Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

You nailed it. The judges got it wrong but you got them right.   :)

You just have to K GSP TFO or you're not getting the belt. He's too holy to the UFC.

Yeah judges are funny when Rogan said Hendricks won I went the other way Rogan is an idoit 

And GSP is kinda done ???? i dont know lol maybe maybe not 

Edited by uncleelroy89

Still can't believe Serra is the only guy to KO GSP.  He's been so close to getting KO'd many times but of all the fighters to get knocked out by in his long career... friggin Serra?!  hahahaha  I was sure little Hendo was going to finish the fight tonight.  

GSP sounded like he was about to 90 days in a state penitentiary 

HAHAHA I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that.  I was thinking "he sounds like he just got nailed with a second DUI and is expecting jail time"

Edited by Destino

Unless I'm wrong, GSP out struck Hendricks and they had the same amount of takedowns. I had it for GSP and this wasn't even nearly as bad as the Bones Jones decision when he got worked by Gus in nearly every round. In a close fight the champ keeps his belt, that's the way it goes.

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/4707/Georges-St-Pierre-vs-Johny-Hendricks

not a single media member listed scored it for GSP

Aren't these the same clowns who scored the Jones-Gustafson fight in favor of Jones?

Unless I'm wrong, GSP out struck Hendricks and they had the same amount of takedowns. I had it for GSP and this wasn't even nearly as bad as the Bones Jones decision when he got worked by Gus in nearly every round. In a close fight the champ keeps his belt, that's the way it goes.

Aren't these the same clowns who scored the Jones-Gustafson fight in favor of Jones?

Jones/Gus was much closer than tonight's fight. I still score that fight 48-47 Jones. That fight you could make a legit case for either  fighter. I can't defend a 48-47 GSP.

The whole "you gotta BEAT the champ" thing is flawed beyond logic. Once the fight starts, there is essentially is no champion, they are competing for the belt. You can't have one standard for one fighter and different set for the other. Judges can barely get basic **** right, why complicate the process?

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2013/11/st-pierre-vs-hendricks-official-ufc.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

FightMetric scored it for Hendricks as well.

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

Wow, we're a couple sketchy decisions away from having Gus, Weidman and Hendricks as current champs. As the sport moves along, eh? It seems like yesterday both GSP and Jones looked unstoppable. GSP has been in some good fights lately, I give him a lot of credit. They're just catching up, man.

With GSP's retirement, he presumably vacates the title. Hendricks vs. Condit ll for the belt sounds like a good way to create peace amongst a BS decision. Hendricks gets another title shot, against a guy who lost to him controversially. A bunch of BS can get settled. We can also get Ellenberger vs. Lawler. Put Rory against Lombard. Even with the BS decision tonight, the division is spiced up.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Jones/Gus was much closer than tonight's fight. I still score that fight 48-47 Jones. That fight you could make a legit case for either  fighter. I can't defend a 48-47 GSP.

If Johnny wanted to win than he shouldn't have taken rounds off getting picked apart by Georges. I can understand if you don't like the guy but this fight was very close and in that instance the champ keeps his belt.

And the Gus-Jones fight wasn't close at all.

Why Condit. He lost his last fight. I would give it to Lawler.

It will most likely be Lawler vs. Hendricks when Georges formally announces his retirement.

If Johnny wanted to win than he shouldn't have taken rounds off getting picked apart by Georges. I can understand if you don't like the guy but this fight was very close and in that instance the champ keeps his belt.

And the Gus-Jones fight wasn't close at all.

It will most likely be Lawler vs. Hendricks when Georges formally announces his retirement.

I am completely indifferent on both GSP/Hendricks. Rooted for Hendricks more for parity than anything else. Winning 3 of 5 rounds on just about everybody's scorecard (minus the 2 voices who actually matter) should be enough to take the champs title.

Its all opinions, but you are the first I've heard who says the Jones/Gus fight "wasn't close at all".

I'd rather see Hendrics/Condit II, but I wouldn't be mad if they reward Lawler. Talk about an unlikely career resurgence. 

Brett Okamoto

‏@bokamotoESPN

Dana White: There is no controversy. Johny Hendricks won that fight. 

Mike Chiappetta MMA

‏@MikeChiappetta

Dana: "I'm a promoter, Georges is the biggest PPV draw on the planet. But I want what's fair." #UFC167

Dana seems convinced

Edited by StillUnknown

Why Condit. He lost his last fight. I would give it to Lawler.

Condit stopped Kampmann in his last fight. If he beats Matt Brown in a few weeks then I think he and Johny settling the score for the belt is great. Without any bias I'd have to favor Condit in that fight. We'll see if he can stay off his back though.

That is if he beats Matt Brown, who has been looking very Condit'ish himself lately. Talk about a revamped fighter. Still think Condit ends his resurgence and fights Hendro in the spring.

Condit stopped Kampmann in his last fight. If he beats Matt Brown in a few weeks then I think he and Johny settling the score for the belt is great. Without any bias I'd have to favor Condit in that fight. We'll see if he can stay off his back though.

That is if he beats Matt Brown, who has been looking very Condit'ish himself lately. Talk about a revamped fighter. Still think Condit ends his resurgence and fights Hendro in the spring.

A twist here, a twist there, and Robbie Lawler is fighting Matt Brown for a title or interim title sometime in 2014

Not completely out of the realm of possibilities 

Edited by StillUnknown

If Condit wins, and GSP goes through with whatever he was talking about, leave of absence, or retiring, then Condit vs. Hendricks for interim title is likely.

Hahaha Lawler.  Nice.

