Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

There is an interview on sherdog with Fedor I listened to last night. Pretty interesting. He mentioned multiple times that he has commitments to m-1 and he is tied to them until his contract is up. If I remember correctly I think he has three fights contracted to m-1. Maybe that is why they have to insist on co-promotion.

good to see Tito as delusional as ever

Tito is an idiot. He will never be a top contender again.

Say what you want about Dana, but he just gave clean slates to two guys that have been trashing him for over a year now (t-shirt guy and Tito). He obviously puts business first.

Say what you want about Dana, but he just gave clean slates to two guys that have been trashing him for over a year now (t-shirt guy and Tito). He obviously puts business first.

i agree and i'm completely with Dana on not allowing M-1 to the co-promote. i completely understand his position, Fedor is really M-1's only leveraging chip to remain relevant, of course they're going to drive the hardest of bargains. i just disagreed on the point that Fedor needs the UFC to complete his legacy

http://mmajunkie.com/event/643/world-victory-roads-sengoku-ninth-battle.mma

Date: Aug 02, 2009

Venue: Saitama, Japan

Broadcast: HDNet

• Champ Satoru Kitaoka vs. Mizuto Hirota (for Sengoku lightweight title)
  • Sengoku featherweight GP finale
  • Kazuo Misaki vs. Kazuhiro Nakamura
  • Kazuyuki Fujita vs. Blagoy Alexandre Ivanov
  • Dan Hornbuckle vs. Akihiro Gono
  • Clay French vs. Eiji Mitsuoka
  • Matt Jaggers vs. Chan Sung Jung+
  • Michihiro Omigawa vs. Marlon Sandro*
  • Hatsu Hioki vs. Masanoru Kanehara*
  • Choi Mu Bae vs. Yoshihiro Nakao
  • Koji Ando vs. Ikuo Usuda
  • Toru Harai vs. Shigeki Osawa
  • Ryosuke Komori vs. Takeshi Numajiri

* - Featherweight GP semifinals

+ - Featherweight GP reserve bout

Hatsu Hioki is worth a watch, hopefully he'll come to the WEC someday. i'd love to see him against the top FW's

I would'nt just submiss Tito so easily. He lost twice to Chuck when he was still a great fighter who's chin had'nt failed him. He lost to Machidi but he did have Lyoto in a triangle to end the fight thats about the most danger i've seen Lyoto in. And he drawed Rashad who i think he had beat other then the holding the cage.

Tito will beat most of the 205er's...

Other than no Fedor, I'm very happy with the press conference. Hendo vs. Anderson II will be a great fight, Vitor vs. Franklin will be entertaining, getting Tito back is good and IMO it makes the LHW division even more interesting...but still I hope Fedor's people stop acting like *******s and get him in the UFC. That would be the cherry on top.

Can't believe I'm going to say this, but **** Fedor and his camp. UFC has bent over to allow him access to the UFC. Russians are generally shrewd business men, but this is beyond insane. There's still enough HW's outside of the UFC to make for good matches. I'll laugh my ass off if Dana starts signing every big-name HW out there.

I would'nt just submiss Tito so easily. He lost twice to Chuck when he was still a great fighter who's chin had'nt failed him. He lost to Machidi but he did have Lyoto in a triangle to end the fight thats about the most danger i've seen Lyoto in. And he drawed Rashad who i think he had beat other then the holding the cage.

Tito will beat most of the 205er's...

That was a crappy triangle and Machida popped right out. Ortiz didn't win a round. I think the sport has passed him by. He is one dimensional, and there a much better fighters that do the same thing now. He definitely had Rashad beat though. Rashad is a much better fighter now. I'd like to see that rematch if Rashad loses to Rampage.

Speaking of Rashad, I just watched MMA Live on espn.com(great show, btw. Watch it every week) Rashad was a guest host, and he won me over. Seems like a good dude. After the ego Rampage has been flexing I'll be rooting for Rashad. Training with Captain Douchebag doesn't help Rampage's cause either.

Can't believe I'm going to say this, but **** Fedor and his camp. UFC has bent over to allow him access to the UFC. Russians are generally shrewd business men, but this is beyond insane. There's still enough HW's outside of the UFC to make for good matches. I'll laugh my ass off if Dana starts signing every big-name HW out there.

That would be great. I know Overeem has expressed interest in being in the UFC. I'd bet Rogers would love to jump over as well. I could see them staying out if it meant they had a shot at Fedor though.

Fedor in UFC would be nice, but the truth is Fedor could retire right now and he is still arguably the best heavyweight ever in MMA, and one of the best fighters period.

