Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Web Technical Manager - Washington Redskins

themurf

Came across this job listing through NFL.com. Figured it might peak some interest around here.

Link: http://footballjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/jobs/jobs.cfm?supcat=325&supcat_name=Internet%2FNew%20Media

-----

The Washington Redskins IT department is seeking a dedicated IT professional to join our IT Staff as a Web Technical Manager for Redskins.com.

- Qualifications: 3-5 Years experience in web development required with at least 2 years in a Senior Developer, project leadership role.

- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required.

- Experience to include a minimum of 2 years experience using C#\VB.Net, MS SQL Server, and XML.

- Hands-on coding experience is necessary with HTML, Javascript, ASP.NET.

- Ability to gather and manage requirements is necessary.

- Knowledge of software engineering concepts applied for the .NET platform including; familiarity with object oriented design and programming concepts, understanding of relational databases and knowledge of the .NET framework capabilities.

- Experience with technical documentation using Visio or another UML capable documentation tool.

- Knowledge of and experience with design programs including Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash.

Job Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:

- Manages the technical project plan, resources, tasks and milestones to drive the project to completion.

- Oversees the work of outside consultants/vendors, etc.

- Communicates and coordinates across department boundaries during the entire project live cycle.

- Resolves project issues while managing expectation and risk.

- Guides the project(s) to on time completion within budget with achievement of stated objectives.

- Understand the mechanics of project administration, including contracts, Statements of Work, budgets, etc.

The Washington Redskins offer an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary. If you wish to join this fast paced, exciting organization AND you meet the requirements listed above, please apply online with a resume, cover letter and salary requirements or fax your information to (703) 726-7172. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.

The Washington Redskins are an Equal Opportunity Employer.

I actually just changed jobs and begun to use C# here where I am now, and it's a great language. Its definitely worth picking up a copy of the Visual studio express editions to get learning if your a hobbyist or aspiring developer.

Just Java with a MS embrace and "extend." ;^)

Problem is that this is essentially a management spot. I was tempted, but wondered how pointy-haired they'd require.

For now, I'd settle for being able to listen to the games on my Mac.

Better not tell them you're a fan of the team. From what I understand that is the kiss of death when applying for work with them.

~Bang

BINGO! They're still gonna want you to come to work and do your job - even if you're sad because your favorite team lost. And something tells me walking away from your desk to get Santana Moss' autograph might not go over very well.

Archived