Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

RT“@DwavY “@CarbonPrimo Orakpo stated that the Redskins were one of the few teams that really wanted to take the jerseys to the next level with their alternates.””

This was retweeted by LL maybe the Redskins alternate jerseys will be crazy like the Oregon jerseys.

Edited by thecardiacrll

Orakpo just said that we are one of the few teams that are taking our alternate uniforms to the next level this season.

Where did he say that? Twitter? I'm really excited.

I like the new Seahawks. I know a lot of people will hate it and would hate for us to change, but I just think it's time. It's not like the current design has been the same one we've used for close to 80 years, it's changed before I don't see why it can't change again.

RT“@DwavY “@CarbonPrimo Orakpo stated that the Redskins were one of the few teams that really wanted to take the jerseys to the next level with their alternates.””

This was retweeted by LL maybe the Redskins alternate jerseys will be crazy like the Oregon jerseys.

Really wanted to is different, from actually DID do it. Are there any pictures of the alternate yet?

I'm guessing it's a gold jersey...

I'm not all that concerned, about no big changes on uni's.

The shoes & gloves to me, are very cool.

They already give the uni's some spunk as a whole.

I like that.

Then we will have RG3's left arm band, which will no doubt be funky.

That to me, is plenty.

I do hope they get a little funky with the alternates though.

I would love to see a modernized 1970 Lombardi look.

That would rock!

I'm all with that!

I like what we have now but a wacky alternate to wear once or twice a year might be cool.

I agree. I would rather they have gold pants rather than the white ones.
Theres alot they didnt show...Think about it all we saw was the Burgundy jersey what about the white jersey. They didn't show the Burgundy pants or gold pants so I see alot of people getting upset because there was no gold pants but they really didn't show much.

Personally I'm pleased they have not changed the look much - it's a classic look which links to a successful past (at least for fans of my generation). I really hope they don't do an Oregon type neon monstrosity for an alternate uniform.

---------- Post added April-3rd-2012 at 01:51 PM ----------

It looks like 'Rak got oiled up for that photo-shoot.

This in a thread about fashion and colour combinations :evilg:

I'm guessing it's a gold jersey...

I'd like to see that! I mean, it could be really cool, or plain terrible. I think it would only work with burgundy pants though...Gold on Gold, or Gold on White just wouldn't look good.

Someone did a mock up a few years ago, so it could look something like:

5160317464_ecd4fe2722.jpg

I agree. I would rather they have gold pants rather than the white ones.

Last I checked, Skins colors were still burgundy AND gold, yet we continue to see white pants with tiny gold accents on the helmets and shoes. Now, I'm not totally opposed to wearing white pants once a season, but I liked the return to the old school burgundy jerseys/gold pants last year. It made us look like the Redskins again.

I read that most teams are getting subtle updates but that over the next couple of years you'll see more drastic changes. Besides, I like our classic look. Sure, it can get updated a bit, but I don't want to look like an AFL team out there.