Lets be honest, the only reason some people think he needs to go to UFC to "prove his legacy" is because Brock Lesnar at 3-1 has captured the attention of millions of casual fans who believe UFC is MMA, instead of realizing it is just one piece of the MMA picture.

Whether Brock could beat Fedor in 2009/2010 is IRRELEVENT to Fedor's legacy. The fact is Fedor in his prime, when UFC had no stars in their heavyweight division, was taking on all-comers in the heavyweight division. He beat everyone thrown at him and then when Affliction started up, Fedor treated two former UFC Heavyweight champs like they are beginners in the sport. You can say whatever excuses you want, but they were both legit UFC heavyweight champs and they were disposed of quite easily.

UFC's fanbase is growing very rapidly, but people need to slow down a bit and study MMA itself from over the past 15-20 years and not just what the UFC wants you to see and think about fighters and who is the greatest or worst or deserving. UFC's popularity is a good thing for the sport, don't get me wrong, but I am tired of having to deal with people who want to shoot their mouth off about how much they know when they really only have ever watched UFC, especially the ones who only started watching when TUF started.

Fedor in UFC would be nice, but the truth is Fedor could retire right now and he is still arguably the best heavyweight ever in MMA, and one of the best fighters period.

Lets be honest, the only reason some people think he needs to go to UFC to "prove his legacy" is because Brock Lesnar at 3-1 has captured the attention of millions of casual fans who believe UFC is MMA, instead of realizing it is just one piece of the MMA picture.

Whether Brock could beat Fedor in 2009/2010 is IRRELEVENT to Fedor's legacy. The fact is Fedor in his prime, when UFC had no stars in their heavyweight division, was taking on all-comers in the heavyweight division. He beat everyone thrown at him and then when Affliction started up, Fedor treated two former UFC Heavyweight champs like they are beginners in the sport. You can say whatever excuses you want, but they were both legit UFC heavyweight champs and they were disposed of quite easily.

UFC's fanbase is growing very rapidly, but people need to slow down a bit and study MMA itself from over the past 15-20 years and not just what the UFC wants you to see and think about fighters and who is the greatest or worst or deserving. UFC's popularity is a good thing for the sport, don't get me wrong, but I am tired of having to deal with people who want to shoot their mouth off about how much they know when they really only have ever watched UFC, especially the ones who only started watching when TUF started.

alot of truth in this post

on another note President Obama is holding another beer summit to solve this issue:

fedorsummit.jpg

For the "johnny come lately" fan, that may be true. I just want to see him fight more regularly, against something other than UFC rejects. The cage, whether admitted by many or not, is a factor. What I'm sick of seeing is the best HW MMA has ever seen fighting in **** promotions. Barnett was a great fight deal. But, look what happened. Months of suspense for nothing. I feel cheated, and he (and his mafiaso "handlers") SHOULD feel the same way. Instead, it's all about them. There's more to it than just Fedor vs Brock. It's Fedor signing a 5 fight deal, and seeing him regularly NOW. If he retires, he'll go down as the greatest champion in MMA history (IMO). He keeps dicking around, we're going to see a couple more fights, and then he'll pull a Rickson Gracie.

You're 100 percent correct.

Speaking of Rashad, I just watched MMA Live on espn.com(great show, btw. Watch it every week) Rashad was a guest host, and he won me over. Seems like a good dude. After the ego Rampage has been flexing I'll be rooting for Rashad. Training with Captain Douchebag doesn't help Rampage's cause either.

I like Rashad too but I'm definitely pulling for Rampage to knock him out.

That only has a little to do with it. The reason I said he needs the UFC now is because the UFC hs proven to be a different animal. You can blame Cro Cop and Shogun for this. Those are two guys that were salways thrown in the face if UFC fans as far superior Pride fighters. They were suppose to walk right through their UFC weight classes. Is it really that much a leap to think Fedor would have the same problems? Maybe it is. He is Fedor, but I would have a hard time making a sound and logical argument that he wouldn't have those same problems. I am afraid that in ten years it will be the cage that signifies MMA and all Fedor's fights have been in the ring (which I actually prefer). He has never been pushed against the cage or elbowed in the head, or even deal with the prefight crap that we hear is more distracting in the UFC than elsewhere.

The UFC may only be a piece of MMA now for you and all of us who go out of our way to watch other promotions, but I think one day it will be the NFL of MMA. You may want everyone to go back and watch all the Pride shows, but it isn't going to happen. You don't need to worry about the TUF fans(who I have no problem with) discounting Fedor's accomplishments. They aren't writing the history books. It is all the new media that the UFC is getting that will do the writing, and they know less than most casual fans at this point. That is why Fedor needs to go to the UFC or turn into a Rickson Gracie legend like herrmag said.

