Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's Your Routine/Plan This Weekend?

Califan007 The Constipated

I will wear my Portis or Moss jersey to work (though I'll have to take it off when I get there) and my Redskins earrings, necklace and bracelets. I will try to work and not drive everybody around me crazy bouncing in my chair and humming Hail to the Redskins until about 2:30. Then I'm off to get my son, make sure homework is done and make my nest on the couch (laptop included) for the big game. I can't wait. I'm already bouncing in my chair and humming Hail to the Redskins and the game is still 5 days away. I will be an absolute basketcase come Monday.

I will wear my Portis or Moss jersey to work (though I'll have to take it off when I get there) and my Redskins earrings, necklace and bracelets. I will try to work and not drive everybody around me crazy bouncing in my chair and humming Hail to the Redskins until about 2:30. Then I'm off to get my son, make sure homework is done and make my nest on the couch (laptop included) for the big game. I can't wait. I'm already bouncing in my chair and humming Hail to the Redskins and the game is still 5 days away. I will be an absolute basketcase come Monday.

I need to get a laptop...I usually just come in and see what everyone's saying on here during commercial breaks...lol :laugh:

From reading the previous posts I gather that the pre-game routine actually starts on Thursday night (the first NFL game) is that right? Who's playing? I'll probably watch just cause it's football. I'll probably not party on Thursday, need to pace myself.

Friday ??? Is there any football on Friday? Since it's Friday I'll probably enjoy a drink or two just to get the weekend party started. Is there any football on Friday? If so I will probably tune in cause I enjoy football.

Saturday - College football (love the rah rah rah of the college students). What games are on? Will my college (Florida Gators and Maryland Terps) games be televised by my cable company? If so fantastic, if not just pick the best game. No beer drinking unless the Gators or Terps are on (have to pace myself).

Sunday - NFL Football - I wonder who is playing. I'll probably watch some football just cause I enjoy football. No Redskins game; so not much partying (have to pace myself).

Monday - Finally, game day for the Redskins. I know I will be relieved that my team is finally going to play some real football. I will be pretty fed-up with having to watch all those other teams play (football is my favorite game but having to watch all these other teams waiting for my team will be wearing thin by now). Since I don't have any game tickets my decision comes down to how to best get my mind off of football for a while until game time (have to pace myself - difficult, since I've had to do this since Thursday). Redskins opening game, Monday Night Football (I am ready for some Football!) Hmmm... should I go with Mexican food & Margaritas or cook hamburgers and Hotdogs on the grill with some cold beers? Which Redskin jersey to wear? Have to pick up my son early; want to get the party started around 5pm. Remember to remind the wife to set the recorder for any shows she usually watches because the Redskin game is on. I get ESPN-HD so it will be a real treat to see the game on the big screen in high definition set. Hope the TV is in sync with the radio as I want to listen to Sonny, Sam, and Larry. I am so ready for the Redskins to play some real football, I can hardly stand the wait (got to be patient and try to pace myself).

This weekend I am booked.

Huly and I are going tailgate shopping either Friday or Saturday.

Going out Saturday night.

Then I am taking care of things around the house, packing things up on Sunday and heading to work for half a day and then to the stadium.

This is my first home opener EVER!! I intend to enjoy it to the fullest!!

Cook-out Saturday and watching college football. Sunday, I will watch what games are the best by flipping around to all the NFL games with direct ticket. Monday, I will probably have to listen to 2,346,213,462,346,232,357,214 bandwagon Panther fans talk **** to me all day long at work like they do every season. Leave work around 5:30 or 6:00, pick up beer and wings. I will have on my Cooley jersey, Skins t-shirt underneath, FSU hat, shorts. The wife will have on her Moss jersey. I will then kick back and watch the game on my big screen. I scheduled myself to come in late Tuesday so I can recover from the hangover.

I pretty much repeat this every Sunday. I also take off work the day after a Dallas/Washington game if it's on late or Monday night because a bunch of us get together and go out for that game.

:cheers:

I wonder how many people are taking most or all of the day off next Monday?...lol :laugh:

Raises hand!

Watching Maryland's game now.

Will watch Steelers tomorrow

Work late Friday

Going to Richmond for the race Saturday.

Watching all the games I can fit in on Sunday

Putting on the brand new Cooley jersey when I finally wake up Monday, didn't get tix to the game (boo! someone hook me) but will be start getting lit by the first minute of the 3 oclock pregame!

cannot freggin wait!

:point2sky :logo:

These are hysterical! But this one is the best... not sure whether to applaud or be afraid. Be very afraid. But I love it!

