Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Do you mean Pennington, Mike?   :)

Yep. Thanks.

TUF finale cards are always a crap shoot.  

A lot of these fighters are just not up to caliber to be in the UFC right now and/or possible ever, and it shows.  It can drag the card to a stand still.

However sometimes you get surprises that you didn't see coming.  

Pena seems like another woman fighter that will be able to run rough shot over a lot of her peers due to her natural strength at 135.  Her opponent really had no chance once Pena closed the distance.  Pena was able to bully her and smother her on the ground until she found openings for the GnP.

I still am holding out until I see her fight someone that can match her strength.

That's the thing about TUF winners, a lot of the time they can either be smoke and mirrors or underrated depending on their competition during the tv series.

Pena's opponent was 36 with a 1-3 record coming into tonight's fight.

I have no idea how good Pena can or will be, but I doubt we found out anything tonight.

I'm taking Diaz in the main event, feeling like he has more left in the tank than Maynard.

Edited by StillUnknown

I hope so.  I don't dislike Maynard but I just feel like we've seen him as good as he can be already, while Nate seemed to be improving a lot with every fight until his latest 2 fight skid (albeit against high quality opponents).

Nate seems to have a better head on his shoulders and higher fighter IQ than his brother and could equal redemption for their legacy if he keeps it together.

Whatever happens, I hope it doesn't turn into a takedown & stall Maynard decision.

Edited by NoCalMike