Lesnar may only be 3-1, but who would you put money on to beat him? 1 guy? 2 guys? 3 maybe? You can't take anything away from what Brock is doing right now.

Hendo's Facebook status yesterday afternoon was "Who has two thumbs and is going to beat Anderson Silva in a rematch"

:D

You know, he's the only guy that I just can't definitively say Anderson will work. . I still see Anderson winning, but it wouldn't shock me to Henderson put on a wrestling clinic for 3-4 rounds, and win a decision.

Tito is the UFC's Mike Tyson....always winning matches by intimidation before the match and during his hopping before the ref started the fight...then the run at you and explode for 2 mins to finish the fight....once Liddel quashed that and survived those minutes, he took Tito apart....if you can survive the barrage and then get after him you will beat him.....just like Iron Mike.

You know, he's the only guy that I just can't definitively say Anderson will work. . I still see Anderson winning, but it wouldn't shock me to Henderson put on a wrestling clinic for 3-4 rounds, and win a decision.

He easily took round 1 against Anderson in the first fight. We'll see if he learned anything from their first fight though, something Rich Franklin didn't do with Anderson.

Also, I'm hoping Nate Marquardt beats Maia convincingly because I'd like to see him get another crack at Anderson. There are a lot of good fights with Anderson at 185 now so I hope the Forrest fight is his last at 205.

That only has a little to do with it. The reason I said he needs the UFC now is because the UFC hs proven to be a different animal. You can blame Cro Cop and Shogun for this. Those are two guys that were salways thrown in the face if UFC fans as far superior Pride fighters. They were suppose to walk right through their UFC weight classes. Is it really that much a leap to think Fedor would have the same problems? Maybe it is. He is Fedor, but I would have a hard time making a sound and logical argument that he wouldn't have those same problems. I am afraid that in ten years it will be the cage that signifies MMA and all Fedor's fights have been in the ring (which I actually prefer). He has never been pushed against the cage or elbowed in the head, or even deal with the prefight crap that we hear is more distracting in the UFC than elsewhere.

The UFC may only be a piece of MMA now for you and all of us who go out of our way to watch other promotions, but I think one day it will be the NFL of MMA. You may want everyone to go back and watch all the Pride shows, but it isn't going to happen. You don't need to worry about the TUF fans(who I have no problem with) discounting Fedor's accomplishments. They aren't writing the history books. It is all the new media that the UFC is getting that will do the writing, and they know less than most casual fans at this point. That is why Fedor needs to go to the UFC or turn into a Rickson Gracie legend like herrmag said.

Lesnar may only be 3-1, but who would you put money on to beat him? 1 guy? 2 guys? 3 maybe? You can't take anything away from what Brock is doing right now.

Ok, what exactly is Brock doing right now? He is 3-1, wining two fights in a row. How is that spectacular in any way? I am not trying to bash Brock here, but I am trying to put things in perspective relative to short-term thinking compared to a career that is legendary.

Tim Sylvia & Andre Arlovsky, some are calling "UFC rejects" I mean come on, they are treating this entire situation like it is prowrestling and someone just went from WWE to WCW. Sylvia and Arlovsky were UFC heavyweight Champions, they traded the belt between each other. They were the cream of the crop for a little bit. Fedor destroyed both of them.

As far as the "Fedor needs to prove himself in the cage" argument. Come on man, that is just like saying any UFC champ is not legit until they get into the ring to defend their belt.

The UFC right now definately is the NFL of MMA. I am not disputing that, and the casual fans will always see it like that. However I feel it is the sports media's job to let the fans know that just because the UFC has the best production value, doesn't mean they always necessairly have the best fights and/or fighters in every single weight division at any given time.

As far as UFC's heavyweight division, take away Brock and I see a division with a few good up and coming prospects, mixed with a couple of guys past their primes. Certainly a mixed bag, no better or worse then the competition waiting for Fedor elsewhere.

Would I prefer Fedor be in the UFC right now? Yes, but do I feel it effects his legacy if he doesn't go? No.

I am willing to be right now that if Brock Lesnar loses his next fight, a lot of people will careless whether Fedor joins UFC or not. UFC is on a public campaign to promote Brock Lesnar as the #1 heavyweight in the world, and Fedor as a b!tch for not signing with the UFC. It is hard to believe anything coming from Dana White's mouth is the truth or at least completely true.

This is a business and just because the fans are dissapointed that Fedor did not sign with UFC, doesn't mean it was the wrong decision for Fedor not to sign at this time.

Personally, I'd be more interested to see what happens when his M-1 contract runs out....