Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Hall Appreciation Thread

method man

It looks like Hall's career with us is now over. A lot of Skins fans have short term memories and only remember this season. I, however, remember the first two seasons he was here. In those two seasons, he was the best kicker we had since I started watching the Skins in 99. He was money inside the 40 and he still is. He was also one hell of a tackler for a kicker. It is a shame that his career got derailed by injuries. I wish Hall good luck in his future endeavors.

You're kidding right???

I think Hall was one of the hardest working guys on the team. I watched him all last season - during the games, he never stopped practicing, was either kicking into the net or on the stationary bike staying warm. Its a shame he couldn't get his health problems resolved.

On the positive side, Novak is a bright, motivated, hardworking guy. He has a lot of potential. We could do a lot worse. I've seen him nail 55-60 yarders in warmups, so he's got the leg to get the job done. Lets hope he's ready for the challenge.

I loved John Hall, but frankly with his injury situation over the past 3 years I don't think I will miss him... I backed him all the way this year untill the injury, before that I really was happy with him, even if he was 9 for 11...

I don't want ppl to missrepresent what happened this season to him, he missed one FG in the Minn. game where it was especially windy on that side of the field, so bad that the Minn. kicker missed one on the same side, and then he MADE a big clutch kick for us against the Jags.... THATS RIGHT PPL, FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SAID HE MISSED ALL HIS CLUTCH KICKS FOR US, HE MADE THE ONE AGAINST THE JAGS... WITHOUT THAT WE DON'T BEAT THEM. and the kick he missed against the Giants was not a clutch kick, only an idiot would have called that a clutch kick... so he missed one clutch kick for us in a game where we had 3 trips inside the 10 and couldn't get a TD... yeah, he cost us the Minnesota game, sure.....

What is with the nasty, negative posts when he is on his way out from an injury? A time for everyone to manifest their 'look how cruel and ugly I can be' demons? He is a good guy and father, and was one of the main reasons we have two wins.

I hope he comes back next year and wins the SB with a 41 yarder for us, just to teach you a lesson.

I think the entire Hall situation is a testament to Snyder's incredible strengths and glaring weakness as an owner.

His strength. He recognizes a weakness in the team and will spare no expense in correcting it. The kicking game had killed the team for years so he went after a reputable, solid kicker.

The weakness: He treated the reputable, solid kicker like Morten Anderson in his prime years. Hall has always been above average. The Redskins signed him to a huge contract which made it difficult to cut ties with him once he got hurt. Constantly overpaying for players gets the team trapped into a lot of bad marriages.

Hall was a great great and player. Redskins fans, I do believe, are starting to become more like Eagles fans in that they forget EVERYTHING good a player has done when the play has a bad week or two, or if the player has an extensive injury list. It is getting really sad!!!

Hall was a great great and player. Redskins fans, I do believe, are starting to become more like Eagles fans in that they forget EVERYTHING good a player has done when the play has a bad week or two, or if the player has an extensive injury list. It is getting really sad!!!

He is a free agent who was here 4 years, had decent production, and was injured most of the time.

This is hardly a Lavar situation.

It looks like Hall's career with us is now over. A lot of Skins fans have short term memories and only remember this season. I, however, remember the first two seasons he was here. In those two seasons, he was the best kicker we had since I started watching the Skins in 99. He was money inside the 40 and he still is. He was also one hell of a tackler for a kicker. It is a shame that his career got derailed by injuries. I wish Hall good luck in his future endeavors.

Well stated; and I hope your health returns, soon.

Archived