Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Rory fights so mechanical. He never does anything until his opponent either makes a mistake or forces him too, otherwise he is mostly just standing there doing the "stalking" thing.  UFC might want to check their pushing him as "the future of fighting"  It's not that he doesn't have a bright future in UFC, but if UFC is billing him as the prototype of the next gen fighter......ugh.

I expect GSP to get knocked out in the 2nd round.  Wouldn't be surprised if it happens in the first.  I've been a GSP fan for what feels like forever but his chin has always been suspect and his time has come.  

I want to pick Hendricks, but GSP will have a pretty big reach advantage and he knows how to use it. GSP will be perfectly content to jab his way for 5 rounds if necessary.

To me GSP still has the superior skill set but something that was apparent in the Diaz fight is that GSP is very battle worn because most of his fights seem to go the distance or get into the championship rounds.

If you look at his fight with Diaz, early on he was landing takedowns at will and dominating the ground, but about the midway point, all of the sudden Diaz was stuffing takedowns, forcing GSP to fight standing up, tagging him some etc etc.....

GSP didn't look the same over the course of 5 rounds.  A lot of people think Hendricks needs to get a KO early, but I am actually interested to see if GSP's stamina does him in if the fight hits the later rounds.

I want to pick Hendricks, but GSP will have a pretty big reach advantage and he knows how to use it. GSP will be perfectly content to jab his way for 5 rounds if necessary.

I agree.  GSP is one of the few MMA fighters that has a really stiff defensive jab and he's used to it win fights before.  I just think his time has come, that time when guys just can't take a hit anymore, and Hendricks might be the worst opponent in this weight class to fight if that's the case.   

Edited by Destino

2-0 Hendricks

He hurt GSP early, but GSP recovered well and probably won the latter half of the round. Still give the round to Hendricks on damage though. 

Hendricks is almost laughing everytime GSP hits him, like he can't be phased. 

Edited by StillUnknown