"If GSP wants to leave or take whatever off, let me and Hendricks fight for interim title, and when GSP decides to come back, I'll beat him up too"

Dana wants what's best for the UFC and with GSP walking away Hendricks would've been perfect. If Dana actually cared about the outcomes of fights Benson Henderson would've lost his belt the first time he fought Frankie Edgar and Gustafson would be the champ right now. Dana is butt hurt about GSP walking away, nothing more nothing less.

Presser just started:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1853054-ufc-167-live-streaming-post-fight-press-conference

Wow Dana is going off on the NASC right now.  Saying they will ruin MMA the way they ruined boxing, saying he is scared to come back to the state to put on fights.

Oh whatever, Dana didn't say anything when his golden boy lost to the unheralded Gustafson. Now he's crying? Dudes such a clown.

Something I find interesting is that UFC's own employees can't even agree on how fights should be judged.  They really need to scrap anything relating to the boxing model and start from scratch.

An example, on the FS1 post-fight show Kenny Florian says, (para phrasing) "a lot of fans come up to me and say, yeah but look at GSP's face compared to Hendricks, he did way more damage. It has nothing to do with damage folks, damaged caused is not what determines the fight"

However in the post fight presser:

Dana White (para phrasing): "Are you kidding me, Hendricks won the fight.  Just look at the them. GSP is on his way to hospital, his face is all busted up.  It's about damage inflicted This is a fight." 

Now this is one of the main analysis guys and the President of the company giving starkly different statements on what wins a fight.  It just comes off as kind of amateurish when even the company's own employees are not straight on what determines the outcome of a fight.  Doesn't mean either Dana or KenFlo are 100% right or wrong, but they need to write up the rules and how to judge fights so there can stop being these huge gray areas that make it seem judges have watched completely different fights.

I am not arguing pro or con of what Dana is saying, just reporting it.

I've been in disagreement for a long time the way UFC judges fights, from seeming to favor quantity over quality with strikes, to being so pro-wrestling in judging etc etc.....I always preferred the way a company like PRIDE handled situations in fighting, although it looks like the UFC is starting to do more of that "standing up fighters when nothing is progressing on the ground etc etc"

Personally I think anything based on the boxing model of judging should be scrapped and guidelines should be written from scratch.  Judges should have MMA experience, not just have taken a class on how to judge. I'd like to seem some sort of "council" or sorts come in to make the rules including fighters from all different disciplines that can argue and debate the merits of techniques and positions/transitions within the context of an MMA fight.

You know they tell every one the rules before every event wihch is understandable getting old but understandable here it is on the UFC Home page 

1. The 10-Point Must System will be the standard system of scoring a bout. Under the 10-Point Must Scoring System, 10 points must be awarded to the winner of the round and 9 points or less must be awarded to the loser, except for a rare even round, which is scored (10-10).
  2. Judges shall evaluate mixed martial arts techniques, such as effective striking, effective grappling, control of the ring/fighting area, effective aggressiveness and defense.
  3. Evaluations shall be made in the order in which the techniques appear in © above, giving the most weight in scoring to effective striking, effective grappling, control of the fighting area and effective aggressiveness and defense.
  4. Effective striking is judged by determining the total number of legal strikes landed by a contestant.
  5. Effective grappling is judged by considering the amount of successful executions of a legal takedown and reversals. Examples of factors to consider are take downs from standing position to mount position, passing the guard to mount position, and bottom position fighters using an active threatening guard.
  6. Fighting area control is judged by determining who is dictating the pace, location and position of the bout. Examples of factors to consider are countering a grappler's attempt at takedown by remaining standing and legally striking, taking down an opponent to force a ground fight, creating threatening submission attempts, passing the guard to achieve mount, and creating striking opportunities.
  7. Effective aggressiveness means moving forward and landing a legal strike.
  8. Effective defense means avoiding being struck, taken down or reversed while countering with offensive attacks.
  9. The following objective scoring criteria shall be utilized by the judges when scoring a round:
    1. a round is to be scored as a 10-10 round when both contestants appear to be fighting evenly and neither contestant shows clear dominance in a round;
    2. a round is to be scored as a 10-9 round when a contestant wins by a close margin, landing the greater number of effective legal strikes, grappling and other maneuvers;
    3. a round is to be scored as a 10-8 round when a contestant overwhelmingly dominates by striking or grappling in a round.
    4. a round is to be scored as a 10-7 round when a contestant totally dominates by striking or grappling in a round.
  10. Judges shall use a sliding scale and recognize the length of time the fighters are either standing or on the ground, as follows:
    1. if the mixed martial artists spent a majority of a round on the canvas, then:
      1. Effective grappling is weighed first; and
      2. Effective striking is then weighed
    2. If the mixed martial artists spent a majority of a round standing, then:
      1. Effective striking is weighed first; and
      2. Effective grappling is then weighed
    3. A round is to be scored as a 10-8 round when a contestant overwhelmingly dominates by striking or grappling in a round.

If a round ends with a relatively even amount of standing and canvas fighting, striking and grappling are weighed equally.

Now with that being said following the rules which some people throw out the window 

I gave Hendricks rds 1 and 3 and GSP 2,4,5 and totally disagree with everyone on all the websites everywhere even disagree with the judges and how they scored it And really don't be believe in a champions' advantage

Edited by uncleelroy89

You know they tell every one the rules before every event wihch is understandable getting old but understandable here it is on the UFC Home page... 

Now with that being said following the rules which some people throw out the window 

I gave Hendricks rds 1 and 3 and GSP 2,4,5 and totally disagree with everyone on all the websites everywhere even disagree with the judges and how they scored it And really don't be believe in a champions' advantage

So because you posted the judging parameters, you're right and Planet Earth is wrong?  :)