Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Egyptian Students Vanish In NYC

NattyLight

Someone explain to me why our country is still allowing people from Muslim Countries to come here on "student visa's".

In fact, why are we allowing them to come from ANY country?

Fool me once........

Yeah, all Muslims are terrorist that hate our freedom and want to kill us :rolleyes:

Someone explain to me why our country is still allowing people from Muslim Countries to come here on "student visa's".

Fool me once........

Because.......we wouldn't want to offend anyone, would we?

Why, just because 9/10's of the terrorism committed today is committed by arab lookin' folk, don't mean we should discriminate against everybody that looks middle eastern

I'm sure they are just out lost somewhere. I feel sorry for them actually,in a strange land all by their lonesomes, not speaking the langauge or anything :rolleyes:

Yeah, all Muslims are terrorist that hate our freedom and want to kill us :rolleyes:

Nobody said that, but if there is no discernable way to tell the difference..............

It's great to talk about America and our freedoms, but we're not talking about Americans. Great, so if these 17 students do go and blow something up, would you be willing to debate with the families of those that are killed that these "students" deserved to be allowed access to this country? It's a catch 22, and it sucks. But, at least we KNOW they're missing. That's better than nothing, I guess. :(

And, it seems that 6 of them are accounted for, so that makes 11 on the run. Their student visas have been revoked (that'll show 'em ). :doh: I like how the one official says that it's no cause for alarm since they aren't known to have ties with terrorist groups. Oh, well jeepers, since we don't know about any association, then it's not possible, right?

Who made that claim?

You did, when you implied that we should abolish all student visas from muslim countries because of terrorism concerns.

Fool me once........

Or have you decided that you now like The Sarge Technique? (Which I define as: Starting 37 threads of news articles of "Muslim does something Bad", followed by the words "It's a religion of Peace", and then claiming that "well, I never actually said that all Muslims are Bad.")

You did, when you implied that we should abolish all student visas from muslim countries because of terrorism concerns.

Or have you decided that you now like The Sarge Technique? (Which I define as: Starting 37 threads of news articles of "Muslim does something Bad", followed by the words "It's a religion of Peace", and then claiming that "well, I never actually said that all Muslims are Bad.")

I said from any country actually.

But let's stick to that point. I DO think we should stop all Student Visa to countries known to be havens for terrorists.

That doesnt mean I think all Muslims are terrorists, but it's a fact that MOST terrorists are Muslims. I think we would have learned that lesson by now.

I said from any country actually.

But let's stick to that point. I DO think we should stop all Student Visa to countries known to be havens for terrorists.

That doesnt mean I think all Muslims are terrorists, but it's a fact that MOST terrorists are Muslims. I think we would have learned that lesson by now.

Be careful. They will label you as an intolerant racist who wants to forfeit freedoms for security;)

Be careful. They will label you as an intolerant racist who wants to forfeit freedoms for security;)

hey, he did write "MOST" :laugh:

Seriously though, are there any non-Muslim terrorists left now that the IRA thing appears to be settled?

I think the Egyptian consulate needs to produce those boys or face serious consequences. Now why haven't we begun torturing the other six for information? Oh yeah, I forgot, that is not allowed. Well, guess we all just get to wait for it to happen.

Hope the football stadiums have good security and photographs of them passed to all their personell. Emailing them to fans to carry wouldn't hurt either.

Fool me once........

Kilmer I know you hate Muslims, but do you have to make it so obvious? jeez..

We can't exclude a full race from coming to our country to better their education. Comments and attitude like yours only make them want to hurt us even more.

Kilmer I know you hate Muslims, but do you have to make it so obvious? jeez..

We can't exclude a full race from coming to our country to better their education. Comments and attitude like yours only make them want to hurt us even more.

So if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck... Its NOT a duck, and one would be foolish for thinking it so?

Come on, we all know that terrorists - FOR THE MOST PART -are of Arab descent, look like Arabs, and have names stereotypical of Arabs. I.E. Abu and Muhammad.

This doesn't mean they should be stopped from coming here, but they should be under strict surveillance and maybe even tracked.... ALL STUDENTS....

One other thing, if they are peaceful Arabs, they dont want to hurt us anyways....if they are terrorists, us saying they shouldnt be over here to roam freely isnt going to make them want to "hurt us even more" than they want to...they already want to kill us all...

So if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck... Its NOT a duck, and one would be foolish for thinking it so?

Come on, we all know that terrorists - FOR THE MOST PART -are of Arab descent, look like Arabs, and have names stereotypical of Arabs. I.E. Abu and Muhammad.

Let's see if I can explain this in simple terms:

OK, class, can anybody tell me the difference between these two statements:

• (Almost) all terrorists are Muslim
  • All Muslims are (suspected) terrorists

Y'see, that's the difference between "terrorists look like Arabs" and "if it walks like a duck".

So...if it looks like a Muslim, and it acts like a Muslim...it's a terrorist? That's the logic we're going to follow?

Terrorists (at least those that recently have targeted Westerners and Western interests), , have mostly been of Arab descent. But supervision of an entire race...that's really the answer? That's not likely to infuriate anyone? Or make dealing with OPEC and the like any easier? Or infuriate the allies we actually have over there? Maybe even a country or two we're desperately trying to rebuild? That wouldn't sour relations at all with them?

This doesn't mean they should be stopped from coming here, but they should be under strict surveillance and maybe even tracked.... ALL STUDENTS....

One other thing, if they are peaceful Arabs, they dont want to hurt us anyways....if they are terrorists, us saying they shouldnt be over here to roam freely isnt going to make them want to "hurt us even more" than they want to...they already want to kill us all...

Closing our borders to foreign students would pretty much guarantee the economic decline of the United States.

Right now, more than one-fourth of the Science & Engineering graduate students in America are here from other countries on foreign visas. We are the center of scientific research, and we've been taking the top talent from other countries for many decades now.

Immigrants have been a vital part of American technological progress since World War II. Whether it's Albert Einstein and the atomic bomb or Wernher von Braun and NASA, it has often been in our national security interest to be a country friendly to immigrants, especially those that want to study and research in the U.S. Id you want an Egyptian American, look no further thanAhmed Zewail, the 1999 winner of the Nobel Prize in Chemistry who received a student visa from UPenn in the 60's and now is at Caltech.

In any case, the fact is that the government has done a pretty good job of closing this loophole. Students can still get in, but there are pretty serious background checks, and their photos and information are now in government databases, which will make it a lot harder for them to say, enroll in flight schools or buy explosives. And right now, they've got a bunch of FBI Agents on their tail, and I for one have confidence that the Feds will get their men.

Archived