Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Shamrock pretty much got dominated. Diaz was talking a lot of ****, but what goes around comes around for Shamrock.

I kept thinking how ironic it was that Frank was the one being smacktalked throughout the fight. :) Changing of the guard.

Okay, the Scott Smith fight was definitely my favorite.

Nick's a total punk, but it was pretty funny to watch Shamrock get a dose of his own medicine with all the trash talk and hand lowering taunting, lol.

By the way, ran into Dan Henderson tonight in Vegas!!! Super nice guy.

one of the better overall cards in a while

that kid Abongo from the first fight has a helluva chin. Rogers hit that man with everything except the referee and he still hung in there pretty good.

Cyborg beat the hell out of that poor girl, shame on the commission for greenlighting that fight despite the weight difference

Smith's fight is right up there with Torres/Mizugaki for fight of the year.

Melendez looked like his old self again, always exciting. his rematch with Thomson should be good when it happens.

pat miletich should be banned from commentating for saying nick diaz's boxing is as good as professional boxers. shammy is done, no more fights from him please.

damn strong card overall, i kinda wish this was on CBS

Edited by StillUnknown

Cyborg beat the hell out of that poor girl, shame on the commission for greenlighting that fight despite the weight difference

Very game effort by that woman. The weight difference was so obvious from the start with the throws and take downs being so easy and so violent. That poor chick hung in there well despite the look on her face that said, "Holy moly I'm screwed."

Great card overall,

My boy Nick Diaz showed again that he's becoming a top-tier fighter in this sport. Take away the Gomi NC and he's won 9 out of his last 10 fights and only two by decision. I see a couple more fights out there for him (Noons, possibly Le, some fights in Japan, etc.) but I have a feeling that the UFC will sign him back if he continues to win.

The Scott Smith comeback was probably my next favorite fight. You don't see a fighter getting beat for a couple of rounds make a come back like that very often but damn that was exciting. I don't like Radach anyway so it was extra sweet.

Those Brett Rogers knees were lethal. I didn't like how they kept trying to yellow card him for "grabbing" Humphrey's hair. I don't think you should be able to grab someone's hair but if it's all out there like that the rules should be similar to football as to where if you accidentally get a piece of it then there's no foul.

Cyborg's weight advantage was obviously too much for Akano. Cyborg is a wild striker that always swings for the fences, it will be interesting to see how it plays it with Carano because she's a more technical striker....it will also be interesting to see if both can make weight. :laugh:

Including the under card, only one fight ended in a decision. There were two submissions and the rest were (T)KOs. The entire main card ended in a KO or TKO.

I've hear rumors that Chuck will be fired unless he "dazzles" Dana White in the fight this weekend...anyone know if that's true?

i heard something similar, but i don't think theres a chance in hell Dana ever "fires" chuck.

even if he loses, he'll still be a ticket-seller

and if Dana could find away give a 44yr old Mark Coleman a 2nd fight after that fight with Shogun, then i'm sure he'd let Chuck fight until he was 90