Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping

Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher

Undercard:

Jon Jones vs. Jake O'Brien

Dong Hyun Kim vs. Jonathan Goulet

CB Dollaway vs. Tom Lawlor

Matt Grice vs. Shannon Gugerty

Cyborg/Hirata fight is off.

I can see it now. Santos vs. Carano: Battle of the Swine.

http://sherdog.com/news/news/update-akano-cyborg-back-on-16959

now its back on

“All I can say is that Strikeforce and Mr. Coker offered her something very reasonable and we appreciate his effort as well,” said Hirata at the conclusion of negotiations at 2 a.m. PST. “Of course as a fighter she always wants to fight but she wanted to get the right conditions to make that happen, that’s all.”

Hirata is a natural 135lb'er who weighed in at 143 w/o cutting weight, Cyborg will probably be close to 160lbs come fight time. i'm not sure the commission should've allowed this fight to happen

Edited by StillUnknown

This fight should not happen.

i don't think so either

apparently what got Hirata to take the fight was a promise from strikeforce that they would use other fighters from Hirata's camp in future fights.

as much as i want to see Carano/Cyborg, i'm kinda pulling for Hirata to score the upset. not only is she risking her health by taking the fight, she's doing so in part to get the female fighters in her camp a chance at a big show.

Edited by StillUnknown

This fight should not happen.

Technically, no it shouldn't. But Cyborg will weigh almost the same as she would've had she cut the weight properly.

It will probably look a lot like Matt Huges/Thiago Alves or Penn/GSP, a good 10-15 lb advantage for one fighter.

I am seeing Shamrock by decision, but I have to pick my boy Nick.

Diaz by TKO

Radach by TKO

Cyborg by Power Bomb

Hellzz yeah. Back the Diaz Bros. They may have no manners but they don't pretend to be anything but what they are. I wussed out when I picked Frank and I regret it. I like Frank better than I like Ken but that's not saying much. I just think he'll be too big. Like Cyborg.

Cyborg's going to rend and eat human flesh tonight at her weight. :cool:

Strikeforce Predictions:

Brett Rogers vs. Ron Humphrey - This fight will end very fast. Both guys are undefeated and have won all their fights by KO or TKO in the first round. Expect an exchange or two before we see the winner. EliteXC's previous cold-war rival to Kimbo gets exposed. Humphrey, KO, rd1.

Gilbert Melendez vs. Rodrigo Damm - Damm could be the first to finish Melendez if he can get mobile on the ground. Otherwise I think Melendez will fight smart enough to get the decision. UD.

Benji Radach vs. Scott Smith: Radach almost killed Ninja in their last fight. He's the favorite here, but I'll take Scott Smith. The first fight with Lawler was becoming a classic, I'm a fan. If he fights smart he will keep moving until Radach starts pressing, which he's been known to do. Smith has good power. TKO, round 2.

Cyborg vs. Akano - Poor Akano looks like she'll be sacrificing a detached retina for a few H3's and a half a million dollar compensation from Strikeforce. Cyborg, TKO, round 1.

Frank Shamrock vs. Nick Diaz - Never liked the way the Diaz brothers box. Wide, looping hooks that are the definition of "peppering". Hell, they land 'em, but when I see it, I'm always expecting someone to charge a battering ram up the middle. We know they have trippy jiu jitsu duuude, but Frank should really try to stay in the pocket and throw straights. I think he can really mess Nick up tonight if he can get inside of those looping punches, but we all know Frank surprises us with something every fight. Whether it's stunning, stupid, or a little bit of both, he is going to surprise us. Frank, UD.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll