Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Wow that sucked.

I'm convinced Anderson doesn't try hard against other Brazilians. Maia was at least game in the later rounds, Anderson was just lazy.

i'm not sure its restricted to Brazilians. he was kinda the same way against Cote. i think does **** like that when he feels the person in the cage isnt good enough to be in the cage with him

**** aint right though, inexcusable really

i'm not sure its restricted to Brazilians. he was kinda the same way against Cote. i think does **** like that when he feels the person in the cage isnt good enough to be in the cage with him

**** aint right though, inexcusable really

I agree, and even if you just consider the fact that people pay good money to see him perform up to his potential. At least knock the dude out and give us our money's worth, how easily some professional athletes forget that it's our money that is going in to their pockets.

And imagining people who are watching MMA for the first time being exposed to something like this. They must walk away with the impression that it's an exhibition more than a serious sport. What a shame that Anderson's ego gets in the way of him being a consistently great ambassador.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I agree, and even if you just consider the fact that people pay good money to see him perform up to his potential. At least knock the dude out and give us our money's worth, how easily some professional athletes forget that it's our money that is going in to their pockets.

And imagining people who are watching MMA for the first time being exposed to something like this. They must walk away with the impression that it's an exhibition more than a serious sport. What a shame that Anderson's ego gets in the way of him being a consistently great ambassador.

you're absolutely right. it comes down to his ego, which obviously needs some deflating. you cant sell a PPV with him as the headline. arguably the most talented fighter in the sport yet dana and crew can rely on him to deliver consistent performances. the fact the he set several UFC records with this win, will be overlooked. terrible every way you look at it.

on a sidenote, your new #1 LW fighter in the world:

shinyaaoki.jpg

:evilg:

Edited by StillUnknown

# Anderson: Unfortunately, not every fight turned out the way everyone would like. Demian disrespected me, not as a person, but as a fighter less than 20 seconds ago via web
# Silva: basically, im not too sure what school demian came from. i sent a message because he disrespected morally by the things that he said less than 20 seconds ago via web
# silva: im a black belt, and would never say the things that he said half a minute ago via web

:wtf:

# Reporter asks Silva if he owes the fan's an apology. Answer coming ... Silva's answers are very long in portuguese, translations are shorter 1 minute ago via web
# AS: I don't feel like I owe anyone an apology right now. Sometime's fights turn out good, sometimes they turn out bad. half a minute ago via web
# AS: The way I feel is my mission was completed. I cam in and dominated the fight. half a minute ago via web
Edited by StillUnknown

So is Fedor now the #1 P4P fighter in the world?

In the last few weeks:

-GSP took Dan Hardy to a decision amid growing criticism that his style is preventing him from finishing fights

-BJ Penn loses the title to Frankie Edgar in a 5-round decision

-Anderson Silva wins a 5-round decision but spends the first two rounds goofing off and the last three fighting a lazy fight, refusing to engage with Demian Maia...something we've seen several times from him before.

Meanwhile, Fedor isn't fighting often but he hasn't let a fight go to decision since 2005, winning the last few fights in impressive fashion.

What do you guys think?