Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Those of you that want to keep the gold pants, are you talking about our current color, which is more yellow like or gold like what Baylor had on their jerseys?

As I was corrected about much, much earlier in this thread (may have even been a different calendar year), Redskins "gold" is listed on the color chart as gold. I prefer that gold, rather than metallic gold. And that may have been the most personal uses of "gold" in a single sentence.

So a user at Sportslogos.com had this to say...

"Washington Redskins: no real color changes, but since the aforementioned Gold pants have apparently been scrapped, the lighter Burgundy used in said pants has been removed."

I think they are going off us using the white pants in the Nike unveiling. Still haven't seen anything official on the gold pants.

i hope that we come up with some "new" uniforms that resemble the ones we wore in the 60s. in a way, it is a shame we wasted those sweet throwbacks on the spurrier era. but, that is the best we have looked since i started the following the team. i also liked the 1994 throwbacks as well.

Are those the ones with the spear helmet? LOVE those. Always make my Madden team wear them. :ols:

So a user at Sportslogos.com had this to say...

"Washington Redskins: no real color changes, but since the aforementioned Gold pants have apparently been scrapped, the lighter Burgundy used in said pants has been removed."

That quote came from "ColorWerx", who is a very reliable source of uniforms and uniform colors. This has me worried that we're ditching the gold pants for sure.

Guest Spearfeather
That quote came from "ColorWerx", who is a very reliable source of uniforms and uniform colors. This has me worried that we're ditching the gold pants for sure.

I think the gold pants would look even better now. The Nike pants don't apper to be as " shiny "

bilde?NewTbl=1&Site=U0&Date=20120403&Category=PKR01&ArtNo=204030808&Ref=PH&Item=1&Maxw=640&Maxh=410&q=60

Hey guys, just a quick question. Was about to order my son a Kerrigan Nike jersey this morning and noticed something different. Is it me, or do "kids" jersey appear to be a completely different color than the "youth" jerseys? I realize these are stock photos but I thought it was weird that they were so different. Any ideas?

Here is the link:

http://store.redskins.com/cart.php?m=product_list&c=585

Hey guys, just a quick question. Was about to order my son a Kerrigan Nike jersey this morning and noticed something different. Is it me, or do "kids" jersey appear to be a completely different color than the "youth" jerseys? I realize these are stock photos but I thought it was weird that they were so different. Any ideas?

Here is the link:

We bought my son an Orakpo onsie that we brought him home from the hospital in... it was the only onsie/toddler jersey that looked like an adult one (color scheme, material, meshing, etc). Any other toddler jersey that we've been able to get him have been knock-offs (just due to availability), but the fact that kids are smaller means that some of the stuff just won't fit on the uniform... like the burgandy and gold stripes on the sleeve would be the ENTIRE sleeve, for instance. So it's expected that there be a little difference.

EDIT: But that burgandy is much brighter... I love it, personally.

Edited by DC9

I've scoured this thread quite a bit but couldn't find the answer to my question, but has there been any word as to when the alternates will be revealed? I saw on one forum that the date was May 10th, but I couldnt find any evidence anywhere else to back that up

Guest Spearfeather
I've scoured this thread quite a bit but couldn't find the answer to my question, but has there been any word as to when the alternates will be revealed? I saw on one forum that the date was May 10th, but I couldnt find any evidence anywhere else to back that up
Originally posted by Painkiller

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but Larry Michael said on "Redskins Nation" on Tuesday that the team would likely be announcing an 80th Alternative Uniform on May 10th, along with various other 80th anniversary items of interest. I don't have a link, but I watch the show pretty much everyday.

Here is the link:

Yea, the Browns kids jersey is a different color as well. Weird.

With reebok there was 3 types of jerseys the replica semi pro and authentic. Nike has two gameday and elite to me the pictures look like the numbers on the gameday ones look better then the replicas of reebok. does anyone know what they actually look like i am kind of scared to purchase it seems like it might be an over priced replica.

How come the last few responses never display? The thread says it has 332 pages, but I can only view up through 331?!

Anyway, the official uniform style guide does not have our gold pants. I've been told it's reliable, but to not take it as gospel as several teams let variations pop up through the year that weren't in the style guide.