Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

So are the Redskins doing anything to their uniforms this season? From what I understand, there will be no throwbacks, and the burgundy pants will return. Is this correct?

re: Changes to the uniform. I'm on board with minor tweaks, but nothing drastic. Ever notice how the classic looking uniforms are typically considered the best (current Redskins unis, Raiders, Giants, Jets, etc...). The worst unis are always the crazy ones with stupid piping / stripes.

If we have to change things, I'd just like to see more consistency. For example, when the team wears the home uniform, the socks have multiple stripes, the helmets have 3 stripes, the gold pants have 3 stripes, the white and burgundy pants have 2 stripes, and the jerseys (both home and away) have two stripes on the bottom of the sleeve. This is what needs to me cleaned up IMO.

1. Make the pants all have 3 stripes (I think the striping on the gold pants looks better than the white / burgundy pants).

2. Remove the double stripes at the jersey sleeve bottom. make this a single color band. For the home jerseys, make it a gold band. For the away, make it a burgundy band.

3. Get rid of the multi-color sock stripes. Use white socks with solid burgundy tops. This will work for all pants colors.

4. Make the white stripes on the helmet thinner like it was back in the 70's and 80's. The white stripes are nearly as thick as the middle gold one. Looked better with the contrast.

5. Remove the gold trim on the burgundy jersey's numbers. Looked better when it was a solid white number. Do this for the white jerseys too. Make it a solid burgundy number.

6. Use the colors from the 70th anniversary uniform. THAT is B&G. Not the cranberry and shiny yellow it is today.

Edited by Diesel Hog

We probably all better be careful about what we are saying about other team's unis. We might be in the same situation some day. Just a thought.

We've already been ridiculed for having "Ronald McDonald" uniforms.

---------- Post added April-24th-2013 at 01:20 PM ----------

Oh, forgot #7...

7. Get rid of the absolutely ridiculous looking horse collar thing on the white jerseys.

Seriously, who's idea what that? Very, very bad looking.

Nike's!

Oh, forgot #7...

7. Get rid of the absolutely ridiculous looking horse collar thing on the white jerseys.

Seriously, who's idea what that? Very, very bad looking.

I die a little every time I see those.

We've already been ridiculed for having "Ronald McDonald" uniforms.

Gold pants are good every once in a while as an alternate, but let's go back to white over burgundy. Nothing beats that classic look.

I wish they'd have stayed with the white pants as their default away uniform, and done away with the purple pants. Purple pants are about as awkward as awkward can be.

And I think the "Ronald McDonald" stuff comes from the multicolored cleats, not the actual uniform, though I do kind of chuckle, imagining RGIII running with a box of McNuggets in hand. I love the burg on gold look anyway, cleats included.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Gold pants are good every once in a while as an alternate, but let's go back to white over burgundy. Nothing beats that classic look.

Gold pants are technically more "classic" than burgundy.

Home should be Burgundy jerseys / Gold pants. This IS the classic look.

Away should be White jerseys / Burgundy pants. This is also classic, and reminds folks of the glory days.

We should also do the 70th anniversary for an Alt. Home uniform, and White jerseys / Gold pants as an Alt. road uniform.

1. Make the pants all have 3 stripes (I think the striping on the gold pants looks better than the white / burgundy pants).

I actually like the double stripe. It's uniquely Redskin.

2. Remove the double stripes at the jersey sleeve bottom. make this a single color band. For the home jerseys, make it a gold band. For the away, make it a burgundy band.

Ok. Doesn't make a difference to me.

3. Get rid of the multi-color sock stripes. Use white socks with solid burgundy tops. This will work for all pants colors.

Yes please.

4. Make the white stripes on the helmet thinner like it was back in the 70's and 80's. The white stripes are nearly as thick as the middle gold one. Looked better with the contrast.

5. Remove the gold trim on the burgundy jersey's numbers. Looked better when it was a solid white number. Do this for the white jerseys too. Make it a solid burgundy number.

No, the trim looks better imo. It makes the numbers look more robust.

6. Use the colors from the 70th anniversary uniform. THAT is B&G. Not the cranberry and shiny yellow it is today.

Yeah, that would look sick.

---------- Post added April-24th-2013 at 02:18 PM ----------

Gold pants are technically more "classic" than burgundy.

Well, I meant classic in the sense of it having a higher grade or value. Like, "that movie is an instant classic."

No, the trim looks better imo. It makes the numbers look more robust.

I disagree...I think it takes away. The solid color numbers look sharper to me. Here is an example:

$T2eC16FHJGYE9nooiLRzBREUtD2PyQ~~60_35.JPG

IMG_1444.jpg

---------- Post added April-24th-2013 at 02:28 PM ----------

I wish they'd have stayed with the white pants as their default away uniform, and done away with the purple pants. Purple pants are about as awkward as awkward can be.

Man, I love the purple pants. That could be that's b/c purple is one of my favorite colors though. I'm glad the Vikes are sticking with it.

Edited by Diesel Hog

Man, I love the purple pants. That could be that's b/c purple is one of my favorite colors though. I'm glad the Vikes are sticking with it.

Yeah, have to give the Vikes props for switching back to the older shade or deeper shade of purple. The new purple look to much like sweetart or a purple Spree that had been sucked on for a while

As far as our beloved Skins, I cannot say I would be against a uniform redux. I can't beleive that the folks in marketing and the FO would miss a chance to build on the momentum of RGIII and revamp the uniform for instant $ales, they might wait one more year but I think it would be coming. Didn't the Broncos uniform change come under Shanahan? Was he a driving force or innocent bystander. A little different situation since the Big D was associated with losing Super Bowls and our proud uniform is associated with winning them but I have to think something is in the pipeline already.

I agree with all of your points, especially the striping except for #6. I hate those old bland throwback colors. The colors we have now are much more energetic and crisper. If we tweak the uniforms as you mentioned and left the colors the same I would be happy.

I also do like the new collars on the jersey last year. It was a new look and kind of looked like a polo. I don't know I was happy with it. It sort of modernizes the uniform a tad but not drastically.

---------- Post added April-24th-2013 at 02:55 PM ----------

I know people don't like it, but I would really really really love to see the return of white on whites.

If we have the white pants again, I'd prefer white on white over burgundy jersey/white pants.

---------- Post added April-24th-2013 at 02:57 PM ----------

I disagree...I think it takes away. The solid color numbers look sharper to me. Here is an example:

I must have read this incorrectly the first time because I also do like the trim on the jersey number and would prefer to keep it.

I must have read this incorrectly the first time because I also do like the trim on the jersey number and would prefer to keep it.

Ah, no worries. I figured that one would not be too popular. I just think it looks sharper, but then again, I'm a "less is more" kinda guy. Speaking of, the jersey below is my favorite Skins jersey, and it is super basic (which I love). I also really like the Gold pants with the single Burgundy stripe.

JERGENSEN.jpg

Ah, no worries. I figured that one would not be too popular. I just think it looks sharper, but then again, I'm a "less is more" kinda guy. Speaking of, the jersey below is my favorite Skins jersey, and it is super basic (which I love). I also really like the Gold pants with the single Burgundy stripe.

http://tlipari.com/picture/autograph/NFL_PHOTOS/JERGENSEN.jpg

Haha I hear you but I gotta disagree. No offense lol but those are hideous. I think I'd listen to the games on the radio if I was forced to watch that.