Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I'm fine with the all gold one night only color rush. 

I'm fine compromising as mentioned previously. White jersey/burgundy pants on the road, burgundy jersey/gold pants at home. That should be the default

Mix it up occasionally tho with white/gold, white/white, burgundy/white burgundy/burgundy a time or two a year. Just so it stays fresh. 

Send the anniversary uniforms back to the dark corner of hell they came from. Send Bruce Allen there too if he signed off on them. 

Then we just need to modernize a design based around those schemes or worst case, fix the striping to match 

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I like the color rush. Only a handful of throwbacks are good anyway. Leave them in the past where they belong 

agree, though I wish teams would be a bit smarter about the designs.  An all aqua uniform is much more obvious and would look better for the Dolphins, while the bengals could pull off ornge and black

In fact the theme for color rush should be unseen color combos, not all one color

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I like the color rush. Only a handful of throwbacks are good anyway. Leave them in the past where they belong 

Serious? I think there are a bunch of throwbacks that look great. Would be cool to bring back Denver's old school ones from the Elway years. Or the Patriots' ones from the Grogan era. LOVED the red tops with the guy hiking the ball on the helmet. Would also be cool to see the Giants uniforms from the Simms days. Or Eagles, from the Jaworski days. I could go on and on.

16 minutes ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

Serious? I think there are a bunch of throwbacks that look great. Would be cool to bring back Denver's old school ones from the Elway years. Or the Patriots' ones from the Grogan era. LOVED the red tops with the guy hiking the ball on the helmet. Would also be cool to see the Giants uniforms from the Simms days. Or Eagles, from the Jaworski days. I could go on and on.

Eagles - Cunningham era

chargers - powder blue (irrelevant tho since it's now their alternate)

Denver - Elways era 

Pats - They already have the Red throwback alternate jerseys so that's really all that's needed 

Titans - Oilers jerseys. 

Those are really the only throwbacks that are worth seeing IMO. Everything else is old and trash. Still each one of those is late 80s/early 90s. We don't need to go back to the 70s and 60s to get inspiration for throwbacks. 

Id just rather have a modernized alternate. I'm tired of living in the past 

10 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Eagles - Cunningham era

chargers - powder blue (irrelevant tho since it's now their alternate)

Denver - Elways era 

Pats - They already have the Red throwback alternate jerseys so that's really all that's needed 

Titans - Oilers jerseys. 

Those are really the only throwbacks that are worth seeing IMO. Everything else is old and trash. Still each one of those is late 80s/early 90s. We don't need to go back to the 70s and 60s to get inspiration for throwbacks. 

Id just rather have a modernized alternate. I'm tired of living in the past 

Bengals - Ken Anderson SB days

Bronco - Elway days

Dolphins - Czonka days

Patriots - Grogan days 

Jets - Richard Todd days

Chargers - Fouts era

Falcons - Bartkowski days

LA Rams - Ferragamo ones

Vikings - Tarkenton ones

Giants - Simms days

Eagles - Cunningham or Jaworski

Niners - 80s SB ones 

Seahawks - Largent and Zorn era

Bucs - creamsicles

Thats nearly half the league. But yeah, probably wouldn't work since all teams, or even half, don't really have any.

Still wish teams would wear them more. But not those hideous Steeler ones. Those are downright embarrassing.:stop:

I forgot the Bucs creamsicle and red helmet Falcon ones. They should be added. Falcons already have that one I believe. But the Vikings, Jets, 49ers Dolphins and Bengals just aren't unique enough to warrant a throwback. They're too similar to what they already have or had just a handful of  years ago.  The Seahawks old uniforms, well any uniform from existence to 2012 can be buried in the Laurentian Abyss. 

• 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

They can use the same helmet.  Take the stripes off and put new face masks on.  Same helmets.

Yup.  I hate the rule, gives some teams the ability to do throwbacks and some not.  Like the Dolphins can just replace stickers, the Rams still have the navy instead of the royal blue and they change the gold to yellow ram sticker, etc.  This is actually pretty good giving what they have to deal with.  I would, though, like to see the logo on the sleeve on the helmet, but that is completely me.

This must be one of the 'fun and exciting things' we're doing with our uniforms this year, according to Bruce. Something different anyway.

I'm actually a fan of the throwbacks... WITH the helmets that were supposed to go with them. I get the whole player safety thing, but it seems to me like there would be ways around that. 

It's all good, at least we got the white on burgundy look back. Hopefully it's here to stay!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I think a lot of the reason is that now they can only use one helmet (for safety reasons). So, teams have to get creative on how to re-purpose their existing helmets for one week. 

I really don't get that rule... whats wrong with using the same custom fitting data to create multiple helmets? I doubt Money is an issue. It also doesn't seem to be an issue to the NCAA either as it seems any given Division 1 team has 4 different helmets they play with (7 if you're Oregon).

So what happens when there's a game with serious Playoff implications at stake and the Star Player/ League Golden Boy gets a cracked or malfunctioning helmet in the 2nd quarter?

"Sorry Dak, you can't play because you don't have a spare lid"

That's when that rule gets tossed.

PS: I love Burg Top/ Gold Pants for home

Don't mind White Top/ Burg Pants for road

Would be interested in seeing Color Rush Gold top with Burg pants as an alternate.

On 10/1/2016 at 4:26 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I saw some pics of the color rush, they looked pretty sweet to me. As for the old school uni's I would like to see a modern take on them. The Jets and Giants got it right..Honestly I love the 75th anniversary ones. Brown helmet, two color schemes and thats it.. I wish we could wear them on the road too.

2 hours ago, hawgboy said:

I really don't get that rule... whats wrong with using the same custom fitting data to create multiple helmets? I doubt Money is an issue. It also doesn't seem to be an issue to the NCAA either as it seems any given Division 1 team has 4 different helmets they play with (7 if you're Oregon).

1.  Its CYA on the concussion front.

2.  It's a Branding thing.  They want the teams brands/colors to be easily recognizable.  If you have one helmet, you can't stray from the color combo (IE - Jets blue/gold, Eagles blue/yellow, other odd throwbacks, etc)  However, teams try to do their best to get around it.  Redskins wear a darker jersey, but same helmets.  Rams keep the dark blue helmet, but brighter gold ram head, etc.