Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

dana's already said in a couple of post-fight interviews thats he's not letting chuck fight in the octagon anymore..........of course in 2-3years he'll come out of retirement and get an instant shot at the HW champion

said he'll always be involved with the UFC but not as a fighter

28s3aqu.gif

chuck falls funny when he gets KO'd. lol

Edited by StillUnknown

**** goldberg and joe rogan...they were basically telling chuck he was retired and then goldberg couldnt STFU about "the end of a legend"...

why didnt they even show the ed herman vs david louiseau fight? couldnt have been any worse then the garbage they did show.

i dont blame thiales from not standing and trading with anderson..he did what he could even though it wasnt much. but i do blame anderson for not putting him away. all that hype about having to go 2 more rounds after the cote fight and being best in the world and thats what we got?

he never really hurt him..he never really did anything. flurry here/hard shot there. anderson is the best figther still no doubt but he needs to step up and do more to live up to this hype.

GSP will eat his ass up if he goes at him like he did last night.

**** goldberg and joe rogan...they were basically telling chuck he was retired and then goldberg couldnt STFU about "the end of a legend"...

Yeah, you texted me about that right as all of my friends and I were talking about how much of a d-bag Rogan is and how unbelievably dumb Goldberg is. By the way, does anyone know how Goldberg got his job? He must be a relative of the Fertitta brothers or something, because he's just an idiot.

i think Anderson fights to the level of his competition. its not right, but its kinda obvious he gets bored when he's in the cage with someone he thinks doesn't present a challenge. why else would he do some **** like this

Lol, that was hilarious. I mean, totally ridiculous, but pretty funny. And you're right, Anderson absolutely fights to the level of his opponents.

Put Lidell on the list of people to hang it up. Right now the only role he can play is gate keeper. Losing 4 out of 5 fight is not what's up. I'm sure Wand is mad he lost. I actually thought Shogun would lose since he looked like crap in America. Maybe he was missing special vitamins. He's got me impressed now though. Can't belive how quick he came for the KO.

Yeah, you texted me about that right as all of my friends and I were talking about how much of a d-bag Rogan is and how unbelievably dumb Goldberg is. By the way, does anyone know how Goldberg got his job? He must be a relative of the Fertitta brothers or something, because he's just an idiot.

according to Goldberg, every single fighter, at every single moment was looking to land an uppercut

if he wasn't trying to be serious, he'd almost be funny

I"ll take:

-Matt Wiman (11-5) vs. Sam Stout (13-5-1) - Could be fight of the night right here. I'll take Wiman by split decision.

:pimp:

I thought Wiman won that fight. Glad they had time to show it.

That Liddell interview was totally bogus. You can see the background that Chuck tried to leave the ring but Dana convinced him to stick around.

I don't think he is done. I will bet money we see Chuck fight again within the year. He is a fighter. He will want to fight. I'm sure Strikeforce are DREAM, or Affliction would pay him a lot of money to fight. He can still beat most of the 205ers out there. Just not the top 15%. The only thing that will stop him is if Dana keeps him under contract without letting him fight, which I could see happening.

I don't blame Lietes for his strategy, until round 5. At that point he had to know he was losing. He needed to shoot and swing for 5 minutes. Instead he got himself cut from the UFC (I bet).

So who isnext for Kongo? Cain Velesquez(sp?) maybe?

:pimp:

So who isnext for Kongo? Cain Velesquez(sp?) maybe?

good call on Stout/Wiman being fight of the night

Cain is fighting Herring pretty soon.

let Kongo fight Shane Carwin after Carwin recovers from the broken nose, winner gets next title shot

dana's already said in a couple of post-fight interviews thats he's not letting chuck fight in the octagon anymore..........of course in 2-3years he'll come out of retirement and get an instant shot at the HW champion

said he'll always be involved with the UFC but not as a fighter

chuck falls funny when he gets KO'd. lol

It looks like Gina's laughing at Chuck getting knocked down :laugh:

good call on Stout/Wiman being fight of the night

Cain is fighting Herring pretty soon.

let Kongo fight Shane Carwin after Carwin recovers from the broken nose, winner gets next title shot

I got them flip-flopped. Thought Carwin was fighting Herring and Cain was available.

if he wasn't trying to be serious, he'd almost be funny

The fact that this guy is serious when he says such ridiculously stupid crap MAKES it funny.

I need to go through my video collection again, but there was one UFC a couple years ago where Goldberg was on fire with his moronic input. Like, I enjoyed listening to his commentary more than I enjoyed the fights during that UFC, lol. I need to figure out which one that is, it was a doosie.

BTW, did you catch Rogan give a shout out to his boys in the "underground" forum or something and Goldberg said he would post there more often, but the people are mean to him. :hysterical:

UFC 97 was easily the worst card since UFC 85. Not only did the main card disappoint, but the undercard looked boring as hell next to the Stout/ "Watt Miman" fight.

Shogun looked good, maybe it's because he was fighting Chuck "The Ice Jaw" Liddell. Chuck took plenty of shots like that back in the day. Where he'd trade blows back and forth, making his opponents succumb first. Even in the Wanderlei fight it looked like his jaw was still working well for him. Now it's glass, and it's apparent he's going to hang the gloves up for the time being.

