Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Hall Appreciation Thread

method man

Sure, he may have been the best kicker WE had in a while, but that is meaningless. EVERY NFL kicker should be automatic inside the 40. Hall was a waste of cap room and continued to hurt us with his injuries. I appreciate nothing.

So much for the "appreciation thread" part of things...lol

I would like to thank John Hall for getting hurt so we can get rid of him and have a good kicker on our roster.

Thanks John. If your leg heals up, i suggest you sign with the cowboys. Nothing would make me feel happier than seeing you step on the field for a 40yard FG attempt for the cowgirls.

Are you serious? :doh: Wow.

What a lot of you fail to realize is that when Hall got here he was a very good kicker. It seems to me that his injuries started because he was making a ton of TD saving tackles due to poor special team coverage. Once those groins etc get messed up it is hard to be 100% especially for a kicker. Good Luck John and thanks for being a good TEAM player.

Those tackles are the reason I liked him so much. You just never see many kickers willing to put themselves into those types of situations.

Absolutely! Give the man props. He once was a valuable commodity around here. Too bad his team wasn't when he was at his prime. I also remember Hall covering kicks and saving some touchdowns. He was a tough son of a gun. I definitely appreciate his service to the team and wish him the best in the future. Hope he can get healthy and land somewhere.

Ill Appreciate John Hall when he is no longer missing chip shot field goals in a redskin uniform . Come on kid, "John Hall appreciation thread" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Its not like he is Chip Loumiller(I know I spelt that wrong) or something.

Hall was excellent for two seasons newb. I came to really appreciate Hall after watching absolutely crappy kickers like Husted, Cortez, "King Tut," and Kimrin.

It's unfortunate that Hall couldnt stay healthy. He was pretty good when he first came here. But its been a bumpy ride since that first season.

I mean, check this out. He made seven 50+ yard FGs his first year here. SEVEN! Makes you wonder what could have been... :(

It looks like Hall's career with us is now over. A lot of Skins fans have short term memories and only remember this season. I, however, remember the first two seasons he was here. In those two seasons, he was the best kicker we had since I started watching the Skins in 99. He was money inside the 40 and he still is. He was also one hell of a tackler for a kicker. It is a shame that his career got derailed by injuries. I wish Hall good luck in his future endeavors.

Agree good kicker and good tackler, but some of those tackles may have caused the recurring injuries? He did his job well but injuries and age caught up. I know about injuries and age!!! Injuries don't heal as fast with us older guys :-)

But good career John, take time off, totally heal up, and make a come back (but don't kick a winning field goal against the Skins in a year or two). Case in point Morten Anderson, 46 years old, just signed with Atlanta.

Good job John

:cheers:

Yea I appreciate that he couldnt make a damn field goal in the clutch if his life depended on it. Last year SD and the playoff game against Seattle come to mind. This year Minnesota and of course the Giants game. Heck even in the Jacksonville game the kick he made almost gave me a heart attack. Yes at one point in his career he was a great kicker but those days are long gone. At one point LaVar Arrington was a monster on the field but he is :pooh: now. Adios Hall. Dont let the door hit you on your way out!

What the hell does that mean? It was Gibbs' choice to stick with hall through everything. When healthy, Hall was probably one of the best kickers in the game. With a player like that, you try like hell to keep him on the field.

Sorry, but the tailspin started long before that kick.

Jason

heh exactly.. Blame the kicker on losing the game?? Blame the offense of not scoring enough, or the defense from not preventing enough scores.. But it is what it is.. He could have won us the game(I assume minny) but he didn't lose it for us

I like John as a person, I've met him a couple times and really love the guy....

But as far as appreciating him? I guess I apprecaite the 30 yard feild goal he made for us against the Jets in his first game. Thats the only "big" kick he made for us. Seriously. I honestly think the kick he made vs the Jaguars last week was the second biggest kick he's made in his career.

He's cost us a number of games with his leg imo. I'm not saying he has to make them all, but he's made none.

Yea I appreciate that he couldnt make a damn field goal in the clutch if his life depended on it. Last year SD and the playoff game against Seattle come to mind. This year Minnesota and of course the Giants game. Heck even in the Jacksonville game the kick he made almost gave me a heart attack. Yes at one point in his career he was a great kicker but those days are long gone. At one point LaVar Arrington was a monster on the field but he is :pooh: now. Adios Hall. Dont let the door hit you on your way out!

Sums up my feelings exactly.

Archived