Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunnell's hurt again, Campbell's time is now!!!!

TheShredder

Try as I might, I can't resist.

How did Mark get us to the second round of the playoffs?

To be accurate, he was the starting quarterback on a team who got to the second round of the playoffs.

That is not the same as "getting us there".

Brad Johnson got us to the playoffs in 1999. Mark Brunell was along for the ride for most of the second half of the season and was a liability in 4 of the last 5 games we played including both post season games.

I think you are one of the few that gets it.

Let's not forget that Mark Rypien was on the hot seat the year he won the Super Bowl MVP. He needed a step up year and Gibbs let him know it. Brunell is in a similar position this year. He has all of the weapons to work with, now it's up to him to make the plays. Our season will no doubt rest on his shoulders/performance.

To be accurate, he was the starting quarterback on a team who got to the second round of the playoffs.

Brad Johnson got us to the playoffs in 1999. Mark Brunell was along for the ride for most of the second half of the season and was a liability in 4 of the last 5 games we played including both post season games.

How many qbs have we had in the last 12 years? You rifle shot with Brad, and you say qb has little to do with getting to the playoffs. Come on. It isn't a coincidence that better qb play results in winning seasons. :doh:

The problem with many of our fans is that, 1) perfection is the only scale used; and 2) 'the grass is always greener on the other side' (Campbell).

Thank goodness JG makes the player calls.

This message board is getting more neurotic every day.

Haha, yeah it is, and while I don't condone it, I can understand it. Remember how many years we were told some great new addition to the team would return the franchise to glory, but it always fell through? I think people are worried history is repeating itself. We're trying to read into 2 preseason games and determine if all our new additions are the real deal, or if Saunders is the new Spurrier. Doesn't work that way, but it won't stop people from trying.

Actually, and for pure comic value, I kinda want to see us go 0-4 in the preseason, just to read the, "we're doomed, lets just forfit the season" threads.

Settle down, folks. This year is different.

I think you are one of the few that gets it.

Hardly. Brunell, statisticaly, was a top 10 - 15 QB last year. Is that great? No. Does he suck? No. If you think JC can be a top 10 - 15 QB this year, then go ahead and start him.

As a reminder, here are Brunell's stats from last year:

Passing Yards: 3050

Attempts: 454

Completions: 262

TD Passes: 23

INTs: 10

Longest Completion: 78 yards

Passer Rating: 85.9

From www.nfl.com

Brunell didn't struggle down the stretch, the entire offense did. If you have already given up on the season, yeah, start JC. But I still think Brunell gives us the best shot to get where we want to this year.

Hail,

H

Hardly. Brunell, statisticaly, was a top 10 - 15 QB last year. Is that great? No. Does he suck? No. If you think JC can be a top 10 - 15 QB this year, then go ahead and start him.

Brunell didn't struggle down the stretch, the entire offense did. If you have already given up on the season, yeah, start JC. But I still think Brunell gives us the best shot to get where we want to this year.

Thank you! :applause:

And just let me note that Johnson's year in 1999 was not head and shoulders above Brunells last year. While he threw for 1000 more yards, he had only one more touchdown and he had three MORE interceptions, with only a slightly better passer rating. Let's be serious here folks.

Does anyone remember the game when it was like 3rd or 4th and LOONG and Brunell took off running to get the first down, keep the drive alive, and ultimately win the game? Yeah he was a big liability in that game.

Considering he didnt have many big runs, Im expecting someone else to remember exactly what game it is, I cant think of it at this moment, Im at work on a Saturday. :(

I really don't want it to happen, but MB is hurt again...and again...and again...

Hurt his finger, partially torn groin, knee, headache, gas, WTF!!!!

He is going to try and play...throw wildly or safely way out of bounds and try not to loose the game as his legs are hurt again!!!!

Feels like JC training year, not a superbowl run.

$.02

He doesn't have a "partially torn groin". Check your sources before you rant.

Passing Yards: 3050

Attempts: 454

Completions: 262

TD Passes: 23

INTs: 10

Longest Completion: 78 yards

Passer Rating: 85.9

From www.nfl.com

Hail,

H

Hail,

H

Thats all well and good, but I can disprove everything you said. I played both Brunell and Campbell through this year's schedule in Madden.

With Campbell, we go undefeated and beat the Colts 142-3 in the Super Bowl.

I just got done playing the season with Brunell. We lost every game and the franchise was sold and moved to Wichita. Plus, I think I have diabetes now.

This thread rocks.

NOOOOOOOO! It just can't be!!! Another let's throw JC into the fire now thread!! :doh: Please realize that Brunell IS expected to play tonight. Realistically, there's a slim chance that Brunell will last the whole season, but we'll cross the bridge when we get there.

Thats all well and good, but I can disprove everything you said. I played both Brunell and Campbell through this year's schedule in Madden.

I just got done playing the season with Brunell. We lost every game and the franchise was sold and moved to Wichita. Plus, I think I have diabetes now.

This thread rocks.

I think you are one of the few who really gets it.

This thread rocks.

Well, I'm convinced now...start Campbell!

I hate the Colts...they need a good drubbing.

What were we thinking...starting Brunell. I was such an idiot.

Archived