Anderson Silva got "exposed", so to speak, as a pure counter striker. Albeit the best counter striker in the world. Thales was flopping a lot, for sure, but if you don't mix it up with Silva he will stand there like a human sleeping pill. Not to say he is one-dimensional, but he knows that nobody can possibly overcome his counter striking. It guarantees him a victory if that's all he's waiting for. I can understand his strategy, but that's the problem. Fighters go in there knowing that it's simply dumb to attack him. If Silva is content with waiting forever for someone to actually dive in to his specialty, it's going to make for some boring fights.

Anderson Silva got "exposed", so to speak, as a pure counter striker. Albeit the best counter striker in the world. Thales was flopping a lot, for sure, but if you don't mix it up with Silva he will stand there like a human sleeping pill. Not to say he is one-dimensional, but he knows that nobody can possibly overcome his counter striking. It guarantees him a victory if that's all he's waiting for. I can understand his strategy, but that's the problem. Fighters go in there knowing that it's simply dumb to attack him. If Silva is content with waiting forever for someone to actually dive in to his specialty, it's going to make for some boring fights.

I didn't see the fight so I shouldn't be speaking on this but all these posts about Silva made me consider that 3 of the 4 best UFC fighters right now are guys who hit and refuse to get hit:

Spider, Sugar, and Dragon. Only GSP mixes it up more often... but- he did pay for it by getting KOed by Matt Serra.

I didn't see the fight so I shouldn't be speaking on this but all these posts about Silva made me consider that 3 of the 4 best UFC fighters right now are guys who hit and refuse to get hit:

Spider, Sugar, and Dragon. Only GSP mixes it up more often... but- he did pay for it by getting KOed by Matt Serra.

and ever since the Serra KO, GSP doesn't really prefer to stand as much as used to.

maybe Silva's last couple of performances are his way of getting back at Dana for not letting him fight Roy Jones Jr.

anybody cringe at those kicks he put on Leites' knees?

99gqqe.jpg

that kind of kick could lead to a real nasty looking injury

and ever since the Serra KO, GSP doesn't really prefer to stand as much as used to.

maybe Silva's last couple of performances are his way of getting back at Dana for not letting him fight Roy Jones Jr.

anybody cringe at those kicks he put on Leites' knees?

99gqqe.jpg

that kind of kick could lead to a real nasty looking injury

Yeah. He started throwing them right after Lietes flopped again. I think he was pretty pissed off.

I wish Silva would have just jumped in to his guard and riegned down some elbows. Lietes is not Maia. I guess he did the right thing though.

vdzn2w.gif

Mr. Leites would like to call his mom up to the stand.

Still scratching my head over this. He didn't ADD any vaseline, just took it from his face. He didn't HIDE the fact that he was doing it. WTF? What is the ruling on this? Sherdoggers are going nuts, but I don't know what to think. It's illegal to spread vaseline on your body, no?

Still scratching my head over this. He didn't ADD any vaseline, just took it from his face. He didn't HIDE the fact that he was doing it. WTF? What is the ruling on this? Sherdoggers are going nuts, but I don't know what to think. It's illegal to spread vaseline on your body, no?

The vaseline is for your face. If it was allowed to be spread around they'd put a glob in your hand and not on your face.

This is gaining steam and if there's enough fuss over it we'll probably be seeing stricter rules set in place for incidents of this sort.

People that are huge fans of Silva are mad this is even being pointed out. Saying it had no effect on the fight. Well he was fighting a BJJ World Champion and they did have a few scraps on the ground that Silva fended off. Probably didn't have too much of an effect on the outcome, but something needs to be done about this so it goes away.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Did I owe someone a sig bet because of Diaz-Shamrock? I have stayed away from the board because I have not seen the last WEC, and really wanted to see the Torres fight. My DVR decided to die on me at an inopportune time.

I still have not seen it, but I know there is a replay this weekend at some point. And since I have not seen it, I did not want to go back too far on the thread.

Anyways, I think I made a bet, and I lost since Nick demolished Frank. :mad:

And, I agree with everyone, UFC 97 was one of the worst cards I have seen in quite some time. At least we have some cards coming up that should include some excitement.

Nick demolished Frank. :mad:
:D
And, I agree with everyone, UFC 97 was one of the worst cards I have seen in quite some time. At least we have some cards coming up that should include some excitement.

It's kind of sad that the Strikeforce card was a lot better. UFC 97 had all of the makings of a good card but ended up flopping. It seems to happen like that a lot of the cards that look stacked end up being boring and the cards that look like a drag end up being thrillers.

Demian Maia might have suffered the most from that fight. no way in hell UFC matches up Anderson with a 1-trick bjj guy again. unless Mr. Maia develops the striking of Manhoeff overnight, i don't see him getting a shot anytime soon as long as Anderson has the belt.

on another note, one of Anderson's showboating techniques kinda reminded me of Samuel L. Jackson's crackhead dance in Jungle Fever:

711gu9.gifhv5p8z.gif

Edited by StillUnknown