Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: do you find my signature offensive?

Zguy28

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Atheist here.

Not offended in the slightest.

They should have told whoever complained about it that in the USA we enjoy the freedom to express ourselves.

~Bang

read the ryan clark thread in the stadium. apparently, the dude seems to think that he's all for free speech.......so long as he's not offended. :laugh:

ewww... low-limit? i prefer no-limit poker. it puts more strategy into the game. instead of just playing the cards, it brings in the element of playing the people. bluffing becomes a major factor in the game (which is something i've become quite proficient in, it is all in the way you play it.)

i've become very good at finding people's tells. when someone is slow-playing, they often check in the beginning and act reluctant to call. sometimes they even make a comment that they typically wouldn't in an attempt to show that they "have nothing."

I know, I love no limit, but my bankroll doesn't allow for me to play no limit like I need to play no limit. Caro's book of poker tells, 1) Strong means weak and weak means strong. Figure this one out and let the chips roll in. My wife has a really bad tendency to glance at her chips when the card she needs hits, then she hesitates to bet. Needless to say I've caught her several times, with this, and now I only let her play online. ;)

I know, I love no limit, but my bankroll doesn't allow for me to play no limit like I need to play no limit. Caro's book of poker tells, 1) Strong means weak and weak means strong. Figure this one out and let the chips roll in. My wife has a really bad tendency to glance at her chips when the card she needs hits, then she hesitates to bet. Needless to say I've caught her several times, with this, and now I only let her play online. ;)

:laugh: i have noticed a lot of my tells, and i have learned to use them to my advantage. i simulate tells so people think i have something or vice versa to fit my needs. i have also advised people to fold based on how amazing my hand is. one time i was playing follow the queens and queens, and i told him that i had two wilds in my pocket and that he should just fold. he went on to tell me that i shouldn't tell him that because it was obvious that i wanted him to fold so he was staying in. well, in the end, i took him for quite a bit of money with my 5 of a kind. :)

i think i would make George H. Mead proud (interactionist sociologist)

:laugh: i have noticed a lot of my tells, and i have learned to use them to my advantage. i simulate tells so people think i have something or vice versa to fit my needs. i have also advised people to fold based on how amazing my hand is. one time i was playing follow the queens and queens, and i told him that i had two wilds in my pocket and that he should just fold. he went on to tell me that i shouldn't tell him that because it was obvious that i wanted him to fold so he was staying in. well, in the end, i took him for quite a bit of money with my 5 of a kind. :)

i think i would make George H. Mead proud (interactionist sociologist)

That's the funniest thing about tells, if you put too much emphasis upon them in your game, they will bite you in the butt. Because it doesn't take long before you start this conversation with yourself, "Ok, that was a tell...or did he want me to think it was a tell....maybe that's the real tell....or is he faking that tell to make me think that first one wasn't a tell"................ad infinitum. That's one the reasons why limit poker can be so profitable, the strength of the bluff is reduced considerably, thus the player is pretty much left to play the cards in hand. This usually makes reads that much easier to make, plus you get a lot of noobies in that don't understand why you checked the first time and raised after their bet, so they go ahead and re-raise. Meanwhile, you're thinking, wow this guy is gonna fund my kids college education.:D

That's the funniest thing about tells, if you put too much emphasis upon them in your game, they will bite you in the butt. Because it doesn't take long before you start this conversation with yourself, "Ok, that was a tell...or did he want me to think it was a tell....maybe that's the real tell....or is he faking that tell to make me think that first one wasn't a tell"................ad infinitum. That's one the reasons why limit poker can be so profitable, the strength of the bluff is reduced considerably, thus the player is pretty much left to play the cards in hand. This usually makes reads that much easier to make, plus you get a lot of noobies in that don't understand why you checked the first time and raised after their bet, so they go ahead and re-raise. Meanwhile, you're thinking, wow this guy is gonna fund my kids college education.:D

yeah, but the thing is that i play with mostly people i know so i know how they play. well, most of 'em, those asians can get pretty tricky. :)

how the hell did we hijack this thread into a poker thread?

