Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

The Bucs, Pats, and Broncos changes were nice, because their older unis all had cartoonish and/or homosexual cartoon characters on them. We have a dignified-looking Native American on ours. It looks classy and respectable. We shouldn't change it just for the sake of change.

I remember when the Bullets and Capitals changed their unis in the 90s. It was exciting for about 5 minutes, and then they were awful to look at and I couldn't wait for the new look to go away. I think a new Skins uni would be the same.

Very curious to see what Nike does with the new jerseys. Looking to pick an RG3 one up as soon as it becomes available. :logo:

If they are smart Nike will discuss any changes with the individual teams before making any changes. Snyder is business savvy enough to know not to change the Skins Uni and to most likely market several alternative jerseys that will never be seen on the field.

If they do change the jerseys up I hope they use more of an old school style, but I am NOT for Nike coming into the NFL and having their combat jerseys or whatever. I personally think that is the stupidest movement right now. It makes the players look more like robots than football players.

I say no. The Washington franchise is a staple of tradition. Bringing back old uniforms is one thing. In fact, I've liked them all. But to create something entirely new at this point...I think that would be close to blasphemy.

It's now RG3's time to refresh the franchise...not the laundry he wears.

Precisely. One of the best aspects of the Redskins franchise is its rich tradition. There aren't too many 80-year old pro sports teams, and I love our uniforms' old fashioned look and feel. I never mind when go with a throwback one (70th anniversary spear helmets, etc.) but I'll throw up if we start looking like the Oregon Ducks.

Griffin's play will be all the modernity we need!

Edited by Timmy Smith

How can you give a team that's called the REDskins black uniforms??? I say heck no!

---------- Post added March-19th-2012 at 02:21 PM ----------

I like the jerseys from the 80s through now and think we should keep them. That said if they were to update the striping to something like the Broncos stripe which is en vougue is be open to it only if its a similar look as the regular jerseys meaning the should keep the same color combo.

I like it just the way it is. The gold pants and burgundy top was a bad *** combo last year and I hope we stick with it.

Also, generally I would say I'm not a fan of all white on white, but watching some RGIII Baylor highlights I saw how fast he looks running in all white. So I would be down with maybe Nike working that in. I'm fine with a little change to get guys excited, but nothing major. We have a classic look that I have loved my whole life knowing the skins and don't want to end up looking like the Vikings or the Cardinals and their terrible changes.

Edited by SKINS'n'Spurs

I guess I'm getting old, but damn I hate when teams or their fans try to incorperate "black" uniforms into their color scheme. Do you really think players look over at the other team and say , "damn, they look really intimadating in their all black,"? The Falcons did that in the early 90s with Jerry Glanville. They changed from the red to black uniforms and helmets. Glanville actually wore all black in the sidelines. He even wore it when he was with the Houston Oilers. It's really stupid to think the color of a uniform is intimidating. The only team I can think of that could have pulled it off was the 1970s Oakland Raiders. They weren't intimidating because of their uniform color, they were intimidating because of their play.

Part of sports is mental. You look good, you feel good, you play well.

Example: The Bucs wearing those putrid orange uniforms and getting beaten down by everyone. They looked like a joke, they got taken behind the woodshed like a joke.

Edited by Zazzaro703

Part of sports is mental. You look good, you feel good, you play well.

Example: The Bucs wearing those putrid orange uniforms and getting beaten down by everyone. They looked like a joke, they got taken behind the woodshed like a joke.

What about the Packers old retros? I think they look ugly as hell but they win regardless.