Each week I buy something representing the opposing team. Usually a stuffed mascot or something. On game-day I put on my Redskins break-away pants, my Monk jersey (I've had it for about 15 years now) and Redskins baseball hat. Then I go in my garage, turn off the lights and light my Redskins candle and place it in the middle of my Redskins bobble head collection. One by one I tap each one on the head until they are all bobbing back and forth. Then I get down on one knee and pray to Coach Gibbs to give the Skins the strenght, endurance and will to win the game. Then I say 3 Hail Redskins, turn on Metallica's "Enter Sandman" and hold the opposing item over my candle until it catches on fire. Then I drop it in a metal bucket and watch it burn.

Saturday, Sunday I'll work off & on most of the weekend, do some tailgate shopping and finalize the carpooling plans. Try to catch some of the games. Gotta wear Skins gear all weekend - hmmm, I'm feeling the urge for something new! :) Monday: leave at noon - 1:00pm and get ready to tailgate!!!!! I can't freakin' wait for Monday! I've had insomnia all week - posting here at 3 & 4 in the morning! LOL

Please let it come!

Saturday I will watch the Hokies @ North Carolina at 9 AM PDT over breakfast.

Sunday I plan on watching the Jags and the Pukes Game or maybe watch the Hawks / Lions Game with some Seahawk Friends of mine and quietly root for Detriot.

I actually have Monday off because the game comes on @ 4 PM PDT. I figure that it would be too much for me to miss the first part of the season opener.

The week before the regular season starts I always watch my collection of football movies:

Rudy

Any Given Sunday

Friday night Lights

Varsity Blues

The Best Of Times

All The Right Moves

Jerry Maguire

The Longest Yard (Adam Sandler)

The Program

It just kind of kicks off the season and makes my brain right.

My plan for the weekend is wake up saturday morning, leave the couch sunday night.

Then I wake up Monday morning, go to work, go straight to the Metro after work (4:00 pm) and hope that the metro ride isn't long to get to FedEx!!!

edit: how long would it take from Vienna Metro to Morgan Boulevard? My work is basically right off of 66, within 5 miles of Vienna Metro, so I'm not too worried about that going Eastbound. However, Im worried about the transit time to the stadium.

If your going to the game....you better have taken off, be off or leave early, because the traffic is going to be crazy. I will watch the game tonight but not with any real excitement. Sunday will be the real day of football for me. I'll party hard Sat night, sleep in on Sunday and wake up to football and wings all day. I don't do anything other than go to church on Sunday's during the season. I know most women don't want to hear that, but they will be ok.

I think all meetings and serious work matter should be postponed on Monday....

I wonder how many people are taking most or all of the day off next Monday?...lol :laugh:

Can you say 3 day weekend?????

Got an extra propane tank standing by. Grill will be fired up all 3 days this weekend. Sat night for my Buckeyes..as they kick some longhorn tail Then all day Sunday watching all the games on the NFL Sunday Ticket. And then...all day monday, going to have tuned to XXX Espn Radio to get my Redskins fix...

Then...KICKOFFFFFFFF :applause:

Leave Friday night for Richmond, take in my FIRST NASCAR race ever on Saturday Night. During the day Saturday I will be drinking Miller Lite starting at about 9 or 10 am and partying with as many rednecks as I can find at the campground in Richmond. Sunday will be driving back to Alexandria and recovering and preparing for the Skins game Monday night. Get off work Monday no later than 12:30 and will be leaving my house no later than 2:30 for Fed Ex. OH and I will be listening to the Hokies whoop the tar heels arse on Saturday, while drinking miller lite.

For me the football weekend will be limited to the 7pm game on Monday night.

I'll get home from work about 4pm on Monday. Make sure I've got the soda, chips, dinner items set and ready to go. About 6:30 I'll close both doors to my room, turn the tv on and watch the end of whatever pre-game festivities there are. At 7pm I'll actually start really paying attention to the game as I eat dinner and drink my Coke. About 7:45, when we're down by 17 I'll turn the game off, clean everything up and go about the rest of the evening like every other Monday night.

For me the football weekend will be limited to the 7pm game on Monday night.

I'll get home from work about 4pm on Monday. Make sure I've got the soda, chips, dinner items set and ready to go. About 6:30 I'll close both doors to my room, turn the tv on and watch the end of whatever pre-game festivities there are. At 7pm I'll actually start really paying attention to the game as I eat dinner and drink my Coke. About 7:45, when we're down by 17 I'll turn the game off, clean everything up and go about the rest of the evening like every other Monday night.

Why even bother doing that? Just fall asleep at 7 and get a good nights sleep and be ready for work Tuesday.

Archived