I think the person had more of a problem with the link.

I have to say that I am mildly anoyed by the sig and the link. I worship in my own way. I have a real problem with alot of the churchs' judgementalism. As for the link, who are they to judge any answers in the "good person" test?

JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED.

Most Christians have forgotten that, and tend to look down their collective noses at the good Christians that obstain from the politics of any oraganized church.

I can't believe that I posted on a religious thread. But I felt that I had to on this subject :2cents:

I think the person had more of a problem with the link.
good link, however, i myself do not believe hell is where God punishes people, its just were you end up if you havent breached the gulf of sin with Jesus Christ.

Hell was created for Lucifer, and him only. i cant remember the verses but there is one in each testament that states this. If you face His judgement and he sees sin, He cannot allow you into His presence, for hell is, "eternal seperation from God." what is hell? simply exsitance appart from God, without purpose, and in the dwelling of satan. God loves everyone, and He wants you with him for eternity. when you accept the sacrifice of Christ you are in essence taking on his blamless life, and God sees no sin and you are able to dwell in His presence forever. if you have sinned even once, then hell is your destination, not punishment, persay. but dont get me wrong, being appart rom God for eternity, whether anyone would like to admit it, is plenty Hell enough.

fire and brimstone is just the most relevant analogy to us for what enduring agony is like, the agony of being forever seperated from the God who created you. this site uses scare tactic language, which works for some, but is not the correct way to win people over to God:2cents:

I dont like the link because it contradicts itself...

At one point (question 2) I'm guilty because I believe God killed a LOT of people on purpose. And it says God is only a loving God and if I believe otherwise I have to hit guilty button. It actually said there was no Hell...

Then at the end it all talks about since I hit guilty God is MAD at me and he doesnt just judge rapists/murderers, but lustfull liars etc.. etc.. etc...

And spend and Eternity in HELL... (my reading is fundamental skill must be lacking because you can't have it both ways)...

btw, just thought I'd mention, you might want to change the title of the link in your sig. It should probably read "why aren't you a Christian yet?"

Good suggestion.

I'm not offended by the sig per se, but I thought the linked website and quiz (which I took a few months ago) were fairly presumptuous and dumb, so I voted "yes" in the poll. Even if you answer "no" to every question, the website still tells you that you have sinned against God and angered him, etc. Why did I go through that stupid quiz if my answers were irrelevant and the authors of the website saw fit to lecture me either way? What basis do they have for the statements they start throwing out after the quiz? Why are they lecturing me before they even bother to introduce themselves? If you want to keep the link in your sig, it's fine with me; if you want to look foolish, it's your prerogative.

No, I dont find it offensive, but what is in proverbs 14:32?, Maybe some people may find 14:32 offensive? :whoknows:

-Grant

Proverbs 14:34

"Righteousness exalts a nation,

but sin is a disgrace to any people."

The pic of that controversial cross placement? I don't really feel one way or another
Its from Mt Soledad in San Diego.
"America Bless God" sounds akward and doesn't make much sense
The Bible says, "I will honor those who honor me." 1 Samuel 2:30
I find my own sig more offensive. :)
I don't. :laugh:
Damn Zguy, that test is a real downer man. :(
Well it may appear that way because you get the bad news first. The Good News is at the end.
That's the point of it. Personally, I always thought it was healthier to live in this life and get what you can out of this one because it's both short and beautiful. I can't imagine spending my whole life "getting by" waiting for the real good stuff which is promised on the other side. I'd rather live now.
I understand what you're saying DC, but move to a third world nation, like rural Mexico, you will think differently I think about this life.
Here is Liberty's "are you a good person" test:

Do you care about other people?

yes/no

That's the Second greatest commandment "love your neighbor as yourself" now just get the Greatest Commandment and your set. :)
Zguy - you should make it so we can see who voted for what. I want to know who the little ***** is that voted yes. :)
I might not have got honest responses in the poll.
btw, just thought I'd mention, you might want to change the title of the link in your sig. It should probably read "why aren't you a Christian yet?"
Then nobody would click it, silly!:silly:
Zguy, I'm curious, what would you do if a significant number of people found your sig offensive, but you received no mandate from the moderators to remove it?
I would remove it out of respect for everybody, especially seeing as its been there for about a year and everybody on here thats going to click it probably has already.:)

