Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Hall Appreciation Thread

method man

It looks like Hall's career with us is now over. A lot of Skins fans have short term memories and only remember this season. I, however, remember the first two seasons he was here. In those two seasons, he was the best kicker we had since I started watching the Skins in 99. He was money inside the 40 and he still is. He was also one hell of a tackler for a kicker. It is a shame that his career got derailed by injuries. I wish Hall good luck in his future endeavors.

Hall refused to put the best interests of the team ahead of himself. He has been a complete disaster for the past 2 seasons, and has been doing his best to collect his lucrative paycheck while producing nothing on the field. His poor kicking cost us game 1, and partly precipitated the tailspin that was the giants game. It's unfortunate that it took serious injury to remove such an ineffective player from the lineup, and I wonder if that's how the coaches will be treating all the other positions as well....

Now that I'm done ranting, he did have his moments, and I don't fault the team for bringing him here since he was a good kicker. But he is most certainly done, and we tried to ride him much longer than we should have.

Hall refused to put the best interests of the team ahead of himself.

What the hell does that mean? It was Gibbs' choice to stick with hall through everything. When healthy, Hall was probably one of the best kickers in the game. With a player like that, you try like hell to keep him on the field.

His poor kicking cost us game 1, and partly precipitated the tailspin that was the giants game.

Sorry, but the tailspin started long before that kick.

Jason

How can you hold it against a guy who couldn't stay healthy? Both sides put all they could into the situation. It's a shame to see him go as he was probably one of the better kickers we have had, but a kicker, with the limited contact they encounter, must stay healthy. We can't afford to keep 2.

One guy for kicking off and hitting FGs. That's it.

What a lot of you fail to realize is that when Hall got here he was a very good kicker. It seems to me that his injuries started because he was making a ton of TD saving tackles due to poor special team coverage. Once those groins etc get messed up it is hard to be 100% especially for a kicker. Good Luck John and thanks for being a good TEAM player.

Bye John. Oh yeah, thanks again for losing the Vikings game for us this year....much appreciated.

I guess an inept 3rd down defense and a pathetic offense had nothing to do with it?

Good Luck John.

When healthy, you were money in the bank. I'll always remember the start to your career here. Thursday night football and nailing the game winner against your former team.

All the best man.

What the hell does that mean? It was Gibbs' choice to stick with hall through everything. When healthy, Hall was probably one of the best kickers in the game. With a player like that, you try like hell to keep him on the field.

Sorry, but the tailspin started long before that kick.

Jason

At least someone knows what he's talking about. Thanks Longshot.

Archived