Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

But my preference is burgundy jerseys over white pants. it's a clean yet rugged look that no other team has in the league. We looked sweet against Tampa when we wore them.

Now I can't stand the mustard, Ronald Mc Donald ,Hulk Hogan yellow pants. Every time I look at 70's films I cringe because it looks so sloppy. I know Bruce Allen was bringing back the tradition of his late father but those pants need to stay in history. If anyone likes that combination something is wrong with their eye site. It's like saying you enjoy looking at ketchup and mustard on your hotdog.

I'm glad the redskins decided to look as sweet as they played today! White pants= win!!

Don't the Cowboys wear their blue-ish throwbacks on Thanksgiving? If so, the Skins will wear white, and knowing Bruce, the gold pants will be back on Thursday.

I think they wear their white with blue shoulders with the star on the shoulder. Which means we'd be in burg tops and gold pants or burg tops and white pants.

I dont understand what rhyme or reason we have to keep switching the uniform looks up? Where were the gold pants today? No I don't think we won because we had a boring uniform on

you're obviously new here :ols:

BTW, national television on turkey day, would've been a good day to roll out the throwbacks (especially with the cool looking "leather" helmets)

I dont understand what rhyme or reason we have to keep switching the uniform looks up? Where were the gold pants today? No I don't think we won because we had a boring uniform on

I agree you must be new....i mean there is an entire thread about our uniforms....Also, your name is interesting. Is it because RG3 can throw so fast that the ball can warp through time/space and end up in the hands of Art Monk? If so that's pretty cool and unreal.

Edited by PerryMason

Again, for the 800th time. With us bringing in the 80th anny uniforms, we can only have "THREE" pants for the season. We kept the white, kept the gold and will use the 80th pants twice this year (Carolina, NYG).

We shelved the burgundy pants for "ONLY" this year. They will return next year when we won't have an 81st anniversary jersey. The team will continue from here on out in the coming seasons to wear, burgundy, white or gold pants, probably until the 90th anniversary. They will continue to switch between white and gold pants at home with the burgundy jersey and burgundy or gold pants with a white jersey on the road.

If you guys want to pick what the team wears on Sunday, cut Danny a check for 2 billion and you will have some input into it. Until then, we will be subject to the whims of the coaches, players, Danny, and Bruce Allen.

The white on white look was a player requested lucky charm during the Gibbs years. The burgundy on burgundy is a painful reminder of brutal losses during the Zorn era. We are not likely to see either combo for years to come.

Bruce Allen loves the gold pants; but clearly understands fans' affinity for the Burgundy/White combos due to the success the team enjoyed with them during the first Gibbs era.

I would say we will see a heavy rotation of the burgundy tops and gold pants combo both at FedEx and against teams that choose to wear their whites at home (like the Cowboys always do) as long as Bruce Allen is with the team. We will likely see both of the classic burgundy pants/white tops combo and the white pants/burgundy tops combo for at least one game per year each.

Since Bruce seems to like the gold pants, I would say that we will see the white tops/gold pants combo on the road more often than white tops/burgundy pants combo. Remember, each team is allowed to wear their alternate/throwback uniform for 2 games per season. We will be wearing these again for the Monday Night Game against the Giants. The only way I can see these traditions changing while Bruce is around is if the team goes on some incredible winning streak wearing a certain color combo like they did with the white on white in 2005.

I also think we will see a new throwback/alternate jersey each season from now on as it gives Nike and the Skins more opportunities to make money. The days of seeing the Skins wear just 2 uniform combos for home and away are long gone. Apparel manufacturers have realized what an incredible amount of money can be made by releasing new jerseys. In fact, most European soccer teams now come out with a different home jersey EVERY SINGLE YEAR to maximize retail profits. Since Nike is a huge sponsor of European soccer, I expect them to follow a similar model with NFL jerseys. Get ready for new throwbacks every year!

Edited by E33Green