Yes. Stop forcing your faith on me, you stinking Calvinist!
Careful there Arminius. I'll have to break out my Spurgeon on ya. :D
I don't find it offensive at all. I do find it curious for this venue.
I understand, yet my life revolves around Jesus Christ, He is always present in everything I do. The day that I compartmentalize Him will not be a good one.
Atheist here.

Not offended in the slightest.

They should have told whoever complained about it that in the USA we enjoy the freedom to express ourselves.

~Bang

Thanks Bang.
LOL, I love poker! LOL, I have to admit I got bit by the Hold 'Em bug about 4 1/2 years ago when they first started showing it on the WPT. I clean up on Single-Table-Sit&Go Tourneys, I love 'em. My wife even got bit by the bug about a year ago, she likes the big 1500+ person tourneys, I don't have the patience for those. I like to make my kill and get it done, pocket my $5 and move on to the next one. Unfortunately, now that I'm in graduate school I rarely have the time to play much. I keep trying to get a bunch of guys together for a regular funnzie game, but everyone's always too busy. *sigh*

Hey, I even built my own poker table last summer, I picked up and old octagon table from a 2nd hand store for $15, I spent another $15 on some P-leather, and after an hour viola! My wife also got me an inexpensive 500 piece chip set from Wal-Mart, sure beats those rinky-tinky plastic things. Here's my table.

pokertable0007.jpg

This ain't no gambling thread!
You need to stop pestering the other religious people.

<This has been only a test of the Irreverent Humor Broadcasting Sytem. Do not adjust your beliefs>

And don't miss the 2nd Annual Metaphysical Phystfight between techboy and myself in the main lobby this All Hallows Eve. :point2sky

Do I smell a cage match?
I have to say that I am mildly anoyed by the sig and the link. I worship in my own way. I have a real problem with alot of the churchs' judgementalism. As for the link, who are they to judge any answers in the "good person" test?

JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED.

Most Christians have forgotten that, and tend to look down their collective noses at the good Christians that obstain from the politics of any oraganized church.

I can't believe that I posted on a religious thread. But I felt that I had to on this subject :2cents:

Thanks for the response. BUt its not the website owners who are being judgmental, they're just relating what the Bible says about those issues. If you can't handle God being a judge...
good link, however, i myself do not believe hell is where God punishes people, its just were you end up if you havent breached the gulf of sin with Jesus Christ.

Hell was created for Lucifer, and him only. i cant remember the verses but there is one in each testament that states this. If you face His judgement and he sees sin, He cannot allow you into His presence, for hell is, "eternal seperation from God." what is hell? simply exsitance appart from God, without purpose, and in the dwelling of satan. God loves everyone, and He wants you with him for eternity. when you accept the sacrifice of Christ you are in essence taking on his blamless life, and God sees no sin and you are able to dwell in His presence forever. if you have sinned even once, then hell is your destination, not punishment, persay. but dont get me wrong, being appart rom God for eternity, whether anyone would like to admit it, is plenty Hell enough.

fire and brimstone is just the most relevant analogy to us for what enduring agony is like, the agony of being forever seperated from the God who created you. this site uses scare tactic language, which works for some, but is not the correct way to win people over to God:2cents:

I suggest you start another thread for this one. I would love to discuss it.
I dont like the link because it contradicts itself...

At one point (question 2) I'm guilty because I believe God killed a LOT of people on purpose. And it says God is only a loving God and if I believe otherwise I have to hit guilty button. It actually said there was no Hell...

Incorrect. It asks you if you believe God is only a loving God who can't cast people into Hell. A common incorrect belief these days according to the Bible.
Nah, your sig isn't, but you and your views on the Gnostics... ;)
Heathen heretic. :silly:

Archived