Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Points per Game?

FuriousD

How many points per game will we average this year?

The additions of Saunders, Lloyd and ARE to the offense has us all expecting more points and wins but what would we need to average to be considered contenders?

Top scoring Seattle averaged 28.2 over 16 games.

Second place Indy averaged 27.4 over 16.

The World Champ Steelers averaged 24.3.

In the division: Giants = 26.4. Skins = 22.4. Brokeback Nation = 20.3 and Philthy = 19.4.

Obviously, Seattle, Indy and the Giants high scores were ultimately left twisting in the wind by less than stellar defensive efforts which brings us to Pittsburg.

Pittsburg proved that 24 points per game coupled with a championship defense is good enough to go all the way!

Offensively for us that's less than one additional field goal per game! Can we manage to average one more field goal per game? And if we can, is the D good enough?

The answers should be yes and yes! Saunders should be able to squeeze one more score per game and the D is only one year removed from a top 3 rating and realistically should be top 10 again.

We are close, people. Very, very close!

BTW, KC averaged 25.2 per game over 16. Coincidence?

:helmet:

Stats courtasy of NFL.com

I expect more than just getting by with our current weaponry.

I fully expect to drown people early in games with a competent passing attack to keep defenses honest, and a deadly running game to pound it down their throat with Portis and Betts.

We had very little offense for the majority of last season. Sustaining drives was improved over 2004 but was still a concern much of last season.

With our current setup I expect to see a sizeable improvement over last year's passing attack as well as more dominance early in the year, not just the tail end. Remember, this is a Joe Gibbs coached football team. Most of the rebuilding has been done already. He's instilled his views and concepts with this team, the Cowgirls rivalry is back, and we proved last season we could win when it counted.

I expect more of what we saw in those final 5 games of the regular season, but early on this season and with more consistence throughout the year. Also, more diversity in the passing game.

If we don't average 26+ then I'd have to say that Snyder wasted his money on Lloyd, ARE, and most importantly Saunders. We didn't bring Saunders in to run it up the gut 3 plays in a row and win games 10-9 with our defense:rolleyes:

How many points per game will we average this year?

The additions of Saunders, Lloyd and ARE to the offense has us all expecting more points and wins but what would we need to average to be considered contenders?

Top scoring Seattle averaged 28.2 over 16 games.

Second place Indy averaged 27.4 over 16.

The World Champ Steelers averaged 24.3.

In the division: Giants = 26.4. Skins = 22.4. Brokeback Nation = 20.3 and Philthy = 19.4.

Obviously, Seattle, Indy and the Giants high scores were ultimately left twisting in the wind by less than stellar defensive efforts which brings us to Pittsburg.

Pittsburg proved that 24 points per game coupled with a championship defense is good enough to go all the way!

Offensively for us that's less than one additional field goal per game! Can we manage to average one more field goal per game? And if we can, is the D good enough?

The answers should be yes and yes! Saunders should be able to squeeze one more score per game and the D is only one year removed from a top 3 rating and realistically should be top 10 again.

We are close, people. Very, very close!

BTW, KC averaged 25.2 per game over 16. Coincidence?

:helmet:

Stats courtasy of NFL.com

i say this season we avg about 20 points a game .

I expect more than just getting by with our current weaponry.

I fully expect to drown people early in games with a competent passing attack to keep defenses honest, and a deadly running game to pound it down their throat with Portis and Betts.

We had very little offense for the majority of last season. Sustaining drives was improved over 2004 but was still a concern much of last season.

With our current setup I expect to see a sizeable improvement over last year's passing attack as well as more dominance early in the year, not just the tail end. Remember, this is a Joe Gibbs coached football team. Most of the rebuilding has been done already. He's instilled his views and concepts with this team, the Cowgirls rivalry is back, and we proved last season we could win when it counted.

I expect more of what we saw in those final 5 games of the regular season, but early on this season and with more consistence throughout the year. Also, more diversity in the passing game.

If we don't average 26+ then I'd have to say that Snyder wasted his money on Lloyd, ARE, and most importantly Saunders. We didn't bring Saunders in to run it up the gut 3 plays in a row and win games 10-9 with our defense:rolleyes:

The higher the score the more Gibbs is letting his new offensive coordinator do his thing.

Archived