Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I've been thoroughly enjoying this week as an MMA fan. It's super nostalgic with the celebration of the UFC's 20th anniversary. Has a UFC 100 feel to it. Their 20th anniversary special is awesome. However, it still ignores Frank Shamrock. :ols: That could be Dana's most hardcore grudge.

I've watched a crapload of Dana White clips on Youtube this week, a lot from the early Zuffa days, and a couple interviews from this week. He is unbelievable as a promoter, motivator, is always working hard, knows his stuff inside and out, talks about it with passion, and most of all - he's hell bent on growing the sport. He's a machine at what he does.

We've all disagreed with Dana before, but it's time to give the man his due. I personally hope he stays around for a long time.

Otherwise, I am extremely amped up for St. Pierre vs. Hendricks and Rory vs. Lawler. The problem is, I'm rooting hard for the guys who could get put on their backs without having great BJJ. I can see Hendricks giving GSP fits in the wrestling department, but his approach to striking might mean easy takedowns for the champ. I still give him a pretty good chance of clipping GSP with those brick fists.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

So flippin' amped.

Hendricks via 2nd round TKO.

Evans via Decision

Lawler via 1st round TKO.

Koscheck via Decision

If there are any Canadians reading the board, sorry about my upset picks. Not wildly confident in them anyway, but I gotta believe! Those two winning would spice that division to infinity and beyond.

WOW man Im not Canadian but few of these out there but just for the fun it here is mine, and those picks would really make it more interesting in that division 

GSP via lay and prey for 5 rds 

Sonnen via dec 

Mcdonald via 3rd TKO

Woodley via 2rd TKO but i can see this going to a dec 

Ahh, the inner fan makes a lot of picks for me. My brain said Vitor but my heart said Hendo. Heart says Hendricks, heart says Lawler. Heart has been right before, brain has been right more.

Speaking from personal experience, a couple of gambling losses will have the inner fan tapping to strikes in no time.