Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Just finished watching the fights. I worked a 14 hour shoot today.

SHOGUN. He won it the first time and made sure it was real tonight. Freakin' stud.

This was the best UFC card I've seen in... well maybe the best ever.

I thought Kos was bad for faking that illegal knee but Daley was despicable. I expect Dana to bounce him.

Stephens vs Stout, Belcher vs Cote- sweet fights.

Mitrione has come a long way and Kimbo has not.

Man, what a great card. Rua is the man.

Well, that was a good card. It's the first UFC I've seen in 5 months...nice one to come back to :D

Shogun looked RIDICULOUS. That dude is out of control. I am so glad to see he won in such convincing fashion this time so everyone can just shut the hell up and accept he's the champ. I'd love to see him vs. Silva.

Daley...wow. Anyone have a clip of him throwing the late punch? I FREAKING MISSED IT!!! I looked away for one second to answer a question from the waitress and BAM, I hear all this screaming. And of course it wasn't reshown. If anyone can supply me with a gif I'd be eternally grateful :D

That fight was a good fight though. Kos fought a smart, technical fight. Probably boring to some, but I thought it was pretty good (besides the "fro blow" acting schtick, although that was seriously hilarious). I was laughing my butt off when he told Canadians to pretty much **** off in his victory speech. Hahahaha!!! I think the only victory speech I liked better was Lesnar's "I'm gonna drink a Coors" speech.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. Oh yeah, and I liked the Belcher win. Lots. Bad night for Canadians :D

Even thought I'm not happy with the results. I gotta give props to Shogun. He definitely learned from the last fight. Machida will be back against him soon, unless Silva takes him out first, lol.

So, WTF was Daley thinking? Is he that much of a moron to do that. Looks like he's already out now, kinda like babalou, **** up once and you're out for good.

Sad my boy lost, but excellent card overall.

I expect Daley to get the boot. Babalu got kicked out for choking out David Heath when the ref told him to release the hold, this is no different: continuing to attack your opponent after the fight is officially over.

Edited by #98QBKiller

Actually the Daley thing is official:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/05/08/ufc-113-josh-koscheck-beats-paul-daley-then-it-gets-ugly/?ncid=txtlnkusspor00000002

UFC President Dana White said afterward that he's firing Daley from the UFC.

"He's done," White said. "I don't care if he's the best 170-pounder in the world, he'll never fight in the UFC again."

White called Daley's sucker punch "one of the dumbest things I've ever seen," and said that there's nothing Daley can do to get back into the UFC's good graces now.

Edited by #98QBKiller

Let's do it! Shogun vs. Anderson Silva at 205. Who ya got?

i think i still go with Anderson

dude's defense and countering is unreal and Shogun can still be hit.

i really dont think we would have to worry about Silva joking around in the ring with Shogun

honestly if i was Shogun, i would try and take it to the ground. Shogun's ground game is greatness

on a sidenote, Koscheck says that Daley was oiled up for the fight:

tm8XCaYqU6U

Edited by StillUnknown

on a sidenote, Koscheck says that Daley was oiled up for the fight:

As messed up as the late punch from Daley was, I'd take any accusations from Kos with a grain of salt. After the "knee" he took last night and the Anthony Johnson "eye poke." :ols:

I think the general feeling among most fans in a Shogun/Silva fight would be that most would cheer for Shogun because of how Silva has behaved in his last few fights, but if they were betting on it, the smart money goes on Silva.

Like some other people have pointed out, his ability to get out of the way of punches and counter back is unmatched.

As messed up as the late punch from Daley was, I'd take any accusations from Kos with a grain of salt. After the "knee" he took last night and the Anthony Johnson "eye poke." :ols:

good point

daley ruined his whole career with one shot, and didnt even do much damage with it all things considered.

Daley vs. Thiago Alves was one of the fights i wanted to see most in MMA, now its never going to happen

Here it is.

Thank you!

Oh yeah, and lol. What a freaking moron.

I expect Daley to get the boot. Babalu got kicked out for choking out David Heath when the ref told him to release the hold, this is no different: continuing to attack your opponent after the fight is officially over.

Yeah, I didn't expect him to get kicked out, actually. I expected him to get part or all of his purse taken away and like a 6 month suspension. I don't really care, either way, as long as he was punished.

Seriously, after the replays of the "fro blow" and the acting job of Kos, I turned to my husband and asked him: "Do your guys' wrestling coaches all teach you to act like a bunch of friggin babies?"

I got a dirty look.

I can't stand Koscheck and I told everyone around hard times that there was no way he'd stand despite his claims otherwise. Daley's sucker punch was moronic and will cost him his career in the UFC... but I still hate Koscheck. His post fight interview was straight up pathetic.

It will be so much fun watching GSP maul him for 5 rounds.

I can't stand Koscheck and I told everyone around hard times that there was no way he'd stand despite his claims otherwise. Daley's sucker punch was moronic and will cost him his career in the UFC... but I still hate Koscheck. His post fight interview was straight up pathetic.

It will be so much fun watching GSP maul him for 5 rounds.

Oh yes, I agree on both fronts: strongly disliking Koscheck (although I found his post fight interview with Joe Rogan hilarious - classless, definitely, but hilarious, yes) and him getting his butt beat by GSP will be entertaining.