packers have had the green, yellow, and "G" on the helmet since the Lombardi years. Halas was still owner/coach when the Bears first broke out the blue and orange with the skinny, sans-serif numerals. Lakers uniforms have gone mostly unchanged since The Squire owned the team (I think the color change to the current gold, white, and purple was his idea). The "Original 6" in the NHL have basically had the same uniforms since it was just them playing for the Stanley Cup. 

Is it just association with winning teams? Is it simplicity? Is it something else? Is it a combination of it all?

On 3/26/2018 at 10:58 AM, thebluefood said:

I mean, hey, good on Bruce for paying tribute to his old man but if we keep with them, they ought to go with a darker/muted shade.

You know - actual burgundy and gold. 

This would be my vote. I would love to recreate the 1960s look. I love how the Jets and Giants did that back in the early-2000s and think it's the most classic NFL era. 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2018 at 10:58 AM, thebluefood said:

You can still cynically use fan nostalgia to squeeze more money out of them but at least the players will look better.

not to my eyes.  I mean I guess that burgundy is okay, but the gold?  Ugly as hell.  Of course to me, that's closer to mustard yellow, but I don't think of French's mustard as mustard yellow, I tend to think of Dijon mustards as closer to actual mustard color

Edited by carex
  • Like 1